Guarantee stateroom - when should i know cabin number

damsondebbie

Hi i am sailing on May 21st on Eclipse and have a guarantee stateroom. Have never done this before so not sure on procedure. Obviously cant print off luggage labels yet as no number on them. Should I ring up if the number is not received a few days before departure.

Any help appreciated.

Hi i am sailing on May 21st on Eclipse and have a guarantee stateroom. Have never done this before so not sure on procedure. Obviously cant print off luggage labels yet as no number on them. Should I ring up if the number is not received a few days before departure.

Any help appreciated.

How long ago did you book the cruise?

It can be from a few hours from selecting a Guarantee cabin rate through to check-in at the port.

Alternatively, you may want to give a call to your booking venue (TA or X) to find out how it looks and anticipated assignment.

bon voyage

We were assigned ours within 24 hours of booking. You might want to check with your TA since you're still waiting & maybe getting a little anxious. [emoji79]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we booked a guarantee we were assigned a room soon afterward but only found out by accident when I called Celebrity about another issue and the representative mentioned our cabin #. I would definitely call. Most likely you have been assigned your cabin.

We've only booked guarantee cabins three times with Celebrity ... each of which has been assigned within hours of booking. All three of these were booked after final payment date so that may have made a difference. You may have already done this but check out your cruise after you've logged in to see if an assignment has yet been made. I believe the days of them notifying you once your cabin has been assigned are over.

Any help appreciated.

You do not need to print out luggage tags. You can always write them out at thepier.

DON

A guarantee cabin is not assigned until the cruise is paid in full. Its one of the problems associated with getting a cheaper deal

The OP is sailing this month; I'm sure they have paid in full. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A guarantee cabin is not assigned until the cruise is paid in full. Its one of the problems associated with getting a cheaper deal

This has not been my experience. In fact, a few months ago I put a guarantee cabin on 24 hour HOLD and I was assigned a cabin number. It encouraged me to book the cruise because it was an excellent cabin location. Otherwise, my experience has been anytime within an hour to 72 hours after booking.

We were assigned our cabin within a day or two after booking a guarantee. We booked about 2 months before the sailing date. We actually had a guarantee cabin twice on the same cruise, since we upgraded after receiving our first cabin assignment.

I booked a balcony guarantee for the Equinox 10- night cruise to the ABC islands on October 27, 2017. We booked last July and we still haven't been assigned a cabin. In the past, guarantees were usually assigned within a week of booking, regardless of how far out the cruise was.

I book guarantees 75% of the time, some of them 8-10 months out and have always gotten cabin assignments anywhere from hours to a week later and have never had to wait until final payment to get them. That gives me more time to check for a cabin in a better location. Not that big of a deal as we've yet to have a bad location.

The OP is sailing this month; I'm sure they have paid in full. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Go to the the Celebrity website and checkout "My Celebrity" and / or complete the Online Checkin procedure again and / or thirdly check with your TA. They probably know but have been too lazy to pass on the information

Thanks again everyone. Have just rang Celebrity direct as booked online so no Travel Agent involved and they say it will be assigned definitely by 72 hours before sailing! So its just a case of sitting tight and waiting!

I booked a balcony guarantee for the Equinox 10- night cruise to the ABC islands on October 27, 2017. We booked last July and we still haven't been assigned a cabin. In the past, guarantees were usually assigned within a week of booking, regardless of how far out the cruise was.

We also booked this. We were assigned a cabin within a few days. Then a few weeks later I noticed the cabin # had changed. Its now been the same cabin # for months, but I assume it could change again.

We booked guarantee cabin for November Eclipse 14 day while on our April Silhouette cruise. Cabin was assigned when we got home. Final payment is not until August 21st.

Sent from my iPad using Forums