Why I'm leaving RCCL and you should too!

I've never, NEVER, booked a cruise where the deposit was non-refundable whether booked onboard or through a TA.

Outside of North America bookings, virtually all deposits are non-refundable - you have been lucky. The policy outside of NA may be coming.

Didn't get the responses that you were looking for, huh?

I really wasn't expecting much at all considering the local crowd, but thanks for your concern; for most of those on here, as long as their precious apple cart isn't threatened, they're okay with it.....sheep are like that you know....

If you received no incentive to book onboard and you were told it was non refundable, then why in the world did you book it? Seems like it would have made more sense to book it once you got home where you have an out.

The Next Cruise office did not elaborate on that topic. Even the booking staff was unclear on the change except that it is brand new. I received NO incentive, paid full deposit which is 100% nonrefundable-period! I'm just the tip of the iceberg, there will be more complaints which is why I'm trying to warn people. It's a bad deal and, unfortunately, much too late for me.

I really wasn't expecting much at all considering the local crowd, but thanks for your concern; for most of those on here, as long as their precious apple cart isn't threatened, they're okay with it.....sheep are like that you know....

Cancel, already, would you?!?

The horse is dead, no need to insult people who don't agree with you. Unless your goal is to make MORE people disagree with you- that you are doing well. If that's how you are in person, I'm even more happy that you are finding a different cruise line.

But save ME money, cancel your cruises.

Well then contact Royal and explain that you were unaware of the no cancel policy. Or transfer the booking to a TA and see if they can work it out for you. Seems like a better use of energy than posting snarky comments here to anyone that disagrees with you. I certainly wouldn't book onboard without being absolutely certain what the ramifications are - but that's just me. Your anger is a little misplaced. I don't always agree with Royal's policies but when I do, it certainly doesn't make me a sheep.

Outside of North America bookings, virtually all deposits are non-refundable - you have been lucky. The policy outside of NA may be coming.

No luck involved, and you may be right, but inside of the 90 day mark, or somewhere there about, with a full refund 90+ days out -- even RCCL's website still indicates this. I know this because I've had to cancel past cruises before due to changes in approved vacation time being cancelled. However, inside the 90-days, the refund is proportioned with partial refund, which is why I always have insurance in place by final payment.

Why would any cruise booked on board not have at least some OBC for a GS, whether taken on the present cruise or on the future cruise? As far as the non-refundable deposit goes, just don't change your cruise and it's no issue for you. Continue to save and plan as you always have.

I don't book GS personally, only regular balconies, but I've never booked a cruise on board where I've never gotten any OBC. Do some cruises get nothing? (If so, I wouldn't book it and look online back at home for perks elsewhere...)

The Next Cruise office did not elaborate on that topic. Even the booking staff was unclear on the change except that it is brand new. I received NO incentive, paid full deposit which is 100% nonrefundable-period! I'm just the tip of the iceberg, there will be more complaints which is why I'm trying to warn people. It's a bad deal and, unfortunately, much too late for me.

You keep saying you received no incentive. Didn't you receive OBC for booking on board?

RCCL's new policy for onboard bookings of suites is why I'm leaving. Their new NO-REFUND policy is not just nor fair. If you're thinking this will not affect you, you are wrong. How long do you think it will be before ALL deposits become nonrefundable?

Why only Grand Suites and above? All lines receive booking cancellations before final payment and/or sail date. We book our cruises way in advance in order to save for them, we are not hogging anything; we did not receive any OBC on the current cruise; and we did not receive any reduced deposit. The only difference was making a reservation while on board, I don't know if reservations through a TA are any different. Maybe RCCL should go after the huge group booking companies and not the average cruiser trying to plan ahead.

If you think you're okay because you don't/haven't book suites, it's probably only a matter of time before this policy goes across the board. RCCL is attempting to do to cruises what the airlines did to flying. Shame on you RCCL, I hope this policy comes back and bites you. Either way, you've lost my business forever.

Whatever............:rolleyes:

Well then contact Royal and explain that you were unaware of the no cancel policy. Or transfer the booking to a TA and see if they can work it out for you. Seems like a better use of energy than posting snarky comments here to anyone that disagrees with you. I certainly wouldn't book onboard without being absolutely certain what the ramifications are - but that's just me. Your anger is a little misplaced. I don't always agree with Royal's policies but when I do, it certainly doesn't make me a sheep.

Did that before posting. Booking cannot be canceled, it can be changed within the first 30 days, with a $100 change fee after that initial 30 days, but absolutely NO refund. Cannot have it assigned to a TA either. I'm trying to help anyone who has an upcoming cruise and likes to book onboard, especially if they are planning to book a grand suite or higher. My "snarky" comments are in response to those who feel if it doesn't affect them, no worries. This policy will either be abolished or expanded to cover more cabin categories or specific cruises; sticking one's head in the sand does not result in change and the view remains the same.

Thanks for letting us know your decision, make sure the door doesn´t hit you on the way out. Unfortunately I don´t see a mass Exodus and People following you out big time.

I have no Problem with this and I don´t have a Problem if it´s a spread out policy for all bookings. It would only Level the playing field internationally.

Oh yeah and while you are on your way out, the policy is not unfair in my eyes and yes you come across like a crybaby and I might add Dramaqueen.

If I had a nickel for every time I swore off some good or services provider, then went back, I would have enough money to book a Grand Suite today.

I'm betting that RC is finding that people book Grand Suites on-board, get home, and then realize that there was something that conflicts with the cruise, such as work, children's school calendars, family events (such as weddings), athletic events (think season ticket holders for NFL and college), and such.

Another issue could be that people get the bill for the cruise they are on, see how much they spent, and decide that the Grand Suite is too expensive.

I understand why RC has the Next Cruise office on ships. But honestly, we can't book without my wife's work calendar, our son's school calendar, and the family calendar. And our TA can usually find some sort of deal, because of her contacts at RC.

Their new NO-REFUND policy is not just nor fair. If you're thinking this will not affect you, you are wrong.

Yes this affects me big time. I now stand much more chance of being able to book a suite at a time that is convenient for me rather than having to book eighteen months out as I do now.

You may not be hogging them but plenty others do. As someone who sails in GS but doesn't book onboard for several reasons - the main one being we book through Club Royale - I'm glad they are doing this. I'm tired of scavenging for GS and sometimes having to book JS and wait for final payment for the GS to get released. Obviously it's an issue and Royal is trying to do something about it.

I couldn't agree more. We personally think it should apply to JS as well. I know many cruisers who book a bunch of $50 cruises to latter give them up.

We see this on Majesty all the time.

Why don't you just leave it be. If you're not satisfied with RCL's product or policies, go somewhere else and enjoy it, but, don't tell us what we should & not do. Everyone has a choice!

Holy S., if you're upset with that change you would be in need of medicating if you knew anything about the T's and C's of a UK booking.

As a rule you cannot do any of the following nor be eligible for:

1) cancellations (without losing deposit)

2) any changes

3) any upgrades

4) any promotions

5) rate adjustments of ANY sort

6) TA OBC (ooohhh, sometimes a local TA will advertise a loyalty FCC, but the conditions and value associated with them are frequently laughable)

I'm sure there have been anecdotal incidents of exceptions made to these rules but exceedingly rarely.

Now that is a new one on me. I will advise my TA. I am sure she will not be happy is true.

You can assign the cruise to a TA, but you still will not receive a refund if you must cancel. Since this ONLY applies to cruises booked onboard, assigning it to a TA after the cruise does not change the nonrefundable policy. I've already assigned to cruise to a TA, but there is no change in the policy. If I booked it with the TA, the original refund policies are still in place....this change ONLY applies to onboard bookings.