Why I'm leaving RCCL and you should too!

Why would anybody book a cruise without knowing or having the total intention of going?! I think its good no refunds given, this way only serious people will book and the ones who want to play games will stop.

We book as far out as possible with every intention of going. However, having a DD in school we can only guess Spring term dates etc until they release confirmed school calendar. Our school district is currently rethinking all our school dates for next year which would put us out of synch with the rest of the State. If they make the planned changes that's beyond our control as we work to school calendars.

So yes people book with all the best intentions in the world but do sometimes have to alter things closer in.

We've had non refundable deposits in the U.K. all the time we've cruised - welcome to our world!

Too many people booking suites early and cancelling late is the problem meaning Royal have to offer cheap deals late on.

Same in Belgium.

$7.95?????

That's insane!!! I can't believe it! No way am I paying a $7.95 service charge for that!

:')

Ok. We're warned, but don't be sailing on them again and just slide back in here like your never left.

Excellent work [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Next Cruise office did not elaborate on that topic. Even the booking staff was unclear on the change except that it is brand new. I received NO incentive, paid full deposit which is 100% nonrefundable-period! I'm just the tip of the iceberg, there will be more complaints which is why I'm trying to warn people. It's a bad deal and, unfortunately, much too late for me.

Always been non refundable in the UK.

Since it's my choice how I book, and what I want to pay. I'll stay with RCCL. By the way, don't tell me what I should do as far as leaving RCCL. If I do leave, it won't be because of you. It will be because of a choice I make.

Many other responses to the OP are just downright nasty. These are people who can't act civil, or just feel tough behind a keyboard. OP raised a very valid point. Anyone may disagree or simply not care. But the attitude that pervades here is why CC has just a bad reputation.

The problem is the Ops attitude that we should leave RCL simply because she does not like the policy. If the Op simply identified her problem and did not go into advising others certain actions, the responses would be more civil.

Am I missing how an announcement in the last 24hrs, and effective June 1st, 2017 caused the original poster to lose a $900 deposit?

Maybe I need a nap.

I'm trying to make that connection too. Besides, isn't it July 1 this takes effect? :confused:

I'm trying to make that connection too. Besides, isn't it July 1 this takes effect? :confused:

I believe that booking a full suite already requires a non-refundable deposit.

RCCL's new policy for onboard bookings of suites is why I'm leaving. Their new NO-REFUND policy is not just nor fair. If you're thinking this will not affect you, you are wrong. How long do you think it will be before ALL deposits become nonrefundable?

Why only Grand Suites and above? All lines receive booking cancellations before final payment and/or sail date. We book our cruises way in advance in order to save for them, we are not hogging anything; we did not receive any OBC on the current cruise; and we did not receive any reduced deposit. The only difference was making a reservation while on board, I don't know if reservations through a TA are any different. Maybe RCCL should go after the huge group booking companies and not the average cruiser trying to plan ahead.

If you think you're okay because you don't/haven't book suites, it's probably only a matter of time before this policy goes across the board. RCCL is attempting to do to cruises what the airlines did to flying. Shame on you RCCL, I hope this policy comes back and bites you. Either way, you've lost my business forever.

deleted, error

Edited by fridaythe13th

Many other responses to the OP are just downright nasty. These are people who can't act civil, or just feel tough behind a keyboard. OP raised a very valid point. Anyone may disagree or simply not care. But the attitude that pervades here is why CC has just a bad reputation.

But hey, at least you found another thread where you could re-post your ever going whine about how nasty Posters on CC are. So this should have made your day.:rolleyes:

It wouldn't surprise me if, five years for now, the cruise industry goes the way of airlines, hotels, and rental cars. If you want a low price, you book way in advance, and the price is non-refundable. If you want the ability to change to another cruise or cancel, then you pay a higher price (and possibly a higher deposit).

It wouldn't surprise me if, five years for now, the cruise industry goes the way of airlines, hotels, and rental cars. If you want a low price, you book way in advance, and the price is non-refundable. If you want the ability to change to another cruise or cancel, then you pay a higher price (and possibly a higher deposit).

From a business perspective this would make sense depending on ongoing occupancy rates. If they are running high, they probably miss business from people looking for a cruise, but the category they want might be full so they look elsewhere, then someone cancels later. But if there are usually open rooms, there really isn't a loss of business. I see this happening more in the suites and specialty areas of ships, vs standard balconies and inside rooms except on special sailings.

RCCL's new policy for onboard bookings of suites is why I'm leaving. Their new NO-REFUND policy is not just nor fair. If you're thinking this will not affect you, you are wrong. How long do you think it will be before ALL deposits become nonrefundable?

Why only Grand Suites and above? All lines receive booking cancellations before final payment and/or sail date. We book our cruises way in advance in order to save for them, we are not hogging anything; we did not receive any OBC on the current cruise; and we did not receive any reduced deposit. The only difference was making a reservation while on board, I don't know if reservations through a TA are any different. Maybe RCCL should go after the huge group booking companies and not the average cruiser trying to plan ahead.

If you think you're okay because you don't/haven't book suites, it's probably only a matter of time before this policy goes across the board. RCCL is attempting to do to cruises what the airlines did to flying. Shame on you RCCL, I hope this policy comes back and bites you. Either way, you've lost my business forever.

I can see your frustration with this. Although I don't see us ever booking a suite, I've read in other threads about this concern and I think what's behind it is the limited availability of these suites and what's been happening is people have been booking them and then they'll cancel at the last minute.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I place myself in RCL's position - I'd do the same thing. Give RCL some leg room on this one? I wish you well on your next cruises!