Celebrity website BEYOND INSANITY

twobluecats

........ I don't understand the problems people are having with the website because, even in the first days of the release, I have not had anything other than minor issues.............

You have posted several times that the website is working well for you.

Please tell us specifically in detail what type of hardware and software you are using to access it.

TIA

A few weeks ago I was looking for a link to download my edocs and, like you, I couldn't find one. But there was a 'luggage tag' button, so since I hadn't yet downloaded my luggage tags I clicked on it to see if at least I could accomplish THAT. Lo and behold, up pops my 15 page edocs, with page 13 or 14 being the page with the fold-up luggage tag.

I don't know if this will help you. I offer it as a data point.

Thanks for the info. We had no luggage tag button .Guess it now works .backwards but whatever works! BTW...if you are ordering the hard copy sturdy tags via clicking that button it is a " maybe" sort of thing...

We called Cap Club...Rep e mailed us the docs like they used to do ( no tag copies in the pages).... She is US mailing the tags..... what fun but we are set...hopefully.

Maybe this has been covered but Ive never had a problem signing in but today and my wife has had this problem for a few days not even able to get off the first page. I click on sign in and nothing. If this has been covered I apologize but any ideas whats going on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorrry can't help you. I am having the same problem. I am so angry with celebrity right now. Their new updated website is not user friendly. I am usually finished with all my cruise planning by now but it is not happening this time. And we Love Celebrity but not anymore. Hope our cruise is not a disappointment. Kent and Sandy.

Varoo if you are asking me? Im trying with a IPAD and have for the last 4 years without problems except the normal celebrity website issues. But I cant even sign in now.

I was just wondering if anyone was experiencing the same problem?

I am able to sign in on my iPad. About a month ago I had a problem. I called Celebrity, it took 4 days to fix, but since then I have been able to get in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The website seems like someone's idea of a bad joke.

But now the same person in charge of the website appears also to be in charge of Celebrity's promotional emails.

I just received an email from Celebrity with the subject line:

Where you go is important. How you get there makes all the difference.

Then down below it says

Cruise must be booked 5/1/17 - 5/31/17. Offer applies to select 4-night and longer cruises. Galapagos and certain other itineraries are excluded.

Edited by fleckle

Maybe this has been covered but Ive never had a problem signing in but today and my wife has had this problem for a few days not even able to get off the first page. I click on sign in and nothing. If this has been covered I apologize but any ideas whats going on?

Are you using the same computer and browser? It may be a cookie problem where the site is expecting you and not her.

You have posted several times that the website is working well for you.

Please tell us specifically in detail what type of hardware and software you are using to access it.

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium w/Service Pack 1 (up to date with all updates)

HP ProBook 4530s with Intel Core i3-2310M processor

Browser: Chrome, this link shows my configuration: https://whatismybrowser.com/w/6FWDW4L

Browser is up to date, with JavaScript, cookies and third party cookies enabled. I have Java and Flash disabled. I have uBlock Origin installed as my pop up blocker, but have it turned off for the Celebrity site. I'm currently using Panda as my anti-malware, and it has an extension for "safe browsing" (I believe it only comes into play when a known bad IP address is visited).

One of the things I'm wondering about is if other security plugins are causing issues on the site; most anti-malware programs install browser extensions now.

Are you using the same computer and browser? It may be a cookie problem where the site is expecting you and not her.

A cookie problem is not a user problem, it is a web site problem.

Having the user clear cookies is not a solution, it is a work-around.

At least someone from Celebrity monitors the FB site:

"Hi Xxxxx

We are very sorry for the issues you have been experiencing on our website. We are currently working to have these issues resolved.

Thanks, Celebrity Cruises UK."

Same problem here. Can't sign in on chrome, explorer or safari with desktop or ipad. The cursor turns to a hand over the sign in prompt but nothing when clicked on.

Same problem here. Can't sign in on chrome, explorer or safari with desktop or ipad. The cursor turns to a hand over the sign in prompt but nothing when clicked on.

Ditto!! Today is the first time I have not been able to log in.

I am getting the same result. Can not sign in. I had to call Capt Club to get a credit for booking 3 on line excursions. They are also having problems. Did get a call back yesterday and they are going to give me an OBC for $75. Who knows if I got it as I cannot get into system.

A cookie problem is not a user problem, it is a web site problem.

Having the user clear cookies is not a solution, it is a work-around.

A cookie can indeed be a browser problem; it happens frequently in Chrome, for instance, where a corrupted cookie can cause a page to appear blank. But in this case, it could be that the site is choking on HIS cookie when SHE is trying to log in if they are using the same computer. And you're right, that's a website problem. It should destroy the first cookie and create a new one.

I never said it was a user problem, did I? If I did that was wrong.

I get it that some just want to complain. That's fine. For those that want to get something done on a site that is, shall we say, "less than perfect", sometimes having a work-around is a very good thing. I will continue to suggest them when I think it will help people. You can block seeing my posts if they really bother you that much.

I am able to log in without any problem, view my Captain's Club status & cruising history, and my upcoming October cruise. Usually I do my on line checkin as soon as I can, but after reading about everyone's problems, I am dreading doing that, & will wait until closer to sailing in the hope that the problems recede by then. OK, I'm a glass half full guy, I know.;p

A cookie can indeed be a browser problem; it happens frequently in Chrome, for instance, where a corrupted cookie can cause a page to appear blank. But in this case, it could be that the site is choking on HIS cookie when SHE is trying to log in if they are using the same computer. And you're right, that's a website problem. It should destroy the first cookie and create a new one.

I never said it was a user problem, did I? If I did that was wrong.

I get it that some just want to complain. That's fine. For those that want to get something done on a site that is, shall we say, "less than perfect", sometimes having a work-around is a very good thing. I will continue to suggest them when I think it will help people. You can block seeing my posts if they really bother you that much.

Fshagen, we are only "complaining " because we need the website to work. Maybe some of us aren't as computer and website literate as you are. I know you think you have provided suggestions that work for you. If they don't work for us that doesn't mean we are complaining. It is in fact very frustrating.

Fshagen, we are only "complaining " because we need the website to work. Maybe some of us aren't as computer and website literate as you are. I know you think you have provided suggestions that work for you. If they don't work for us that doesn't mean we are complaining. It is in fact very frustrating.

I am able to log in without any problem, view my Captain's Club status & cruising history, and my upcoming October cruise. Usually I do my on line checkin as soon as I can, but after reading about everyone's problems, I am dreading doing that, & will wait until closer to sailing in the hope that the problems recede by then. OK, I'm a glass half full guy, I know.;p

I think if you aren't having problems you will be able to do anything you need to do. That seems to be the case. Some of us are able to get everything done, and never see the same error messages, etc. that others do. I don't doubt they are seeing them, and I'm not making any judgments, but whatever the problems are with the site they seem to be piling up on people and don't seem to ever get better for them.

So try it. You may be among the lucky ones that don't have whatever it is that is causing the problems on the X side of things.

I booked a reservation with a TA in 1/2016 for an 11/2017 cruise. I have made final payment in full. I am still unable to search air through choice air. I know I can do it directly with the airline or call choice air, however previous to the new site launch I was able to search flights for my cruise easily. Now I am unable to access even a search. Each time I try it says to please complete primary guest information prior to making changes. I have deleted cookies and cache on 4 different browsers on 2 computers operating windows 10 with all java updates and latest browser versions. There is no information missing when I go to our profiles. The TA I used is a high volume online TA that we have used problem free for many years and many cruises. I know that the problems are not from their end. These problems started 4 months ago with the new site launch.

Also, when I go to my reservation, manage my reservation, then click Before You Board, then Check in and Port Location, it says I am departing from USA.....that's it, just USA. That is not a function of my computer! It's the messed up website!!!!:mad: