Past passenger reduction

jimpod

Can anyone tell me why we would not have got the usual £50 per pax reduction on a cruise we recently booked? We have had this on every cruise since staring to cruise with Princess. TIA

My experiences for the past couple of years have been that rarely is there a lower price available after signing in to my Princess account. So none of mine have a past passenger discount although for a couple of recent bookings in Spring 2019 they had a "Launch Fare" discount of $50.

Past guest pricing seems to be a bit variable. Sometimes we see a lower price when we log in and other times there is no savings. A couple of years ago we actually saw an increase of $200 when we logged in. ;p:confused::(

Sent an email to Princess UK and got a reply this morning. Apparently this discount isn't always available. Depends on cruise and whether it is part if a promotion or if it has already been heavily discounted. Neither of these apply to our booking so looks like it's a bit of a lottery. Not too fussed will enjoy the cruise anyway.

When Princess first lists a cruise to book , Past Guests will qualify for Launch Rate Code (ex:= $50p/p off of a 7 night cruise ).

However , that rate is before Princess comes out with all their Sales and Promos .

Those Promo's have their own Rate Codes which wipe out the Launch Rate Code.

You may only have 1 Rate Code on a booking. So if you booked early with the Launch Rate Code , it gets replaced by the new Rate Code ($50 = no big loss)

Many times the new promo will have a separate Rate Code for Past Guests which includes an additional discount .

A good TA can explain this better , get one !

When Princess first lists a cruise to book , Past Guests will qualify for Launch Rate Code (ex:= $50p/p off of a 7 night cruise ).

However , that rate is before Princess comes out with all their Sales and Promos .

Those Promo's have their own Rate Codes which wipe out the Launch Rate Code.

You may only have 1 Rate Code on a booking. So if you booked early with the Launch Rate Code , it gets replaced by the new Rate Code ($50 = no big loss)

Many times the new promo will have a separate Rate Code for Past Guests which includes an additional discount .

A good TA can explain this better , get one !

The Captains Circle Launch Savings may still apply even after changing to a new promo. It may be the only promotion that remains when you change to a new promotion.

On 19 March 2015, I booked a September 2016 trans-Atlantic on the Caribbean Princess with "Launch Fares" and "Captains Circle Launch Savings". On 9 July 2015, I changed my booking to take advantage of a new promotion. My new booking listed "Sip And Sale Promotion" and "Captains Circle Launch Savings", and it was $100 per person less than the advertised fare at that time under the new promotion. Even with the $100 savings from the Captains Circle Launch Savings, the new fare was still $100 per person more than my original fare, but I was willing to pay $100 more per person for an AIBP (on a 17 day trans-Atlantic with lots of sea days:)) and a free specialty dining.