New Level at Captain's Club??

sbalax

we have spent hundreds of thousands of ££££££ with celebrity and rccl we will never get to zen we just like celebrity /rccl the reason we have spent the amount over the last 30yr is because it is to far to go to usa for a week

Hi Ma Bell. In general, I am a strong believer in loyalty benefits (I love collecting points lol).

Unfortunately, I have not (yet) been able to cruise in a suite, so loyalty benefits can still be important.

I was very happy to achieve Elite status, and take advantage of some of those benefits (related to laundry, internet access, discount on photo packages).

I would have enjoyed the cocktail hour and breakfast more, but X started offering the beverage package as a perk that I take advantage of... (so in a sense, that loyalty benefit is no longer meaningful to me).

Essentially, I was agreeing with orator (see his quote below) - it is discouraging to need so many points to advance to E+ or Zenith. This is magnified by the fact that the benefits aren't that meaningful in IMO.

So I'm in caught between believing on loyalty and benefits, but not seeing them as achievable or meaningful ;)...

I am still a loyal customer and believer in X, BUT, I will keep my eye on other lines and offers. I may not do so if I felt my next loyalty level with X was achievable and meaningful.

It would be nice to have more meaningful benefits, even if they are "one time use" benefits only when a level is achieved.

I am willing to admit that I may still be missing something in the big picture equation of loyalty levels with X... :)

Here's the thing, there is nothing offered by Celebrity that you can't purchase and if Celebrity gives "meaningful" loyalty benefits you can be assured you will have paid for them.

The President's Cruise begins on August 27th and I would guess that any announcements on any topics would come at that time. I would not expect any announcement concerning Captain's Club other than announcing the name of the new head of the Loyalty Program.

My guess is that if there is a change to the CC levels the announcement will be made after a new head of loyalty programs is identified. This way the new person gets to take credit for what will be promoted as a program enhancement.

Its all academic to me. Getting from Elite to Elite plus is going to be outside our realm. It took too much concentrating on X cruises to get to Elite and the extra benefits are just not worth the effort

After one (1) cruise, you receive e.g. a C2 for the price of a C3. After two 14-15 day trips (e.g., transatlantic, Antarctica) plus a 7 day Alaska trip and you are over 150 pnts. Nice discounts on internet etc. Two more 14-15 day trips and you are close to Elite with bigger discounts, tendering priority privileges, etc. Sounds like a reasonable way to encourage newbies. It worked for me. Note, my calculations/estimates based on 5 points/night as in Concierge or Aqua.

I like your approach...I got to Elite status on Princess by taking 8 cruises, some of them cheaper than what you would pay for a good hotel room for one night in a big city. Princess gives you status points for the number of cruises or the number of cruise days, which ever comes first. So even a 1 day cruise counts to getting closer to the next tier.

I am now focusing on Celebrity's Elite status...took my first Celebrity cruise and (in error or by luck), booked solo in a concierge class...10 points/day! So needless to say my eye is on the fastest and cheapest way to get to Elite, which I hope I will get in 3 cruises, max, specially if I take another TransAtlantic.

So privileges and status recognition can be an incentive to loyalty, IMHO. I may never strive for Elite Plus on Celebrity as the Elite privileges are sufficient for me at this stage in my life.

So if I read this thread correctly, LLP said there would be a new level by the end of June?

It is only Aug. 9; we should probably give it some more time ;)

Someone asked LLP on twitter a few months ago(June 15) if there was a plan for a new level between Elite + and Zenith, and she said it was "still under consideration, and we will make an announcement once decided"

I'm hoping they announce it while we're on the Presidents Day cruise, but that's hopeful optimism as I don't think they will create a new level

Someone asked LLP on twitter a few months ago(June 15) if there was a plan for a new level between Elite + and Zenith, and she said it was "still under consideration, and we will make an announcement once decided"

I'm hoping they announce it while we're on the Presidents Day cruise, but that's hopeful optimism as I don't think they will create a new level

Sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for. A new level would have to have some perks associated with it and they could be some perks that exist now for Elite + but then would be taken away from Elite + to make the new level special.

Sometimes you need to be careful what you ask for. A new level would have to have some perks associated with it and they could be some perks that exist now for Elite + but then would be taken away from Elite + to make the new level special.

Elite+ perks are not that great. Between my DH and I we have more laundry than we can use and the discounts for specialty restaurant are a joke when I can get a better deal by talking to the maitre 'd and the beverage package discount should be at least 40%.

Only useful things are the extra Internet minutes and free Cafe al Bacio.

We need better Elite+ perks not worse.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

You find the cafe al Bacio coffees a good perk, someone else who doesn't drink coffee might not think so. You don't need extra laundry, someone with a family might find that the extra laundry is very important to them. The point is, no one is going to like all the perks that come with Elite Plus, and the same will be true if they invent a new level between there and Zenith. Someone is always going to say "who cares" and someone else will be saying "that's great, thank you."

Seems to me that they would have to hire a new head of loyalty before they could seriously consider a new loyalty level. I presume that the head of loyalty would be in charge of that. Hard to do w/o a head of loyalty.....

Seems to me that they would have to hire a new head of loyalty before they could seriously consider a new loyalty level. I presume that the head of loyalty would be in charge of that. Hard to do w/o a head of loyalty.....

Might find out.in 2 weeks. I would think the Assistant who came with Lee to Mardi Gras cruise would be in line.

if you think it's tough getting to the next level beyond Elite Plus, according to the website Zenith goes from 3,000 to 99,999.

"

• review 0 pts
  • Classic 2-149 pts
  • Select 150-299 pts
  • Elite 300-749 pts
  • Elite Plus 750-2999 pts
  • Zenith 3000-99999 pts

Elite+ perks are not that great. Between my DH and I we have more laundry than we can use and the discounts for specialty restaurant are a joke when I can get a better deal by talking to the maitre 'd and the beverage package discount should be at least 40%.

Only useful things are the extra Internet minutes and free Cafe al Bacio.

We need better Elite+ perks not worse.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

We are generally ok with E plus perks...but the one for the spa is useless...same discount as the port specials open to all. We would like to see a real perk for the spa...either for E + or AQ class..(.still annoyed about losss of our daily in stateroom water! ) Spa controls the spa perks so I doubt they would be very generous...

Focus right now is on Suite Class perks rather than loyalty benefits for Cap Club, and doubt that will change...

We are generally ok with E plus perks...but the one for the spa is useless...same discount as the port specials open to all. We would like to see a real perk for the spa...either for E + or AQ class..(.still annoyed about losss of our daily in stateroom water! ) Spa controls the spa perks so I doubt they would be very generous...

Focus right now is on Suite Class perks rather than loyalty benefits for Cap Club, and doubt that will change...

Loyalty points represent past revenue. Suite points represent current revenue. No surprise here that X favors Suite points earned now rather than loyalty points earned in the past.

if you think it's tough getting to the next level beyond Elite Plus, according to the website Zenith goes from 3,000 to 99,999.

"

• review 0 pts
  • Classic 2-149 pts
  • Select 150-299 pts
  • Elite 300-749 pts
  • Elite Plus 750-2999 pts
  • Zenith 3000-99999 pts

And what do you get for 100,000 points and over, title to an M class ship? Really, what other perks could one ask for above Zenith?

You find the cafe al Bacio coffees a good perk, someone else who doesn't drink coffee might not think so. You don't need extra laundry, someone with a family might find that the extra laundry is very important to them. The point is, no one is going to like all the perks that come with Elite Plus, and the same will be true if they invent a new level between there and Zenith. Someone is always going to say "who cares" and someone else will be saying "that's great, thank you."

I'm one of those that says, thank you. I remember the days when there wasn't any perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And what do you get for 100,000 points and over, title to an M class ship? Really, what other perks could one ask for above Zenith?

It's always the little things....

I believe everyone elite and over gets a free scoop of gelato but if you ask for the cone you will be charged $4.72. This is totally inconsistent on ships

It's the silly things like this or repricing a wine 50 cents over the premium package..

If one has the beverage package and water is included why can't you just take the bottle of water in your cabin rather than going to a bar and get it? or that can of soda? Why can't your fridge be stocked with the plan that you pay for?

And of course there will be comments about affording the cruise but complaining about the cone charge or the 50 cents.... I just want a simple way for everything to be included in an upfront price with no gotcha moments like charging for what one might think is included..

And of course I want another free cruise when we hit the next level (every 3000 pts )

I think that I understand why the fridge can't be stocked with the plan that you pay for. There would be no way to monitor "sharing" the contents. I get that one.

The business about the cone vs. cup makes no sense to me. I totally agree that it would be great for there to be consistency across ships!