Enough negativity...what is the BEST thing you have seen a carnival cruiser do?

nchikk

During a cruise my wife came down with a bad cold and couldn't eat in the main dining room. Upon hearing that she was sick, our waiter, at the end of my dinner, brought a huge bowl of chicken soup for me to take back to the cabin for my wife. Such a kind and thoughtful gesture!

Aww, so nice!

At a bar the gentleman in front of me bought his drink and mine (2)....He suggested I pay for the person behind me and I did, would have cost me the same either way. The lady behind me then paid for the person behind her since I paid for hers....I don't know how long this went on, but made my day.

That's awesome

Carnival Liberty December 2017

Carnival Liberty December 2016

We were on the Spirit years ago and sitting in the area outside of the dance club. The security guy at the door checking ID's was being hassled by some guy that I guess couldn't get in.

My DH is trained in martial arts, you can lay someone out without actually hurting them. He was watching carefully and this guy was just getting more and more angry and the security guy was just standing there, not sure if he called for more security or not. My DH thought the guy was going to start punching him so he went over and said something to the guy and the situation de-escalated.

My DH is very quiet and low key so when I asked him what happened, he just told me he wasn't going to let the guy start pounding on the security guy, so he told the guy to leave him alone. I'm sure he said more than that.:D

I love it.

Carnival Liberty December 2017

Carnival Liberty December 2016

When we were on the Freedom a few years back, my husband would always go out of his way to help a lady who at first seemed to be traveling alone with twin little girls. Looked to be about 9 or 10 months. She always seemed to be struggling with this double wide stroller (which was just a terrible idea to begin with to bring on the cruise) to get from one place to another. Before anyone had the chance and without hesitation, he helped her carry her drinks back to the table, her plate, etc. She wound up going on an excursion with us and was late getting back on to head back to the ship. Nobody got off the van to help her - not even me actually. But he got off to help her fold the stroller and get it in the back of the van. Come to find out during the cruise that she was travelling with an older woman and a teenager. I spoke to her on the Lido deck one morning and she told us she was from Texas and had booked the trip last minute with her mom and kids just to get away.

We ran into her quite often. She stood out with that big double stroller. My husband always went out of his way to help her. His thought was that he was doing the same thing he would hope someone would do for me if I ever cruise with just the kids. <3

Well for me, I can't go negative, as i haven't cruised with Carnival in 6 years ;) I'm going now again this September and cannot wait. I know some things has changed, but so be it. I hope they will still keep Legend Serenity for adults only. Also they have introduced a drink cheers package since we've cruised last time. It's quite expensive, but we will buy it anyway, since it's a cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii and lots of sea days. The best thing I remember about Carnival cruises was fun, comedy shows, us running up and down like a nutcases trying to fiddle comedy shows with actual shows at the theatre :)

My kids were at Camp Carnival and my wife was seasick so I was eating alone. A table full of ladies invited me to eat with them. They felt bad I was alone and not with my wife. I declined but after dinner wish I hadn't! My loss. I could have met some really nice people.

When we were in line waiting for pizza. A drunk girl in front of the line gave the poor guy making the pizza a very hard time even after getting her pizza. Everyone in the line that witnessed this apologized to him including us. It put a smile back on his face

At a prime eating time on Lido, where no tables were visible for miles, I once saw a guy who was eating with his daughter (at a table for four) get up mid-meal and swiftly meander through the crowd to catch up to an elderly couple who were hopelessly looking for a place to sit, and he welcomed them to his table.

Karma showed it's face that day, as the lunchtime conversation turned out to be rewarding for his daughter as she was charmed by the elderly couple's heartwarming answers to questions as mundane as "So, where are you from?" She learned a lot that day and still to this day mentions the elderly couple to her father from time to time.

Our very first cruise (too many years ago to admit to!) and my 14 YO daughter was being a typical teenager- 4 days in a cabin and she didn't speak one word to me!!! (mad because I wouldn't buy her TWO bathing suits in Freeport- mean mom that I am I made her pick ONE of her favorites)... this is all just a setup for the greatest thing that I ever saw on a cruise ship.

She was a very picky eater at the time, but each meal in the MDR, our waiter Hamdi (I still remember his name 25+ years later!) fussed over DD and had her giggling, acting human, speaking in complete sentences and even eating different foods! Things she would never ever try at home! But she liked certain dishes, and he'd always promise to have her favorite replacement dish there 'in less than 2 seconds' if she would just try this, or that... and she did! Some she liked, others not, but it made meals an adventure instead of a chore! I LOVED Hamdi and made sure he got a larger tip than I could really afford at the end of the cruise!

BTW DD is now 40, and has the son she deserves! He's a mini-me around her- a complete mirror of what she was like as a child! I tell her she got the child she deserved! Of course, he's a perfect angel around grandma!!!

I was on a cruise with my girlfriend and her DH for her birthday. A couple found out it was her birthday and when they saw us around he ship, they gave her a big magnetized birthday sign to put on her door. They said they brought it to share with a birthday someone they would meet. SO nice.

I have to say , on all of our cruises we meet the nicest people who are all very happy to be on vacation. I know I don't get to go on as many cruises as I would like , so when I am on a beautiful ship , I try and take it all in and enjoy it. The Carnival staff I believe are the best !! I have a very bad memory , so it always amazes me that they remember my name !! I love that !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few. One evening at dinner it was just my daughter and I. We were seated right next to an elderly couple. The husband didn't talk but smiled a lot. (I think he had likely had a stroke from some other things we observed.) But the wife was very chatty and completely doted on my daughter. Kept telling us different things on the menu that we should try eytc. Just a very darling couple. The rest of the week whenever we saw her she would call out to us and tell whomever she was with how charming my daughter was. We met so many other passengers through her.

One cruise, my sister was in a wheelchair. So many people offered to help us in the buffet etc. It was a great example of how kind people can be. We also didn't have trouble getting into elevators. Though I know from my own experience how rude people can be about that.

We also had a great encounter with a mom and her son about age ten. Our boys were swimming together and the mom and I were sitting on the edge of the pool chatting. We did this several times through the week. She asked one of the evenings if I could keep an eye on her son for a minute while she got a drink. I said sure and when she came back, she had gotten a drink for me too. That was very sweet of her.

Our first Carnival cruise was on Fantasy for New year's day 1998. We were travelling with three teenage girls aged 19,15 and 11. We were off to a horrid, teenage hormonal start...and had to go to a muster drill in our life jackets. It was awful, until we met the other couple who sat with us. The man must have been a stand up comic. He charmed all three daughters, turned their moods completely around, and had us all laughing to start our cruise. I was very grateful!!! (And I still have the pictures). We thought about posing for a 20 year anniversary picture...

Our first cruise was a delayed honeymoon and a welcome home from Iraq trip for my husband. On elegant nights I wore ball gowns and he wore his dress blues. A man sitting upstairs saw us and brought us a large bottle of champagne. I didn't care for it but it was such a sweet thing to do that we drank a bit every night.

Having a son in the Army myself, I always enjoy reading stories of people who go out of their way to honor members of the military. And while I'm sure you were beautiful in your ballgowns, there's nothing that can beat a man in dress blues!

It was our honeymoon cruise and we were on the Victory. My wife and I were walking in the area near the coffee shop, etc. Some children had just been "released" on a scavenger hunt activity. Several kids ran towards us to see if we were newlyweds, we signed their little sheets and then they ran off to continue the game. That is normal.

Then two little girls approached us. The elder had a British accent. She asked for a moment of our time, said excuse me, please, and thank you; and was just incredibly polite. Of course we helped them as best we could. Being a former teacher, her courtesy really impressed me. So some kids do more than just push elevator buttons and spill ice-cream on cruises.

Positive things about Carnival is that it is a party ship. If you want to enter the ship with a beer in hand and have the ability to have your kids run around the ship at well, then it is the cruise for you. However, not for me.

You are on the wrong thread.

Exercise manners and behave with appropriate decorum. I have never observed a fellow passenger do anything overly kind or above and beyond the call. I see hundreds every cruise, drink, have fun, keep their curse words to themselves, yield the elevator to those exiting, take turns when lining up for the tender, and wear appropriate clothing to each dining venue. But I also see those that don't; they simply lack class.

It is the staff that distinguishes Carnival the most IMHO. Between Carnival, Princess and RCI, they are the most likely to meet you with a smile and happily honor a request. They love the kids and are always kind to them. When my boys were smaller, they used to leave a chocolate chip cookie on their bed with their towel animal.

You are also on the wrong thread.

On an excursion in Belize a young lady, Kelly, had been attacked by a monkey and had been badly mauled. She was covered in bandages. Her ankle tendons had been torn. When we boarded the tender to return to the ship she was in a wheelchair. When we reached the ship I was happy to note everyone kept their seat while medics tended to her and got her on board. No one was rushing the gangplank or standing in the aisles. Nice for a change.

Going back to our Carnival Elation cruise in 2006. This was the one and only cruise where we had traditional dining with strangers. Prior to this we sailed and dined with friends and extended family and afterwards we were given our own table and then anytime came into being. Our diner mates for this cruise consisted of an older retired couple, a younger couple on their honeymoon, and us (DH and myself were 40 with DS 12 and DD9). We had nothing in common. The only bright point of this was when the older couple took the time out of their vacation and came and watched DD do one of her competition dances at the kids club talent show. I thought it was a very sweet thing for them to do for her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for starting this thread, I have too many to list, we always run into great people on cruises.

Haven't even opened the negative thread, because why...

I totally understand and thought the same thing when I saw the title..but curiosity got the best of me. There are some very funny posts.

I have way to many good things to list..but one that I remember is when my daughter and I were having pizza in the middle of the night. She asked one of the chef's if they had ranch dressing. He said no and we went on our way to go eat our pizza. About 7 minutes later, a chef came up with a bowl of ranch that he went to get from another kitchen. It was so nice.

We were on a carnival excursion in Panama several years ago. We had a bus full of people and stopped at a pretty little town on a bay to see a fort. It was hot...hot...HOT...lol...One of the men in our group found a tiny store that had ice cold orange sodas for ten cents. He came back with his arms full and gave everyone on the bus that wanted one a cold soda. He even made a second trip. I haven't had an orange soda since that tasted that wonderful!

On every cruise we have benefited from the kindness of someone, a fellow passenger who gave us their cabana at Half Moon Cay, a waiter who did magic tricks for our little girl several times, a singer who sang to our little girl and let her on stage, waiter who share several funny stories about his experiences and then told us about his family and his plans to open a restaurant in his home country.