Online airline check in before you disembark?

loving goldens

Not at Guest Services, but you can do it at the ILounge. Wifi time is not free but they often have specials on the last day where you can buy just a small packet of minutes so you can go on line to do check in.

wait till you get to port and use your smart phone if you have one. i'm not sure on this but, each passenger might need to have there own phone which is pretty common now.

later,

ezemoney

There are cruisers who will give up 1-2 hours on their last full cruise day, to try and get online (to an airline) and print out a boarding pass. In most cases you are paying for the online time and may even have to pay some silly small fee to print a few pages. We have done this ourselves...but decided it just made no sense and there is no reason. There is no need to check-in (a day early) for nearly all airlines. Simply go to the airport, use a free kiosk, and you can quickly print our your boarding pass (and will also see if there are any inexpensive upgrades). The one major exception is for those of us who use Southwest. But when we are flying SW home...we will pay the extra $15 (when we book) which gets us a low boarding number. In that case there is no reason to check in 24 hours early....and we simply print out our boarding passes at their kiosks once we get to FLL. The reality is that with Southwest, if not paying extra for their pre assignment...you really need to get your boarding pass 24 hours in advance....not 23:50! And when trying to do this on a ship, the internet service can be so slow as you will miss the chance to snag a low boarding number. So, for us, the $15 extra fee (which guarantees a low boarding number) makes sense. And we do not have to leave our comfy deck chair and pray that the printer and INTERNET are even working.

Hank

You do not say what room you are in....If you are in a suite the Michael's Club concierge will do it for you. I believe the general concierge will do it for concierge class guests but unsure as we have never booked a C cabin. Perhaps someone else can confirm...

Don't agree that it is not needed or worth it. It depends. We are United Premier Silver and can only upgrade to available premier seating seats 24 hours before the flight (a change since they merged with Continental - but that's a complaint for another post:)).

We have also done it onboard many times and it never took us more than 20 minutes at most. There are a lot of other passengers doing the same, so do expect some crowds. There are fewer crowds now that many people use their smart phones or laptops with internet packages so it's not too bad. Internet can be slow, but it doesn't take that long. You don't really need to print out the reservation - can use your smart phone or print at the airport.

If you disembark at FLL, MIA or Seattle and use Luggage Valet you will get your boarding pass the night before you disembark, so no check in is necessary. We have also asked the concierge to check us in and print our boarding passes. It is especially easy for them to do if you have already selected your seats.

I reported this after our alaska cruise in May. Hubby got one hour free internet, so we saved it for the day before departure so I could go to internet cafe and print our boarding passes. While there, a number of people came in asking about printing their boarding passes and they were told they would have to buy one hour of internet time. I thought this was bad PR on Celebrity's part - I gave up my computer to another couple so they could print their passes and told them to give to some one else when they were done.

When I got home, I sent an email to Celebrity telling them that I thought they would get more positive PR if they would open their internet cafe the last day and allow anyone to print boarding passes for free. I actually got a call back from Celebrity rep telling me that they thought it was a good idea and they were going to kick it upstairs for consideration.

If you agree - send emails with suggestions to Celebrity - if they get enough they may make some changes

There are cruisers who will give up 1-2 hours on their last full cruise day, to try and get online (to an airline) and print out a boarding pass. In most cases you are paying for the online time and may even have to pay some silly small fee to print a few pages. We have done this ourselves...but decided it just made no sense and there is no reason. There is no need to check-in (a day early) for nearly all airlines. Simply go to the airport, use a free kiosk, and you can quickly print our your boarding pass (and will also see if there are any inexpensive upgrades). The one major exception is for those of us who use Southwest. But when we are flying SW home...we will pay the extra $15 (when we book) which gets us a low boarding number. In that case there is no reason to check in 24 hours early....and we simply print out our boarding passes at their kiosks once we get to FLL. The reality is that with Southwest, if not paying extra for their pre assignment...you really need to get your boarding pass 24 hours in advance....not 23:50! And when trying to do this on a ship, the internet service can be so slow as you will miss the chance to snag a low boarding number. So, for us, the $15 extra fee (which guarantees a low boarding number) makes sense. And we do not have to leave our comfy deck chair and pray that the printer and INTERNET are even working.

Hank

+1. With some exceptions, I have never been able to figure out why people go crazy to print out their airline boarding passes in advance. You have to go to the kiosk at the airport anyway to print out your luggage tags so you can print your boarding passes at the same time.

On the same general topic, we see posts as to "how can I print my ship luggage tags" many times on CC. The same thing applies. You can easily fill them out when you get to the pier.

DON

The Early Bird fee on Southwest does not guarantee a low number anymore. Unless you consider being 90 or so being a low number. Things have changed.

I no longer print out the boarding pass the day before as we have to check luggage anyways. If not checking luggage, you can go to one of those self-service kiosks and print out your boarding pass.

The Early Bird fee on Southwest does not guarantee a low number anymore. Unless you consider being 90 or so being a low number. Things have changed.

I no longer print out the boarding pass the day before as we have to check luggage anyways. If not checking luggage, you can go to one of those self-service kiosks and print out your boarding pass.

What happened to change it on SW? We pay the EB fee and always get an A..once we got a B, b/c we made a last minute flight change...we fear it may happen again on another last minute change for Oct...but had to to it

Thought it goes by when u book & we try to book early if we can....

If the day before you disembark is a sea day, that plan won't work. But if you find yourself in a port where you can use a smart phone, checking in on line by phone is definitely an option.

We also do that and print the boarding pass at the airport kiosk.

+1. With some exceptions, I have never been able to figure out why people go crazy to print out their airline boarding passes in advance. You have to go to the kiosk at the airport anyway to print out your luggage tags so you can print your boarding passes at the same time.

Printing out the boarding passes is not necessary, but checking in online even without printing the boarding passes is always a good idea.

If a flight is overbooked, the last ones to want to check in are the ones denied boarding. So checking in the day before the flight can prevent that from happening to you.

Hi just wondering if you can do your online airline check in.. 24 hours before you disembark.at guest services or internet cafe?? We are sailing on the Refection... thank you for any info....:)

If you're flying Southwest it shouldn't be a problem....we fly them all the time and as long as you check in before an hour to departure you'll be fine. I usually wait until I'm off the ship and then check in on my phone and if I can't do that I wait till I get to the luggage kiosk....never had a problem...but then I don't really care where I sit.

If you disembark at FLL, MIA or Seattle and use Luggage Valet you will get your boarding pass the night before you disembark, so no check in is necessary. We have also asked the concierge to check us in and print our boarding passes. It is especially easy for them to do if you have already selected your seats.

What is the current fee for the Luggage Valet in MIA we plan on using it next year.

What is the current fee for the Luggage Valet in MIA we plan on using it next year.

$25.00 per person, unless you are in a suite or Zenith. Baggage fees do apply. :)