Deployment 2019-20 booking season begins

I am intrigued by the enhancements to the Independence OTS. I think my teens would love all of the "fun" stuff being added. Is there speculation that it will still do the sailings to Spain, etc? We had wanted to do a British Isles cruise from Southampton. We are currently booked on Brilliance from Amsterdam but with 3 sea days and 1 rock wall and 1 pool (that kids can use) it isn't as appealing. We prefer lots of activities no matter how port intensive a cruise will be.

I am intrigued by the enhancements to the Independence OTS. I think my teens would love all of the "fun" stuff being added. Is there speculation that it will still do the sailings to Spain, etc? We had wanted to do a British Isles cruise from Southampton. We are currently booked on Brilliance from Amsterdam but with 3 sea days and 1 rock wall and 1 pool (that kids can use) it isn't as appealing. We prefer lots of activities no matter how port intensive a cruise will be.

Hi all. Help ... I booked B2B cruises with NON-REFUNDABLE deposits. RCL has cancelled the first cruise (Jewel TA - San Juan to Rome). I know I can get the deposit back on the first cruise, but what I am concerned about is the second cruise - Jewel 5/11/19 Rome/Greece/Rome. Is there anything I can do to get the nonrefundable deposit back for it w/o having to pay a change fee? After all, RCL cancelled the TA cruise, not me!! And I only booked a B2B so we could enjoy numerous days at seas and I am NOT interested in flying roundtrip to Rome just for a 9 day cruise. What do you think? I have not yet called the travel agent, hoping to hear from you first. Thx. Marilyn

Hi all. Help ... I booked B2B cruises with NON-REFUNDABLE deposits. RCL has cancelled the first cruise (Jewel TA - San Juan to Rome). I know I can get the deposit back on the first cruise, but what I am concerned about is the second cruise - Jewel 5/11/19 Rome/Greece/Rome. Is there anything I can do to get the nonrefundable deposit back for it w/o having to pay a change fee? After all, RCL cancelled the TA cruise, not me!! And I only booked a B2B so we could enjoy numerous days at seas and I am NOT interested in flying roundtrip to Rome just for a 9 day cruise. What do you think? I have not yet called the travel agent, hoping to hear from you first. Thx. Marilyn

I'd just have your TA call. Good Luck!

I'd just have your TA call. Good Luck!

I agree,let them sort it out because they should have more clout plus in my experience RC tell you to contact your TA if you need to change anything.

Good luck,flying all that way for a 9 nights cruise is unreasonable for RC to expect you to accept when it was part of a b2b.

At the very least, they should allow you to change the sailing date and/or ship without penalty.

My experience, and I do have some 😉, is that Royal rarely cares about the unaffected cruise. They didn't change anything.

Maybe you'll find a sympathetic ear, who knows.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

+1

When they canceled the first leg of our B2B they said tough sh*t you booked 2 cruises - not our problem....

+1

When they canceled the first leg of our B2B they said tough sh*t you booked 2 cruises - not our problem....

Thank you all for your input. I guess I got lucky today (and I was ready for a fight), but RCL did NOT charge us a "change fee" or penalty for moving the second leg of our B2B. So we rebooked both of our cruises without any problem. (Maybe it was because RCL had cancelled the transatlantic, who knows.) Thx again.

Marilyn

Thank you all for your input. I guess I got lucky today (and I was ready for a fight), but RCL did NOT charge us a "change fee" or penalty for moving the second leg of our B2B. So we rebooked both of our cruises without any problem. (Maybe it was because RCL had cancelled the transatlantic, who knows.) Thx again.

Marilyn

Good outcome. I guess they could have offered you a full refund, but at least they let you change without penalty. Thanks for reporting back.

Marilyn

Great news,pleased for you.

Marilyn

Marilyn, I'm glad it worked out for you! Thanks for reporting back. :)

Marilyn

I knew here was the best place to ask. Glad you are sorted

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

I haven't been on the boards lately. I'm looking for the flyer that usually goes around with the "dates" the new sailings for 2019 - 2020 will be available. Does anyone have a link to it?

Thanks in advance!

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2019_2020/2019_2020_Deployment_Opening_Schedule.pdf

For some reason the Explorer repo cruises are pulled from the website....

:o:confused:

You nearly gave me a heart attack. I jumped onto RCCL's website fearing that my Explorer repo Sydney to Singapore in March 2019 would be missing but it's not. So which Explorers ARE missing?

Summer 19 itineraries for Explorer and Indy from Southampton are online on cruisecal.com. Explorer goes transatlantic to Miami thereafter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When are the TA's for Indy and Explorer? :confused:

Tried to find it on cruisecal but did not see it...:(

TIA (y)

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik