Update from the Oasis

Can someone tell me if Oasis offers a surf only internet vs the combined Voom + stream? I know you are in slightly different situation, but curious about on a normal voyage. If yes, can you tell me the cost. The Surf only does not show up as a cruise planner item. Thanks much in advance, hope you have smooth sailings home.

I am on Oasis this voyage. At the beginning of the cruise, the cost of just Surf was $99 for the week.

I am on Oasis this voyage. At the beginning of the cruise, the cost of just Surf was $99 for the week.

Thanks much....guess I will just pay the extra $4 for the week and get the Surf + Stream on the cruise planner. Appreciate the reply. Have a safe trip home.

Thanks much....guess I will just pay the extra $4 for the week and get the Surf + Stream on the cruise planner. Appreciate the reply. Have a safe trip home.

(I was gonna say, I'm pretty sure I only paid $100 total for Surf + Stream for my (possible/storm permitting) upcoming 7 day on Oasis. But I'm afraid to open my cruise planner and see what it looks like now.)

I would second those who say that there are pharmacies along the boardwalk at Costa Maya. I would add that they weren't as well-stocked as the ones in Cozumel, as they did not have Advair whereas I had no trouble getting it in Cozumel. My advice is not to look yourself but to park yourself on the beach and send the beach guy in search of it ...

Good luck. I wonder what will become of all the Eastern Caribbean cruises that expect to call at St Maarten and St Thomas the next few months ...

Here is something for the folks worried about the dress code - what is acceptable on a 7 day sailing that is extended to 10 days and they add a third formal night?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can tell you what it was Day 9 on Liberty through the end of the cruise, which was Day 13 or 15 dependent on when you got off the ship--Casual, very casual. Many wore their shorts in the MDR (choosing to wear clean or cleaner), and I never saw so many 2 for 20 tshirts in my life. I counted one day and saw 40 "wake view is the best view" shirts alone. And, no one cared.

Regarding the dress code on the three days extended oasis. On day nine, which would've been the second day of an actual cruise, the Compass listed "formal night". I would say that the majority of folks were not in formal attire for that third formal night. Honestly, I was amazed to see the "formal dress" suggestion in the compass.

Most were casual to smart casual.

You know these days, anything goes… Especially in this situation

Just happy we were safe.

M

I always take as much extra as I can, but some meds can't be refilled more than 30 days, for various reasons.

There is usually a "vacation waiver." Not sure what it's actually called, but if you tell the doctor you will be out of town when it's time for your Rx renewal, they will usually work with you to get you an extra one-off Rx to cover you.

Not an option with some meds. One of the meds my daughter takes, I have to go and sign for the prescription in the doctors office every 30 days, they won't even give me the prescription early, never mind the insurance company allowing an early refill!

If that's the case, maybe consider planning vacations that are well before her Rx renewal date. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but if the reality is that you can not get meds to last more than a day or two past your planned return date, you have to consider if that's a risk you're willing to take. It's unfortunate that she's on a med that is so tightly controlled, but if that's reality for her, then you work around it.

There is usually a "vacation waiver." Not sure what it's actually called, but if you tell the doctor you will be out of town when it's time for your Rx renewal, they will usually work with you to get you an extra one-off Rx to cover you.

If that's the case, maybe consider planning vacations that are well before her Rx renewal date. I don't mean that to sound harsh, but if the reality is that you can not get meds to last more than a day or two past your planned return date, you have to consider if that's a risk you're willing to take. It's unfortunate that she's on a med that is so tightly controlled, but if that's reality for her, then you work around it.

It is what it is, we work with what we've got. My point though was that it's not always that easy for someone to 'just bring more'.

Yes. Caught a taxi to where the car was and arrived home just north of FLL in less than 3 hours- very little traffic.

On the way off the ship someone mentioned the next sailing could have as few as 2000 on board.

Should have been 2,701. [emoji6]

My ship has sailed.

bad9df033d838fb63ca1f2ad217968ef.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just want to thank the OP for bringing the "take LOTS of extra meds" to my attention. My husband has a heart issue and we always take a few days extra pills...but he takes 8 different pills a day and some of them are 2X per day. That's a lot of large vials to carry so we, in the past, have always used the day-by-day pill carriers to carry his meds with xerox copies of each of the meds with us in case there was an issue and we needed to refill/replace. We always assumed that an additional 2-3 days was adequate. This thread was really an eye-opener for us. Will definitely take an extra 10 days of pills in the future!

Yes, Cocoa Beach. Between the Doubletree and Hilton.

Are the hotels re-opening? We have a reservation for the 23rd, and I'm wondering if it is likely things will be back to normal by then. Not going to hold you responsible. Just hoping for a first hand report. Thanks for any help.

Are the hotels re-opening? We have a reservation for the 23rd, and I'm wondering if it is likely things will be back to normal by then. Not going to hold you responsible. Just hoping for a first hand report. Thanks for any help.

Where are you staying? I know Doubletree is down for several weeks. My son works there.

c96d73cdefc481b133f946efa3ae74a7.jpg

Hilton has AC issues

6734cb3be5388f886be9c58ec9cb0e2d.jpg

Water is trickling in, so other properties may be fine. Power will be back by this weekend. Lots of places trying to open

Where are you staying? I know Doubletree is down for several weeks. My son works there.

Hilton has AC issues

Water is trickling in, so other properties may be fine. Power will be back by this weekend. Lots of places trying to open

Thanks for the response. Man that looks bad for those two. We are reserved at the 4 points down by Ron Jon.

Did you have any damage?

Thanks for the response. Man that looks bad for those two. We are reserved at the 4 points down by Ron Jon.

Did you have any damage?

The surf shop and restaurant are up and running, hotel and Starbucks should open soon.

We lost power and had some damage to clubhouse and garages. Power is back so elevator is working. [emoji2]

2118860cfd429981b55339bb6fc899f4.jpg