5 for 4 Beer Package

Burgmeister

Just reading about the 5 for 4 beer package and it says this.....

"Crisp and refreshing Dos Equis is made from pure spring water and the choicest hops. Buy four Dos Equis (12 oz bottles) and get the fifth beer free. Delivered to the stateroom" (my underlining)

The other beer options say the same. Does this mean that you can't go to the bar for one of your beers and that you have to go back to your room for it?

Thanks

Just reading about the 5 for 4 beer package and it says this.....

"Crisp and refreshing Dos Equis is made from pure spring water and the choicest hops. Buy four Dos Equis (12 oz bottles) and get the fifth beer free. Delivered to the stateroom" (my underlining)

The other beer options say the same. Does this mean that you can't go to the bar for one of your beers and that you have to go back to your room for it?

Thanks

All 5 beers are delivered at once. If you choose to pre-order, they will be in your cabin. I have observed lots of cruisers order this option outdoors on sea days. But you still get them all at once. I believe you can also do it with other beer brands. I have never ordered that many at once myself. It's a good deal if you have a group.

Thanks steelers. I was going to pre-order a couple of these packages for me and the wife but I had assumed that they were "credits" that you used at the bar. Not so good if they all arrive at once!

If they are delivered to your cabin I can always clear the fridge out but it will be a pain having to return to the cabin any time I fancy a beer.

Pick your favorite bar, mine is Seaview on the Regal, order a bucket and ask to be served one bottle at a time. They'll keep track and when all 5 are gone they'll tell you you're out and time to buy another. If you don't finish your bucket they will hang your ticket with the remaining beers for the next visit. This of course is called the "Wall of Shame". Seems to be SOP. Never been told no and the count has always been right even with a different bartender the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pick your favorite bar, mine is Seaview on the Regal, order a bucket and ask to be served one bottle at a time. They'll keep track and when all 5 are gone they'll tell you you're out and time to buy another. If you don't finish your bucket they will hang your ticket with the remaining beers for the next visit. This of course is called the "Wall of Shame". Seems to be SOP. Never been told no and the count has always been right even with a different bartender the next day.

I've done this a couple of times on a couple of different ships. Works out great....:):):)

Bob

We are "beer bucket" cruisers and my question is: if we have the sip and sail package on our next cruise, can we choose a bucket of beer versus one at a time and going back and forth to the closest bar?

Back and forth it is for the waiter. Of course, you could choose to purchase a bucket of beers. ;p

Never knew this, thanks for such good info.:D

We are "beer bucket" cruisers and my question is: if we have the sip and sail package on our next cruise, can we choose a bucket of beer versus one at a time and going back and forth to the closest bar?

Nope, you can't get a bucket of beers with the AIBP. And you wouldn't need to as you can have as many as you like. If you want to have 5 with you at once, you'd need to collect them on multiple visits to the bar. With the AIBP, drinks are one at a time. You can get a fresh cold beer any time and as often as you like - so no need for a bucket of them. Drop a couple bucks to the bartender and you'll have them showing up faster than you can drink them..

Thanks for sharing. Hansi did you know about this? I always seen you with a bucket. :D :D

Tony

On the Regal in April a bucket (5 for 4) of 16 oz. Bud Light was $28.75 (including 15% tip).

If your sailing has the BOGO$1 happy hour AND they allow you to take beers away unopened - this varies from ship to ship and bar manager to bar manager (remember to check before ordering), you can get 6 beers for $23.29 (including 15% tip).

We always travel with a fold-up 12-can cooler and DH takes it along to the happy hour to get a fill-up ;).

https://www.igloocoolers.com/products/collapse-and-cool-tech-basic-12-can-cooler-bag?variant=39841585797

Edited by kb4683

We have bought the bucket of beer many times. We take the bucket with whatever number of beers that we haven't consumed yet, back to our cabin. The steward (without our asking) has kept it iced for us. We then can enjoy a beer on our balcony, or take them anywhere we go.

We have bought the bucket of beer many times. We take the bucket with whatever number of beers that we haven't consumed yet, back to our cabin. The steward (without our asking) has kept it iced for us. We then can enjoy a beer on our balcony, or take them anywhere we go.

I was under the impression they opened all the beer when purchased?