BIG NEWS! We Are Proud to Announce....

BBMacLaird

Bonnie,not your fault, but big mistake from Azamara. I Was an Azamara groopie, i recommend your company to so many people, as they never heard of it. I have a bad taste in my mouth and loose confidence. Business is business, Azamara can do whatever they want and i can do whaterver i want. That,s my perogative as customer. ( i hope my english is understable)

Dang. Count me as another person that is disappointed.

Yesterday I followed the link in the LCV email to check out the Pursuit itineraries. I saw a great itinerary at what I thought was a good price so I talked to my wife about it.

She said we should book, but today when I checked again the price was much higher than what was listed yesterday.

The new price is more than we are willing to pay, and it just doesn't sit right having to pay so much more than was initially quoted.

Somebody is paying these higher Azamara prices. Larry told Cruise Critic that in the first half of 2017 they had a grand total of 1 unsold cabin:

"We had one unsold stateroom in the first six months of 2017."

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8155

Somebody is paying these higher Azamara prices. Larry told Cruise Critic that in the first half of 2017 they had a grand total of 1 unsold cabin:

That is interesting as their were two emptynCC cabins this summer. They bingo one away.not sure of what happen with the other one. Guessing someone got sick and so bingo.i would not take that location as to far aft.

I’m on Journey at the moment and have just booked the Antarctic voyage in an OV for a very good price and nearly half what an inside cabin is. Check out OV prices for your cruise. If you don’t mind just a window then promo code 5 attached to them is very attractive at the moment.

Just to say I checked this on the UK website before I booked with Michelle, the LCV Manager.

Phil

Phil are you paying for 2 or do they have a reduced single supplement?

Camielle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m on Journey at the moment and have just booked the Antarctic voyage in an OV for a very good price and nearly half what an inside cabin is. Check out OV prices for your cruise. If you don’t mind just a window then promo code 5 attached to them is very attractive at the moment.

Just to say I checked this on the UK website before I booked with Michelle, the LCV Manager.

Phil

You were indeed very lucky Phil. The OV is now showing at £5662, Balcony at £5297 and Inside at £5272! Must be the Promo Code 5 that made a huge difference (we haven’t heard of that?)

Rose

Edited by mara01
spelling

Bonnie ,

2 Things.

1: Larry may have said they only had 1 cabin unsold but on our Indian Ocean cruise there were 70 Cabins dumped at final payment and you could have picked 1 up for a 24 day cruise for 3029 euros so whilst that statement may be correct it may be misleading if he thinks all cabins were sold at "normal" pricing.

2: If Aazamara is honouring the initial crazy pricing for those lucky enough to get it I do hope that whoever is responsible for this glitch has a bonus withheld as he appears to have lost Azamara quite a large amount of money and as a shareholder that stinks.

Sorry to be harsh but this has been a fiasco of hype and poor delivery.

As a Discovery Plus member I register approx 4 times a year to get emails but am STILL not receiving them to my primary account.

Registered with Azamara since 2008 .

A probable Oceania returner

We too only received our email from Azamara 15:52 UK time yesterday. After much time and frustration, we gave up attempting to locate details of both itineraries and pricing for discounted LCV members on their Web page at the time and date we were advised that we would be given the opportunity of booking at a special discounted rate. To further assist us, we were even provided with a “time to take off clock” to help us.

It is obvious that the period for us to take advantage of this special offer was for far too short a period, poorly accessible via their web page, and added yet another episode in the failure to support their loyal customers.

It was further noted that contained within our latest email it informed us that if we wished to book direct with Azamara the following charges would apply; “Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge”. Now that really does invite us to contact our cruise line of choice doesn’t it? :)

Edited by davidandjulia
Typo

Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue as us.

We booked the Nov. 18 TA, deposited (and accepted by AZ). Received invoice and booking ID.

We then booked the lead up cruise (9 day Med) to make it a B2B. Deposited (and accepted by AZ). Received invoice and booking ID. Travel Agent was first told about the "webiste glitch" but they were going to honor the price for the 9 day Med sailing, even though it had risen. TA then got a call saying they are now refusing to honor the price for the 9 day. . I have an AZ invoice, booking ID and hammered deposit (that they are "willing to refund"). Don't want a refund of the deposit. Want AZ to honor what they gave me in writing.

Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue as us.

We booked the Nov. 18 TA, deposited (and accepted by AZ). Received invoice and booking ID.

We then booked the lead up cruise (9 day Med) to make it a B2B. Deposited (and accepted by AZ). Received invoice and booking ID. Travel Agent was first told about the "webiste glitch" but they were going to honor the price for the 9 day Med sailing, even though it had risen. TA then got a call saying they are now refusing to honor the price for the 9 day. . I have an AZ invoice, booking ID and hammered deposit (that they are "willing to refund"). Don't want a refund of the deposit. Want AZ to honor what they gave me in writing.

I would think hat legally you have a deal, but you may need to check their booking conditions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But at what price? I've shown examples previously of cruises going for a quarter of their original price. Empty cabins aren't really an indication.

2: If Aazamara is honouring the initial crazy pricing for those lucky enough to get it I do hope that whoever is responsible for this glitch has a bonus withheld as he appears to have lost Azamara quite a large amount of money and as a shareholder that stinks.

/quote]

The Pricing wasn't that crazy. It was reasonable. Azamara are launching an old ship with no new bells and whistles in August 2018. A lot of cruisers already have their 2019 trips booked, never mind 2018. They need to fill that ship. Have fun with that with these prices. Sure the exotic itineraries will do well, but what about the Med? so much competition. I wouldn't have even considered them at the price they want now for a balcony on an 8 day med cruise in late October but at the initial price offered, they may have had an Azamara convert

Edited by Cruise Junky

The Pricing wasn't that crazy. It was reasonable. Azamara are launching an old ship with no new bells and whistles in August 2018. A lot of cruisers already have their 2019 trips booked, never mind 2018. They need to fill that ship. Have fun with that with these prices. Sure the exotic itineraries will do well, but what about the Med? so much competition. I wouldn't have even considered them at the price they want now for a balcony on an 8 day med cruise in late October.

Precisely!

The original pricing was good, not amazing. It’s the ‘corrected’ pricing that’s crazy!

We contemplated moving down to an OV but decided to wait and see if the prices drop to a more reasonable level. And if we see something else we like in the meantime, we’ll go with that instead.

/quote]

The Pricing wasn't that crazy. It was reasonable. Azamara are launching an old ship with no new bells and whistles in August 2018. A lot of cruisers already have their 2019 trips booked, never mind 2018. They need to fill that ship. Have fun with that with these prices. Sure the exotic itineraries will do well, but what about the Med? so much competition. I wouldn't have even considered them at the price they want now for a balcony on an 8 day med cruise in late October but at the initial price offered, they may have had an Azamara convert

Agreed.

No way many would book at these idiotic prices. They would have ended up discounting them to move the inventory.

The person responsible should probably GET a bonus because they would have sold out quickly at realistic prices and AZ would have a ton of $1100 deposits in their coffers for a year more or less.

Good business sense trumps gouging the customer for stockholders every day of the year.

We too only received our email from Azamara 15:52 UK time yesterday. After much time and frustration, we gave up attempting to locate details of both itineraries and pricing for discounted LCV members on their Web page at the time and date we were advised that we would be given the opportunity of booking at a special discounted rate. To further assist us, we were even provided with a “time to take off clock” to help us.

It is obvious that the period for us to take advantage of this special offer was for far too short a period, poorly accessible via their web page, and added yet another episode in the failure to support their loyal customers.

It was further noted that contained within our latest email it informed us that if we wished to book direct with Azamara the following charges would apply; “Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge”. Now that really does invite us to contact our cruise line of choice doesn’t it? :)

Hi davidandjulia,

I am sorry for the level of dissatisfaction. To be honest I'm not well-informed on what was publicized in the U.K., when and to whom.

Our U.K. Managing Director Richard Twynam is available if you'd like to email him. His address is rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com.

As our e-mails from Azamara are always erratic we check on this forum for chatter about offers and promos.The only e-mail we received recently was Oct 24th, headed Le Sneak Peek. There was no mention of promo pricing on it, nor a countdown clock nor anything else, it was simply a list of itineraries with "prices from" and the pricing was high.

Is this the same "offers" e-mail sent to others in the UK or was there an additional one we didn't receive?

Thanks.

I had the above email, but when I looked into the pricing it was in USD and also had the phone numbers in USA. If I click on a Voyage it takes me to the UK site.

It wasn’t until 15.50 yesterday (25 th October) that the UK email came into my in box. That has £ pricing and no toll free number!

Call us at 0844 493 4016* (UK), visit us online or contact your Travel Agent.

*Calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.

You were indeed very lucky Phil. The OV is now showing at £5662, Balcony at £5297 and Inside at £5272! Must be the Promo Code 5 that made a huge difference (we haven’t heard of that?)

Rose

Hi Rose. It’s still showing the same price here. Notice the big difference in the OV price.

8caf1006bfd187ba368b91d6ea166f77.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

here's the US prices on that sailing. The UK is getting a steal.

Club Interior: $6,499 USD

Club Oceanview: $6,999 USD

Club Veranda: $6,499 USD

PP

I was just about to post this information.

I would jump on this cruise for the Oceanview price listed on the UK site.