drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

Deluxe Package

Toast to virtually unlimited options with cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water* – plus a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100.

Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package.

This is the result of the dishonest cheaters that try to share their package to save a buck. :mad::mad:

This is the result of the dishonest cheaters that try to share their package to save a buck. :mad::mad:

I am sure that is one of the main reasons. I have no real issue with this, even though it might force my hand one way or the other. I know it is a choice I can make, and was able to book it for one before, but waited, so my issue if it is now forced on me.

My husband would like to get the Unlimited drink package, but I am not supposed to drink alcohol due to some prescription meds I take. Wonder if RC will make an exception?

Call them and ask if they need some sort of documentation to make the exception.

My husband would like to get the Unlimited drink package, but I am not supposed to drink alcohol due to some prescription meds I take. Wonder if RC will make an exception?

I would think you would have to call, but not sure how they could force somebody to purchase that is not allowed. Most medications will say not to take with alcohol.

Is this true of the soda package?

Looking at my March Harmony cruise and it only applies to the Deluxe package. With the Soda and Refreshment packages, everyone does not have to buy it.

Unless there is a good Cyber Monday sale on the deluxe package, we won't buy it. We won't drink $110 a day for 2 of us.

We are booked on the Harmony Jan 6, 2018. I purchased the drink package at $55. I just checked my booking and it still has just the one package for the 2 of us in our stateroom. Will they automatically add on the same package for my spouse? Will they do nothing and then when I walk on board and use my seapass card to get a drink, my husband automaticlly gets billed for the entire trip? How are they letting people know about his who already purchased the package before the new policy change? Am I 'safe' because I purchased it before the change?

The "all in the room must buy if one person buys" is on my 2018 cruises from three cruises on Vision, Spring Transatlantic on Brilliance, Fall TA on Symphony. It's on all five of those. All are showing at $55 a day except Symphony TA, which is showing at $58 per day.

Looks like the trial on Harmony is over and went well (for RCI).

Didn't that just start with the last sailing and was supposed to go through the end of the month? Maybe the IT guys jumped the gun on what was going to happen regardless of the outcome of this supposed test.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

when you factor in it includes things like non alcoholic drinks, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water plus specialty coffees, I would assume exceptions would be rare.

when you factor in it includes things like non alcoholic drinks, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water plus specialty coffees, I would assume exceptions would be rare.

Those all come from the replenish package, which is considerably less.

I sail solo so it will not make any difference to me. However, it appears that perhaps the sharing, and blatant bragging about sharing, has finally made it necessary to make the change. Now with the all-encompassing one-type deluxe package I wonder if management will no longer allow people to say "I don't/can't drink" by pointing out the package now includes numerous beverages, not just alcoholic.

There's only one sure way of having them change their policy, don't buy the package. They obviously feel that the increase in packages sold per cabin will be greater than those who will stop buying it. Personally, I can't imagine the amount of sharing is so great so as to require this change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We leave on Sunday on the Oasis and I just looked at my Cruise Planner and sure enough the "fine print" says everybody of legal drinking age in the same cabin must purchase it.

I don't know when that changed, but it hasn't been that way in the past as I bought all four of ours at different times.

Can we say, "rum runners?"

Maybe they will expand the in cabin selection like most other lines have.

Same fine print for our February Oasis sailing. Looks like I just saved $400. No package for me. My wife would never, never drink enough to make it worthwhile. Guess I shouldn't have let her taste my Dark and Stormy on the Empress.

My question is, I’ve already purchased one deluxe beverage package for my husband on my December 3rd sailing on oasis. At the time, it didn’t make me select both of us. Are they going to force me at check in at the port to buy another drink package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once on the ship, how much could I buy a bottle of wine for... from the bar to take back to my room? I'm thinking cheapest sauvignon blanc or similar. It's mainly in our cabin that we like to have a drink anyway - out on the balcony watching the sunset, getting ready for dinner etc.

It’s there on the front page for my cruise NEXT WEEK; but when you click through it’s not there......too short notice to enforce it I hope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I click through it forces me to choose both people - but we don't cruise until next year.

My question is, I’ve already purchased one deluxe beverage package for my husband on my December 3rd sailing on oasis. At the time, it didn’t make me select both of us. Are they going to force me at check in at the port to buy another drink package?

I doubt that they would enforce this retroactively.

When I click through it forces me to choose both people - but we don't cruise until next year.

When I click though it still allows me to select just one person.....I wonder whether there is an official start date for this new “trial”.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk