drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

Exceptions for:

Pregnancy

Recovering Alcoholic

Medical Reason

Religious Reason

Except that you can't get that exception online - you would have to call.

Biker, who would be more up front with exception - I don't want to contribute to RCCL profits.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's showing on my 10/23 Vision cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But when you click through does it has a notice that everyone has to buy it?

Another site says when you add it to cart there is a banner explaining everyone has to have the package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My question is, I’ve already purchased one deluxe beverage package for my husband on my December 3rd sailing on oasis. At the time, it didn’t make me select both of us. Are they going to force me at check in at the port to buy another drink package?

I doubt it. That rule wasn't in effect when you purchased yours.

I doubt that they would enforce this retroactively.

I hope so. I bought the package for Jan when I am going with my friend on Enchantment, but she drinks very little and is taking wine. If they say she has to buy and I have to cancel my pkg and pay as I go, it will cost me more. I purposely purchased it early b/c I was afraid they would do this.

Don't really care when hubby and I go as we both get the pkg, but still think they will lose money with this. I don't believe that many people share to warrant this.

I’m on Anthem 10/28 and it doesn’t say anything about all parties in the cabin have to buy the package on the add to cart page but it you click on the terms and other information link it says it in the terms. Hopefully this isn’t going to be enforced on people who have already purchased just one package.

What I don't understand is this. I do not drink period. We travel with our adult daughter that requires 24hr care. My husband does drink a few beers during the day a cocktails in the evening. How can they force ME to buy a package that includes booze when I don't drink? And to add to it my daughter is and "adult" buy age but not ability or mental capacity. Certainly they are not going to require that I prove that to them. I believe that may be against ADA regulations.

What I don't understand is this. I do not drink period. We travel with our adult daughter that requires 24hr care. My husband does drink a few beers during the day a cocktails in the evening. How can they force ME to buy a package that includes booze when I don't drink? And to add to it my daughter is and "adult" buy age but not ability or mental capacity. Certainly they are not going to require that I prove that to them. I believe that may be against ADA regulations.

While I doubt that the ADA covers all inclusive alcohol packages on cruise ships, I'm pretty sure the cruise line will be able to make the appropriate exceptions.

Also, no one is being forced to buy anything. Everyone has the option to opt out of purchasing the drink package.

I'm glad to see that it's finally going fleet wide

Sent from my LG-K425 using Forums mobile app

I am not glad at all. My DW does drink and she has got the drink package each cruise since it became available. I am a non- drinker. I don't have a medical condition. I just don't drink. Never once wanted to share any of her drinks. We will now have to decide what is best for us. Both getting the drink package and completely wasting money or not getting the package and she would be charged for each drink

There are exceptions and one of them is "not drinking due to personal preference". You would have to call and purchase the package. It says it only affects sailings after January 1st. I would assume if you have a previously purchased package, you would be "grandfathered" in.

For our 10/29 cruise, it shows each person must buy the deluxe and voom combo but NOT the deluxe. I would imagine all the default pages have not been coded correctly by their IT dept. We all know how brilliant their IT is :rolleyes:

Ours is the same way for Freedom, 10/22

Cruise lines fly under other nations flag so that they don't have to follow American labor laws and pay a fair wage .. so not sure if the laws apply to ships ?

But there is the curious case of Texas liquor law applying for liquor service while in Texas waters

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I just checked and it is in effect for my Jan 2018 cruise on Liberty.

I was going to buy the package for myself since I like the specialty coffees and like to have a few drinks. I was waiting for a sale price from the $55 a day.

My wife is a 1 drink a night person and doesn't do coffee so it makes no sense for her to have it.

Oh well, guess I can stop checking for the prices.

I just checked and it is in effect for my Jan 2018 cruise on Liberty.

I was going to buy the package for myself since I like the specialty coffees and like to have a few drinks. I was waiting for a sale price from the $55 a day.

My wife is a 1 drink a night person and doesn't do coffee so it makes no sense for her to have it.

Oh well, guess I can stop checking for the prices.

i did buy it when it was $55 + tips b/c I was afraid they were going to do this and my friend drinks a couple glasses of wine a day and plans to bring a bottle with her and me take one on also. Then if the price went down I would have cancelled and rebooked or if it did not go down, I would have canceled and bought on the ship with my 30% D+ discount.

But now, I will just leave it alone since I have it and she doesn't. I am going to call 2 or 3 times and verify that if one person bought the pkg before this went in effect, the other person will not be forced to purchase it. If they don't grandfather in, then I will have to cancel and go to plan B. But hoping it doesn't happen.

Didn't that just start with the last sailing and was supposed to go through the end of the month? Maybe the IT guys jumped the gun on what was going to happen regardless of the outcome of this supposed test.

TA’s are reporting the change Fleet wide.