drinking package - each adult have to purchase it - allure january 7 2018

Always compare the total price. :)

I typically do...and usually RCI wins out since it was just be buying the beverage package and not my husband...however if both of us are required to do it, might make sense to do a cruiseline that includes it for both of the people in the fare.

Time will tell, of course. We cruise primarily for itinerary now, but there is something about seeing that large seapass bill at the end of the cruise that makes me cringe. Who knows, maybe this is for the best, it will keep me from drinking lol

The more drinks you get on your package - i.e., the more you work to "get your money's worth", the less per drink your servers receive.

Pretend that you only drink alcoholic beverages on your package. Pretend that you only drink mango daquiris. Pretend that they cost $13 each, the upper limit of the package. 18% of $13 is $2.34.

Pretend that you drink 7 of these each day, to be sure that you are "getting your money's worth".

You paid $9.90 for that day's drinks with your package purchase.

But 7 x $2.34 is $16.38.

You have gotten a bargain. Or, to look at it another way, your servers have been cheated out of $6.48

I think I'll pretend to buy a Deluxe Pkg.

Actually, I see 'special promos' coming and/or products combined. A feel a BOGO50 coming. Perhaps a Deluxe Pkg w/ Wifi mixed or even Drink & Dine special. If they keep this type of pricing up, they'll lose money vs making money.

I don't know what the big deal is. If they are making exceptions to religion, medical , alcholic. Then I am sure there is going to be alot of lying about it. So I guess its still the same as a week ago but to get excluded you have to call to add only 1 on.

My husband and I always get the package so doesn't effect us.

Edited by coops

What really annoys me is that the people who have been sharing a single package are responsible for this !

I don't care as both me and the wife get value for money from the package

If you always get the packages for both then it really shouldn't annoy you. Besides, it isn't the sharing.

OK everybody, ask yourselves of ALL the times you have witnessed someone with a drink in their hands, how many times did you witness someone sharing. If you're honest about it, I bet it's less than 1000 to 1. They we're less than 1 week into a test on one ship before they went company wide... that's some test. They're hungry for income. I think the hurricanes have cost them dearly. They need cash flow and need it now. Drink up everybody!

If you always get the packages for both then it really shouldn't annoy you. Besides, it isn't the sharing.

OK everybody, ask yourselves of ALL the times you have witnessed someone with a drink in their hands, how many times did you witness someone sharing. If you're honest about it, I bet it's less than 1000 to 1. They we're less than 1 week into a test on one ship before they went company wide... that's some test. They're hungry for income. I think the hurricanes have cost them dearly. They need cash flow and need it now. Drink up everybody!

You keep posting that because they are a for-profit that this can't possibly have anything to do with preventing stealing, but those two things go together. There are plenty of people boasting about stealing, but the fact that people here have not seen it, means nothing, they are trying to hide it, and we have no idea who paid for a drink, or who has a package.

This does affect me, because my wife wants the package, but I probably was not going to buy, and it still doesn't bother me. We have the choice to buy it not, if it makes sense, we will, if not then no.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I don't know what the big deal is. If they are making exceptions to religion, medical , alcholic. Then I am sure there is going to be alot of lying about it. So I guess its still the same as a week ago but to get excluded you have to call to add only 1 on.

No need to lie about anything, if it is your "Personal Preference" not to drink then they will not enforce this rule

I am not glad at all. My DW does drink and she has got the drink package each cruise since it became available. I am a non- drinker. I don't have a medical condition. I just don't drink. Never once wanted to share any of her drinks. We will now have to decide what is best for us. Both getting the drink package and completely wasting money or not getting the package and she would be charged for each drink

It's pretty simple math. Before your DW needed to have 6 - 7 drinks a day to break even, now she needs to drink 12 -14 drinks a day to break even. If she won't have that many drinks per day, don't any package.

Does anyone have the OFFICIAL list of dates/ships when this starts?? Just because the front screen says everyone has to buy, this seems to be on all cruises irrespective of sail dates.

And what is the OFFICIAL line about being grandfathered in ( if they are going to do this)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the OFFICIAL list of dates/ships when this starts?? Just because the front screen says everyone has to buy, this seems to be on all cruises irrespective of sail dates.

And what is the OFFICIAL line about being grandfathered in ( if they are going to do this)?

Haven't seen anything OFFICAL yet.

Now I'm confused. After reading this thread, I went and checked for my sailing. Sure enough, the notice was there, but it still allowed me to select just DD. I would think if all have to purchase, you couldn't checkout without the required number of packages? No suggestion on the website that it doesn't go into effect until Jan 1 (we sail Dec 21). I have visions of them holding us up at check in until I pay for a package... so hopefully that exception for non drinkers is valid. As a child of an alcoholic, I don't drink.

Also, just want to make sure, I purchased: Deluxe Beverage Package and VOOM One Device. This includes wifi for DD and a soda cup, right? I figure, we always purchase those, so when I back out the a la carte price of those, the drink package isn't quite as painful...? DD only wants the package as a novelty. She will have just turned 21, and can't wait to try all the different drinks.

Also, just want to make sure, I purchased: Deluxe Beverage Package and VOOM One Device. This includes wifi for DD and a soda cup, right? I figure, we always purchase those, so when I back out the a la carte price of those, the drink package isn't quite as painful...? DD only wants the package as a novelty. She will have just turned 21, and can't wait to try all the different drinks.

If it allowed you to do it, I would go with it. They can't go back and force people to buy it retroactively when their cabin mate already

bought one.

Yes, the soda cup is included.

Now I'm confused. After reading this thread, I went and checked for my sailing. Sure enough, the notice was there, but it still allowed me to select just DD. I would think if all have to purchase, you couldn't checkout without the required number of packages? No suggestion on the website that it doesn't go into effect until Jan 1 (we sail Dec 21). I have visions of them holding us up at check in until I pay for a package... so hopefully that exception for non drinkers is valid. As a child of an alcoholic, I don't drink.

My guess if you purchase 1 package, the charge for the other will automatically be added to you room charges once on the ship.

Because it's all or none. Obviously it's not a big deal for people who don't drink at all and can call for an exception.

I was planning on paying for my drinks on our next cruise while my husband was going to get the package. I didn't think I'd get my moneys worth since we only have 2 sea days. Now neither one of us will get it.

My guess if you purchase 1 package, the charge for the other will automatically be added to you room charges once on the ship.

I'd be very surprised if they did that without some sort of notification first.

Now that they're requiring this on my upcoming cruises, it's about time they come out with some discounts/sales!! A girl can hope. (Someone who was a girl a loooong time ago can to. ;) )

Exactly, looking to see some bogo, or at least 30% off. If not, we will just go without, and will not drink near as much, I might just carry on a bottle of wine or 2.