pants vs shorts

philly22

I understood it fine. The OP like me goes on different lines and was trying to point out (perhaps cloudy wording) why does RCI insist on pants at night?

It does appear NCL is more casual and so the OP should go back to NCL as I myself am doing more often. They do perks upfront in bookings too.

I do think tho on NCL they should ask men to wear pants at night. I don't think knees and sneaks are a good look in evening. Otherwise let me wear my robe and slippers. Ha Ha just kidding

Even freestyle needs to have some taste. :cool:

no pants required for dinner on NCL except in two dining rooms. They have many.

Bill

needs bad word . Everyone made a big deal about dress code who cares if shorts or long pants food and service was same. Ncl had a place where you could get a drink and food was available after hours. Rci had sport bar which was not a sport bar, and food was not available at bar had to go out and get food . Small things like that which separate Rci and ncl

needs bad word . Everyone made a big deal about dress code who cares if shorts or long pants food and service was same. Ncl had a place where you could get a drink and food was available after hours. Rci had sport bar which was not a sport bar, and food was not available at bar had to go out and get food . Small things like that which separate Rci and ncl

At least you now know firsthand you prefer NCL over RC. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

But doesn't NCL charge for Pizza?

We have only sailed Royal Caribbean until recently when I sailed on NCL Dawn. You are right about food choices after hours, NCL beats Royal Caribbean hands down on buffet hours and O'Sheehan's. O'Sheehan's wasn't great though, service was terrible and food was just okay the time we actually stayed. The first time we went, we walked out after never being approached by a waiter. We even got up and spoke to one waiter who told us they would go find the person for our area, they then disappeared too.:rolleyes:

Dress codes are a big thing on cruise critic and less of an issue on the ships.

It all comes down to choice though, if you are happier with NCL, then cruise with them. I am happier with Royal Caribbean but will try another NCL cruise in the future, but will make sure it is on a bigger, newer ship to see if I like it better.

I find my meal tastes better when others around me are wearing pants. :D

On the Adventure last month I ate a hot dog standing next to a man in a tux and a woman in a cocktail dress.

It was the best tasting hot dog ever.

I may or may not have made this up.

You know, in all these threads about whether to dress up, I've really tried to figure out how to express that, for my wife and I, we like to dress up, we don't get upset when others don't, but really, we do prefer that others do.

I think I've finally figured out why I care. Dressing up is participating. Not dressing up is just being there. Thus, based on the general principle that you get out of life (and cruises) what you give, I still hold that those who don't dress up are missing out.

Also, I'll guarantee that 9 out of 10 times, all other things being equal, you WILL get better service when you dress up.

And another thing, as previously noted by a brilliant poster, hot dogs do in fact, taste better when eaten in proximity to cuff links and little black dresses. I think there's a university study that proves that.

You know, in all these threads about whether to dress up, I've really tried to figure out how to express that, for my wife and I, we like to dress up, we don't get upset when others don't, but really, we do prefer that others do.

I think I've finally figured out why I care. Dressing up is participating. Not dressing up is just being there. Thus, based on the general principle that you get out of life (and cruises) what you give, I still hold that those who don't dress up are missing out.

Also, I'll guarantee that 9 out of 10 times, all other things being equal, you WILL get better service when you dress up.

And another thing, as previously noted by a brilliant poster, hot dogs do in fact, taste better when eaten in proximity to cuff links and little black dresses. I think there's a university study that proves that.

I think its called power dressing when you wear a suit,man or woman.

I remember eating at Giovannis last week with my shorts on.

the hostess sat us at our table and about 5 minutes later the waiter came over and I thought heard whispering to the waiter about us having shorts on and not to give us as good of service as people that were dressed up.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

I remember eating at Giovannis last week with my shorts on.

the hostess sat us the hostess sat us at our table and about 5 minutes later the waiter came over and I thought heard whispering to the waiter about us having shorts on and not to give us as good of service as people that were dressed up.

Bill

Is there room for anyone in that little world of yours? Its sounds a wonderful place:cool:

Participate in what?

Missing out on what?

Guarantee sounds dubious...

Must be why you get worse service if not dressed up as the waiter had no way to see if we had shorts on or long pants.

Bill

Just to be clear, I didn't say that you get bad service if you're not dressed up, I said you get better service if you do. Mock if you will, but I have observed this consistently throughout my life, and I'm not a particularly young person.

If fact, it's not just on cruises, it is in virtually every facet of life. If you dress well, you will be treated better on average than if you do not. Look, I'm not some stuffy old fashioned fussbudget popping my monocle every time I see someone dressed casually. I'm wearing flip flops and a surf t shirt right now. But it is a fact of life that people judge you by your appearance. I'm in sales and while my value to my customers is mostly in my expertise and the level of service I provide, I would be foolish to appear at one of my customers' offices looking anything short of professional. That is because I understand that fact.

But, on a cruise there are other reasons my wife and I choose to dress up for dinner. We appreciate the elegant surroundings the cruise line has provided and we want to be dressed appropriately. We are participating in the evening, not just slouching through it.

What I find myself wondering on threads like this is, is it possible to be a person who chooses not to dress up without feeling the need to mock those who do? (And yes, the same goes for those who do choose to dress up.)