Uber

m8zenblue

I have only cruised once before and I used the hotel shuttle to and from hotel to cruise port, what a cluster and hassle.

I am considering on using Uber or Lyft from my hotel in Hollywood, FL for transpiration to cruise port and upon return back to same hotel.

My thinking is that I don't have to deal with others trying to to get to and from cruise port and since I must pay for transportation I might as well have a dedicated ride just for me.

Any comments or experiences with Uber/Lyft please leave your comments, thanx.

Always use it instead of the shuttle. Quicker and cheaper if the hotel charges for the shuttle. I've waited 15+ minutes in the past for everyone to get loaded on the shuttle. Uber gets you there door to door before the shuttle even leaves. We're usually in a hotel that's within 10 minutes away and last December we ordered an Uber XL (lots of luggage!) and it was only $13.13 according to my app history.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We have used Uber and Lyft. They work quite well and the price is usually quite reasonable. Download the app shortly before you are going to use it - and look for discount codes. Or ask a friend for a referral code which will give you a discount on one or more rides within a short time period. Their promotions vary so it is hard to give you specifcs but the discount seems to be on the order of $5 per ride.

We use Uber and Lyft...I open both apps, enter destnation and see what each service quotes.

Dynamic pricing (I don't know if that's what they call it...I know some call it surge pricing) can really skew prices.

We have used Uber worldwide and it really has changed the way we get around while traveling...

Another Uber vote. We used Uber from South Beach to POM. Great! You do not have to wait around for a bus load of people or take a shuttle that stops at every hotel. Planning to use Uber from FLL to POM in a few months.

GoA2B is a very helpful app that quickly list all the various Uber, Lyft, Taxi options/$$$ and time to get to you. You don't have to look at each individually. Found Lyft Line a great deal from MIA to hotel to port and then return last month.

Lyft Line gives them the option to take another rider. However, in reality, your luggage and the size of vehicle keeps their options limited.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

I have only cruised once before and I used the hotel shuttle to and from hotel to cruise port, what a cluster and hassle.

I am considering on using Uber or Lyft from my hotel in Hollywood, FL for transpiration to cruise port and upon return back to same hotel.

My thinking is that I don't have to deal with others trying to to get to and from cruise port and since I must pay for transportation I might as well have a dedicated ride just for me.

Any comments or experiences with Uber/Lyft please leave your comments, thanx.

If this helps, our Uber fare from Port Everglades to Margaritaville Hollywood Beach was $15.75.

Gregg

Took Uber FLL to Miami cruise port last Feb ad was great. However, on disembarkation it was a different story because we did not know where to pick-up the Uber. Coming off a RCCL ship we ended up in area with large buses, embarking passengers dropping off, traffic officers trying to direct traffic, had mix-up when we grabbed the wrong Uber (same make model) and just the general chaos of the debarkation/embarkation process.

If anyone knows if/where there is a designated pick-up point at Miami cruise terminal that would be helpful.