Conceirge Question

Anubi

Its been a while since we've sailed Celebrity and on our last cruise we booked Concierge and didn't think it was worth the additional cost. Has there been any change in the last few years to make it worth the extra cost?

Its been a while since we've sailed Celebrity and on our last cruise we booked Concierge and didn't think it was worth the additional cost. Has there been any change in the last few years to make it worth the extra cost?
If you didn't like it the first time, you probably won't like it now either. Lot of people on cc still dump on it, but we did enjoy it. Of course part of that is probably because the price difference between an SV and C1 when we booked was only about $40. Our attendant was more than happy to swap the sparkling wine with a Chardonnay. We enjoyed the afternoon savories, we just skipped the sweet one. It included things like cold seafood salad, smoked salmon, or salami v with pickled onion. Not sure if these changes recently, but can also see why some people would say they are inedible. We really loved the fact that on sea days we could just hang out on our deck (with footstools) and watch the wake.

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

They have added a sit down lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day. It's nice to not have to fight with the crowds at the buffet.

I wouldn’t pay substantially more for it. There are varying accounts of what extra amenities are actually provided. We have an upcoming cruise in CC but I only paid about $80 extra for it. I consider it more of a premium price for cabin location rather than the extra perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

on an M-class ship, it's worth the upgrade for the extra cabin space.

On s-class it's not worth all that much...more captain's club points, foot stools on the balcony, better towels and robes (inconsistent) and for what it's worth, you get to avoid the mob in the buffet at debarkation. All those put together would not be worth more than $50-$100 per person to us. (note: we just returned from a cruise in concierge class. We booked concierge because Celebrity offered us two perks rather than one for booking concierge or above and the price difference was less than the $300 OBC they added so I guess we actually saved money).

They have added a sit down lunch in the main dining room on embarkation day. It's nice to not have to fight with the crowds at the buffet.

Yes, and on Summit in 2016 there was a special port presentation and a reception on the helipad. The rep helped me with our plans in Bermuda as well. Her desk was right on our floor.

Can't say I'd pay a whole lot more for the class but there are now more perks and booking this class helped us move to elite a lot more quickly.

Had a concierge class cabin on the Reflection TA in October. It was the first time and most likely the last unless the cruise price is Really worth it. We did not eat the afternoon treats. My one wish is if they would allow you to dine in Luminae.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The difference between balcony and concierge on the cruise we are looking at is $380.00 pp, IMO, that's a bit much for what you get. Still, if the bargain was there, we'd probably take it. Never say never! ;)

Still not worth it.

On our next cruise concierge class was cheaper than veranda or ocean view cabins. And because we booked on board we will get one extra perk and also more OBC. For me Concierge is worth like $200 per person per cruise. The embarkation lunch is very nice, the locations are nice, and actually we like daily snacks delivered to the room.

Difficult to answer, everyone is different, and the pros and cons mean more to some than others, as already mentioned by others, for me its cabin location. My wife likes the better bath robes but thats no incentive for either of us its just incidental. I wouldn't book Aqua as the cabins are too close to the overhang and the other facilities for Aqua for example don't interest me at all and I guess thats the same for many for Concierge.

• 2 months later...
On our next cruise concierge class was cheaper than veranda or ocean view cabins. And because we booked on board we will get one extra perk and also more OBC. For me Concierge is worth like $200 per person per cruise. The embarkation lunch is very nice, the locations are nice, and actually we like daily snacks delivered to the room.

I read somewhere that the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine isnt in the room when you get there and that you have to request it. Is this true?

I read somewhere that the complimentary bottle of sparkling wine isnt in the room when you get there and that you have to request it. Is this true?

The first time I found the bottle not waiting for us was in 2016 on Eclipse. Our stateroom attendant greeted us on embarkation day and told us he'd bring it chilled whenever we wanted it, just let him know. It's been that way ever since (at least for us). We trade the bottle for either a bottle of Prosecco or a bottle of red wine. We also ask for a cheese plate or shrimp cocktails instead of the afternoon savories. We often sail Concierge Class, but only if the differential between a verandah and Concierge is small, $50-$100 per person. We will go a bit higher on M-class ships for the extra room. Everyone places value differently. Look over the offerings and decide what's important to you and most of all, whatever you decide, have a wonderful sailing!:)

For us it was offered by the cabin attendant when we boarded and we asked to have it when she had time. We got it the next day. I don’t remember the brand but we checked and it retails about $ 15 so not a very cheap wine. It is a french sparkling wine and I thought it was rather good.

I’ve only ever been in Concierge, we did like the greater choice of breakfast on the room service

Next cruise I’m in a balcony and the only thing I’m concerned about are the towels

I like a large towel to dry on, are they really that much different in a balcony room

And could I request large towels if I found them too small ?

Only have been on one X cruise and it was concierge class, just by happenstance. Now that I have studied deck plans and all the info on this board, I will probably always go concierge class for cabin location. Been changing all my future cruises over to concierge angled balconies. We like to be on higher decks.

The shoreline concierge contacted us more than 2 weeks before cruise to ask if we had special requests before sailing.

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

Translated: Could I sell you some additional service/package?