Which countries require visa's?

Harrylinden

Since South America isn't a country, but is made up of many countries, and since every country has different requirements depending on what country's passport you hold, the best advice is to go online to the website of each of these countries' embassies and read up on their entry requirements. Visa requirements can change at the drop of a hat.

Searching for many countries visa requirements can keep you busy. While each countries embassy does have the needed info it can sometimes be hard to find, understand from one page to another. Fortunately you can do a check for many countries in one place. There are several companies that obtain visa for a (hefty) fee. Worthwhile if time is short or a consulate is far away. CIBT visas and VisaHQ for example (not recommending or referring). But what they show on the website may be only partially correct too.

Requirements vary widely based on your citizenship or passport you are travelling with and sometimes even based on which port of entry in the same country can have different visa.

Previous poster is correct that requirements do change so you have to keep up to date.

The 1st question would be. Do you have a United State passport? If you do I'm thinking cruising in the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico and the Mediterranean. Overall cruising in these area's the Visa fees if any would be handled be the cruise line.

Visa requirements are ever changing. Just within the past couple of weeks Sri Lanka changed and the ship can no longer do the visa they must be done on-line at least 72 hours before arrival.

India is a pain, Australia is easy on-line, Brazil wasn’t too bad but expensive. Chile recently changed their requirements. Check the web for the places you are considering and accept that may change. For Europe currently a passport is sufficient.

Given that you are Barney Miller's brother, I would like to reiterate the fact that the requirements are always changing. We in the good ole' US have a 71 year old issue that is likely to change the requirements even more over the next few years. After that, Visa sanity will come back into force.

So it was a number of years ago that the US upped the visa fee for Brazilian's coming to the USA. So in turn Brazil increased their fee in cord. I just found this online. I did not look into what the cost is.

The great news is that this is finally changing. "Starting in January 2018, Brazil will begin issuing electronic visas for US citizens (as well as Australian, Canadian, and Japanese citizens). The new process is valid both for tourist and business visas, and must be requested at least 72 hours in advance."

I am glad the bigendboys mentioned the change that Brazil is implementing for passport holders of the USA which they recently implemented for another country or two and that is an electronic visa.

A couple of things about visas. Rules change frequently and there are several places which require Visas that the cruise line can obtain on the ship.

Keith

Given that you are Barney Miller's brother, I would like to reiterate the fact that the requirements are always changing. We in the good ole' US have a 71 year old issue that is likely to change the requirements even more over the next few years. After that, Visa sanity will come back into force.

Looking at some different cruise's and wondering which one's require you to get visa's to enter their country? Looking at different ones IE: New Zealand/ Australia or a South America,or maybe a TA.Any help would be appreciated!:)

Brazil is the only SA country that requires visas for US residents (Venezuela may, but no one is going there). The Brazilian visa process may be the worst in the World for Americans.

China, Russia and India all require visas and we used visa companies to acquire our visas.

Australia requires a visa, but US citizens can acquire one online. NZ will issue one on arrival.

Thank You everyone. I think we narrowed it down to New Zealand/ Australia.

And from what I read here I need to get a Visa for those countries.Anyone know how much it costs? And where do I begin? :o

Harry,

We're headed to Australia on March 1 to board Solstice on the 5th, visiting both Australia and New Zealand. You actually only need to secure a Visa for Australia. The electronic Visa is extremely easy to obtain, maybe 10 minutes . . . The cost is $20AUD.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.border.gov.au/

Harry,

We're headed to Australia on March 1 to board Solstice on the 5th, visiting both Australia and New Zealand. You actually only need to secure a Visa for Australia. The electronic Visa is extremely easy to obtain, maybe 10 minutes . . . The cost is $20AUD.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.border.gov.au/

Thank You Jenifer!:D

Brazil is the only SA country that requires visas for US residents (Venezuela may, but no one is going there). The Brazilian visa process may be the worst in the World for Americans.

China, Russia and India all require visas and we used visa companies to acquire our visas.

Australia requires a visa, but US citizens can acquire one online. NZ will issue one on arrival.

We got visas for Brazil on our own in Chicago and it was hassle free. No problems and easy to obtain if you followed the online instructions.

We got visas for Brazil on our own in Chicago and it was hassle free. No problems and easy to obtain if you followed the online instructions.

Perhaps, but what we discovered was that processing visas depended on the Consulate which you were assigned due to where you live. Our Consulate was not close to where we lived and we would have needed to travel to that consulate as well as provide documents like our bank account records and other very intrusive docs. This was as of two or three years ago, so fortunately things have changed now with the electronic visas.

Perhaps, but what we discovered was that processing visas depended on the Consulate which you were assigned due to where you live. Our Consulate was not close to where we lived and we would have needed to travel to that consulate as well as provide documents like our bank account records and other very intrusive docs. This was as of two or three years ago, so fortunately things have changed now with the electronic visas.

As of Friday there was no such thing as an e-visa. It would be nice to have it. The Brazilian visa sounds worse than the Indian visa.