Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

2 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I think the issue has more to do with those that reserve the chair without ever using it with the intent of returning at some point and not those that are using the chair and get up to enjoy the bar/pool/hot tub with the intent of returning.

Well, here is another money grab idea for NCL.  As each person boards, they offer them a folding lounger for $50 for the cruise.  If they pay, the lounger gets labeled with their name and they need to find their own deck space.  If they do not pay, no lounging for them!

:classic_laugh:

34 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Well, here is another money grab idea for NCL.  As each person boards, they offer them a folding lounger for $50 for the cruise.  If they pay, the lounger gets labeled with their name and they need to find their own deck space.  If they do not pay, no lounging for them!

:classic_laugh:

LOL but if I wasn't in the Haven, I WOULD pay for this and for those that want to pay to have a lounger, I guess it's the Vibe.

4 hours ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Signs on Sun earlier this month were still 60 minutes. 

That is why people should always check the dailies for the correct info for their cruise. On one ship for a particular sailing, I've seen 30 minutes. On the same ship for a different sailing, I've seen 60 minutes.

I'd hate for someone to think it's 30 minutes when it really is 60.

I'd hate for someone to think it's 60 minutes when it really is 30.

• Like 1

One of our first cruises was on a ship that assigned you a deck chair. It had your name on it.

For some reason we lucked out and got one by the pool. I don't remember all this anxiety

surrounding chairs. In any event at some point in time cruise ships  changed and now we have the

situation with competition and chair hogging. This is not the way to treat customers. In some ways

I blame the cruise lines more than the passengers for not providing an adequate product.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:01 PM, JamieLogical said:

Okay, this news about allowing smoking on the Waterfront has me pretty upset. I was coping okay-ish with the diminished public deck space and how that meant that more of the sun worshipers might be encroaching on my quiet spaces, but now they smokers get my Waterfront? This might be the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

I'd suggest you try out another line for a trip, such as maybe Royal Caribbean.  The constant penny pinching at NCL and downgrades like this have me booking away from NCL for the moment.  Hope it turns back the other way sometime.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:05 AM, coriemarie said:

Over-dramatic here. There was smoking on the water front when I sailed the getaway. It was a 20 ft length area by one of the bars.

The waterfront stretches all the way around the ship. This is in no way the smokers 'getting YOUR waterfront'.

Given you are a smoker, I'd say you're a bit biased on this topic.

3 hours ago, QueenOfZoom said:

Not really on cruises, have to deal with the perfume/cologne/aftershave people in the hallways, elevators, shops, theater, MDRs, specialty restaurants, etc etc. 

You’re comparing breathing in second hand smoke to catching a whiff of aftershave in an elevator? Good grief...🙄

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, js said:

So happy they fixed the "C" 🙂

If you count the windows, I think you will see that “NORWEGIAN ENCORE” is ever-so-slightly off center due to the correction.  I view this as a memorial to the wonky one.  

726B60B9-3D07-490C-ABC9-A6EA9B386FDC.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2