LIVE from the Outstanding OASIS of the SEAS....

We've been aboard Oasis for 3 days now, and have so far everything has been nothing short of SPECTACULAR!

This is our 9th cruise with RCCL, our 12th together, and our first on Oasis of the Seas. We have sailed on her sister, Allure of the Seas, two times.

I'm making notes and taking photos so I can post a full review upon our return to land, but thought I'd get started with a few notes now! I can also answer questions while we are still onboard.

We were a bit trepidatious about this cruise, having read some recent reviews where folks found the ship lacking. That has not been the case for us, DH, Kurt or myself, Lindy. The couple traveling with us has also found many things to be delighted with on this cruise.

We traveled from just south of Tampa to Port Canaveral. We spent both Friday and Saturday nights in Titusville at Hampton Inn, so we could visit our son, who lives in Cocoa.

On Sunday, March 11, we made the short drive to Port Canaveral and parked in the parking garage to board Oasis of the Seas. Boarding took all of 22 minutes from the parking garage to having lunch with friends at the Solarium. Couldn't ask for a better boarding experience!

More about lunch in the Solarium on boarding day later, but let it suffice to say that there were no crowds, plenty of tables, a smiling staff, and mini-buffet filled with delicious food.

Oops, I've barely gotten started and DH just reminded me I need to start getting dressed for dinner at 150 Central Park! I'll be back with more later. I'll do my best to answer any questions.

Edited by Dinkachu

We've been aboard Oasis for 3 days now, and have so far everything has been nothing short of SPECTACULAR!

This is our 9th cruise with RCCL, our 12th together, and our first on Oasis of the Seas. We have sailed on her sister, Allure of the Seas, two times.

I'm making notes and taking photos so I can post a full review upon our return to land, but thought I'd get started with a few notes now! I can also answer questions while we are still onboard.

We were a bit trepidatious about this cruise, having read some recent reviews where folks found the ship lacking. That has not been the case for us, DH, Kurt or myself, Lindy. The couple traveling with us has also found many things to be delighted with on this cruise.

We traveled from just south of Tampa to Port Canaveral. We spent both Friday and Saturday nights in Titusville at Hampton Inn, so we could visit our son, who lives in Cocoa.

On Sunday, March 11, we made the short drive to Port Canaveral and parked in the parking garage to board Oasis of the Seas. Boarding took all of 22 minutes from the parking garage to having lunch with friends at the Solarium. Couldn't ask for a better boarding experience!

More about lunch in the Solarium on boarding day later, but let it suffice to say that there were no crowds, plenty of tables, a smiling staff, and mini-buffet filled with delicious food.

Oops, I've barely gotten started and DH just reminded me I need to start getting dressed for dinner at 150 Central Park! I'll be back with more later. I'll do my best to answer any questions.

On board as well and having a great time.:)

Following also, I board on April 15th, I am glad your writing this and will do the review because a couple of other people here on these boards been trashing this ship...I was on her in November I didn't experience a thing that those posters said and I expect everything to be just as good as your confirming.

We board on Sunday when you have to leave. So glad that you are having a great time. We are so excited...it has been a very long winter in Illinois...saw snowflakes today...so over it!!! We are traveling with 2 other couples and have the ultimate dining package. If you have a chance, is it possible to find out if Izumi Hibachi is included in the package? I have gotten mixed responses on this. Have fun and keep us informed on what we should be doing when we board!!! So far, I know to go to the Solarium for lunch on the day we board. (After getting our first drink...we have the deluxe package!)

We are traveling with 2 other couples and have the ultimate dining package. If you have a chance, is it possible to find out if Izumi Hibachi is included in the package? I have gotten mixed responses on this.

I'm logged onto the Cruise Planner right now, and the fine print below states that it is not:

Savor the savings with the Ultimate Dining Package! For one low price, you can enjoy dinner at our specialty restaurants every night of your sailing. And as an added perk, you’ll also get to eat lunch in our specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants.

A courtesy reservation will be made for the first night of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise. All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit.*

Percentage savings reflect discount over purchasing restaurants individually.

Prices are per person for the full sailing. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation will be automatically created for the first night of the sailing. All other reservations must be made onboard and are subject to availability. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Package valid for one specialty dining restaurant per meal. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Additional charges may apply for special food selections. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Children ages 6-12 can be added to reservation for a $10 cover charge once onboard. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for Chef's Table, Izumi Hibachi, or Culinary Experiences/Activities. Guests will receive 20% off when booking Chef's Table and/or any Culinary Experience/Activity onboard. Advertised pricing only applies to select sailing. Lunch in select specialty dining restaurants takes place only on sea days from the hours of 12:00PM to 2:00PM. Offer provides discount off wine selections at specialty dining restaurants with the purchase of a qualifying dining package. Offer provides 40% discount off bottles of wine priced at $100 or less; 20% discount off bottles of wine priced over $100. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Offer valid only with the purchase of 3-night, 4-night, 5-night, or Ultimate Dining Packages; other Dining Packages excluded. Terms of Royal Caribbean’s Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Offer is not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and expires on the final night of the cruise. Terms of Dining Packages apply. Offer is non-refundable, non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Offer excludes charters. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

Children between the ages of 0-5 are complimentary and ages 6-12 are half the adult price. Please reserve product for all guests who wish to dine. Adult price will be applied for all guests regardless of age; the difference between the adult price and child price will be refunded in the form of a refundable onboard credit (unless booked with non-refundable credit, in which case OBC will be non-refundable).

Congrats and hope you are having a great time!!! We are boarding in about 6 weeks and can't wait.

What time did you get to the terminal and board? Are you regular boarding or specialty?

Thanks!!

I will be too as well! Excited never been on Oasis

Us either:D:D:D I haven't been on RCCL since 2000 and hubby and DD never have at all. Can't wait to see this giant ship!

Looking forward to your review. We were on Oasis in January and will be back on in August. We had a great time and never felt anything was lacking.

Have a great rest of the week!!

mac_tlc

Looking forward to the rest of your review! We board Oasis for a do-over cruise in September. DH was injured 2 weeks before our first trip on Oasis, and was not able to fully enjoy the ship. We are really looking forward to being on Oasis with both of us fully healthy this time!