NCL Customer Service should get it together :(

Beer Belly

Called NCL last week because I heard there was an issue with Entertainment on the Escape June 3rd sailing (For The Record & After Midnight), I was told that those two shows will no longer be on the Escape from April 22 - July 8, and "Vocal Overdrive and Brenda Braxton Live" will be available. Customer Service told me this info is available on MY NCL website. Today I looked and could not find anything on those shows, so called NCL and was told "Choir of Men" would be available.....I asked about "Voice Overdrive and Brenda Braxton", and they had no idea what I was taking about.....so, passed me onto to someone else, who then tells me that Both "For The Record and After Midnight" is available on my sailing and has nothing on "Vocal Overdrive, Brenda Braxton or Choir of Men" ?......*** ?

Welcome to my hell. Last week Norwegian canceled one of my for the record reservations. i called up Norwegian, they seemed clueless and told me to keep checking the website for any info. I then posted the cancellation noticed here, on my roll call and on Facebook groups. That is where i learned about Choir of Men will be playing, and to this date..nothing is on the website. i am confused just like you on what kind of shows will be on my cruise

see this similar topic: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2617401

A couple of years ago they cancelled on us "Legally Blonde", and replaced it with Vocal Overdrive... unfortunately, it was very disappointing, and one of the reasons of why we decided to give NCL a break

Remember when you call NCL-- you ARE NOT talking to someone in the Miami office. They have contracts with Call Centers all over the world. The information they know if what there computer screens tell them. How often is information updated? You would hope on a daily basis but probably not- more like weekly and that is a maybe.

I am curious what OP expected? Entertainment is subject to constant change. It is not at all surprising that the people that you get when you call have no idea. Their main job is to book cruises and all that they see about entertainment is what is on their web portals. It is nto surprising that all of them were nto updated over a holiday weekend.

I think, like myself, OP probably expected to be able to figure out show reservations since dinners have to be reserved so far in advance. Perhaps some consistent communication from NCL. They obviously know what's going on since they sent the email a while ago. Why can't they just inform us and update the website so we can plan?

My best advice is don't believe a word an NCL operator tells you over the phone. Check cruise critic or any other source before believing the NCL operators. Most are truly clueless and will give any answer knowing it will never come back to them. That's just my experience. YMMV.

I am curious what OP expected? Entertainment is subject to constant change. It is not at all surprising that the people that you get when you call have no idea. Their main job is to book cruises and all that they see about entertainment is what is on their web portals. It is nto surprising that all of them were nto updated over a holiday weekend.

I think, like myself, OP probably expected to be able to figure out show reservations since dinners have to be reserved so far in advance. Perhaps some consistent communication from NCL. They obviously know what's going on since they sent the email a while ago. Why can't they just inform us and update the website so we can plan?

Mkmaj hit it on the head.....

Remember when you call NCL-- you ARE NOT talking to someone in the Miami office. They have contracts with Call Centers all over the world. The information they know if what there computer screens tell them. How often is information updated? You would hope on a daily basis but probably not- more like weekly and that is a maybe.

this is so true; as a retired supervisor at a large call center, I know only too well what it is like. Many of the reps are either young people with little experience handling calls or don't give a damn. They just want a pay check. Some are just working their first job to get experience and the good reps soon are promoted from phone positions to better paying ones. I am not saying all reps, by any means. I will add the call center I worked for one of the better ones in the country. .

Oh and one more thing or a couple more: with some lines, I don't think NCL is one of them the reps work from home. It is up to them to keep up with changes and 2-just to set the record straight for anyone who calls them operators. Even the phone company doesn't have operators anymore. they are sales reps and/or customer service reps: most of them are trained to sell, more than anything else but not to operate anything.

It seems like you have some reliable contacts. Can you possibly find out what is playing on the Escape from late April through early July?

We've discussed this on another thread and there is a lack of knowledge to what is exactly happening.

There seems to be a suggestion Choir of Men is replacing the two main shows but it isn't confirmed. Our reservations for the two main shows are still there.

I looked up Choir of Men and they only have 1,600 followers. Their FB site shows doing 3 shows in March, a show previously last July and no pending shows in the future. Doesn't come across as an equal replacement for what was there before if, in fact, there is a replacement.

I agree that the customer service reps often know less than what you can find on Cruise Critic. My beef is that they insist they are right, when in fact, they don't really know. I've had them transfer me to another department, only to be told I need to speak to the department that just transferred me. I find it useless to call them.

So, I got a really snarky voice mail from NCL customer service in response to my email inquiring about what the entertainment was actually going to be and voicing my frustration regarding the lack of communication from NCL.

In short, she didn't offer any information that I requested and said it's their right to change entertainment at their discretion.

I don't really have a problem with the message (although the frustration with lack of information remains), but the condescending tone was outrageous. I really like NCL'S product, but I think that I will look at other lines for future cruises.

He wants NCL customer service to get their act together and be able to answer questions about their product. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable request. Customer service is part of the product.

Choir of Man is not posted on NCL site yet but if you call NCL they will book you.

Leaving cruise in about 40 days and all my entertainment reservations are booked and printed which includes Choir of Man.

what are the dates/times for choir of man?

Called NCL last week because I heard there was an issue with Entertainment on the Escape June 3rd sailing (For The Record & After Midnight), I was told that those two shows will no longer be on the Escape from April 22 - July 8, and "Vocal Overdrive and Brenda Braxton Live" will be available. Customer Service told me this info is available on MY NCL website. Today I looked and could not find anything on those shows, so called NCL and was told "Choir of Men" would be available.....I asked about "Voice Overdrive and Brenda Braxton", and they had no idea what I was taking about.....so, passed me onto to someone else, who then tells me that Both "For The Record and After Midnight" is available on my sailing and has nothing on "Vocal Overdrive, Brenda Braxton or Choir of Men" ?......*** ?

and the pom poms start going up in 3-2-1 :evilsmile:.

I have always thought NCL customer service lacks just that, customer service......

I posted just a few days under one of the many NCL insurance threads with a heads-up about how pathetic their own call center's Customer Service was a week ago.

Make a long story short, they emailed one of the my BIL/SIL sailing later this month on their own basic travel protection plan, not the standard or deluxe full travel plan ... agent they got on the phone line flatly told them, they could only buy and add that within 24 hours of making final payment, which would've been more than 2 months ago, duh !

Absolutely not true but they didn't know better, not being CC junkies like some of us, so gave up but did question why the email was SEND by NCL to them ...

Some, many or most call center providing customer services "monitor" and record conversations for quality assurance purposes - I guess NCL is NOT one of them, or else, their management would be and should be ashamed - and doing more in-service training, etc.

Anyway, I called up and ask, and obviously got another agent - reading a different script and/or knew what he was saying and doing, or had done it with other customers - gave the "correct" answer, that, of course - it can be added and even quoted the "accurate" price ... bingo, even knew the differential pricing of the products sold by their company. Wow.

Not a bid deal, but a note was added to the account on purchase under the Reservation # with the credit card # to be used. They called back again and got it added, confirmed and shown on their booking.

At least one more agent at NCL didn't have the acts together but another did ... going above and beyond, exceptional and each & every time in delivering excellence ... sorry, I cannot cheer with those taglines and they have some catching up to do, not impressed.

No pom poms - maybe next time we call NCL, we should ask and advise the agent that the call, with their permission, is being recorded on our end for accuracy and to assist them in quality assurance purposes ... I wonder :rolleyes:

maybe next time we call NCL, we should ask and advise the agent that the call, with their permission, is being recorded on our end for accuracy and to assist them in quality assurance purposes ... I wonder :rolleyes:

Great idea !!!:D(y)

My best advice is don't believe a word an NCL operator tells you over the phone. Check cruise critic or any other source before believing the NCL operators. Most are truly clueless and will give any answer knowing it will never come back to them. That's just my experience. YMMV.

You said it all. It is hard to imagine but in many cases cruise critic is a much better source of information than NCL.