No more dessert at lunch buffet?

beasenne

Hi everyone,

I’m going on the Carnival Imagination next week and I’ve heard that on embarkation day, they now have very few dessert options now at the buffet. I’ve sailed with Carnival many times, and in the past they have lots of options, although now I’ve heard that they have taken away the traditional Sweet Spots desserts.

Has anyone sailed with Carnival in 2018 who can confirm or deny this? I’m just curious as to what I should expect this time around.

Thanks for any help,

Bea

The Horizon on an Inaugural cruise will have much fancier dessert selections in the buffet than the Imagination. OP, the usual dessert suspects will be available including apple crumble, chocolate cake, cookies, fake cheesecake and the like. Don't worry, you'll have ample opportunity to get your sweet tooth excited.

That's not saying any of the desserts are very good.

The buffet cheesecake on the Pride in January was actually pretty good. I was surprised that it wasn't the same gelatin based stuff we've seen before.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

#1 - How do these rumors get started? And #2 - Would it really make or break your cruise if there were a couple fewer dessert options on the lunch buffet?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The German Chocolate shown on those pics was just mentioned oh JH's to be put on all lunch buffets. "German chocolate cake. This is part of our new Lido lunch dessert selection.If you were would have some ?" With a poll if you want some or not.

I was on the Glory a couple months ago and the desserts were plentiful but not very good. There has definitely been a decline in quality desserts at the buffet in recent years. I'm told they are getting improved fleetwide and the Horizon desserts are an example.

The German Chocolate shown on those pics was just mentioned oh JH's to be put on all lunch buffets. "German chocolate cake. This is part of our new Lido lunch dessert selection.If you were would have some ?" With a poll if you want some or not.

What did you think of the cake presentation in the photos? Someone said it looked like they asked a dishwasher or a child to make the cake. It does look sad but it may taste good. I like some of the desserts served on Carnival quite well.

30441446_2120954891280394_6119123490969747456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f9f45ae800b0c98e5481e431eefd1a8&oe=5B3298DE

Lots of desserts on the Inspiration in January and on the Splendor in February and March.

Also there’s a chocolate buffet one sea day lunch. Tea has very good desserts, as does the coffee bar ($).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone,

I’m going on the Carnival Imagination next week and I’ve heard that on embarkation day, they now have very few dessert options now at the buffet. I’ve sailed with Carnival many times, and in the past they have lots of options, although now I’ve heard that they have taken away the traditional Sweet Spots desserts.

Has anyone sailed with Carnival in 2018 who can confirm or deny this? I’m just curious as to what I should expect this time around.

Thanks for any help,

Bea

That is the most insane rumor i have hard.

I will be on Horizon in two weeks, I hope to see desserts of that quality still on offer. In all of my 6 cruises I found all the desserts to be of my liking. Though I am not a fan of chocolate, I can't miss the melting chocolate cake. The cheesecakes always hit the spot, and the creme broule is to die for.

For the American palate, I think you will not find better desserts.

What did you think of the cake presentation in the photos? Someone said it looked like they asked a dishwasher or a child to make the cake. It does look sad but it may taste good. I like some of the desserts served on Carnival quite well.

30441446_2120954891280394_6119123490969747456_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6f9f45ae800b0c98e5481e431eefd1a8&oe=5B3298DE

This is the saddest attempt at cake decorating (my kids have done better) and I absolutely love german chocolate cake. However, this does not look appetizing at all and I probably would not touch it.

This is supposed to be German Chocolate cake? Whoever made this needs to go back to cooking school for more training. Or, use Google to find out what a true German Chocolate cake should look like.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for any help,

Bea

This is the dumbest thing I have read today. Some people will believe anything.

Edited by apcci2