What's your favorite and least favorite Royal Caribbean Ships? (List 3 or less in e

Our problem with that ship was there are way too many cabins for the amount of entertainment venue space. You spend more time waiting in line to do anything then you spend doing them. If you don't go at least an hour early or more, plan on sitting at the back.
That was my issue also most of the posts on Oasis class are the opposite of Anthem. It's not necessarily ship size its the ratio. They stuffed too many cabins and people on Anthem.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Forums mobile app

Just off the Anthem today and stumbled on this post, so here it goes:

Favorite: Liberty, Allure

Least Favorite: Anthem

Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time, but could not help thinking something was “off”. Reading other posts I realize, yes!, believe it or not, ocean views were lacking. Felt like a floating mall. The North Star, iFly and Spectra’s Cabaret were awesome, as was the indoor pool for that first chilly day, but the rest, was meh. I really missed the good ‘ol 3 Level dining room. Avoid the esplanade when sales are going on - very narrow compared with other ships.

As we were packing last night our 13 year old said, if we cruise again then on the Allure if possible. Yup, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Completely agree! Same thing I didn't hate the cruise but I won't book another Quantum class. I have noticed the reviews on the Oasis class are mostly positive and that class is bigger. So maybe I will give that class a chance. The Oasis class seems like a giant Voyager class ship to me similar design. I believe the Quantum Class is actually a Celebrity design that Royal Caribbean used. If you look at the Celebrity Equinox it is a similar design. The lack of Oceanviews I didn't like. I go on cruises in the middle of winter to escape cabin fever.... MS_Celebrity_Equinox_R02.jpg.a9143eccef6fd39af3a97eaba3a2a205.jpg

hqdefault.jpg.02da4c7b9ff61172299449dea095981c.jpg

Have been on only 1 RC cruise, on the Anthem. We live in nyc and were traveling with sister in NJ. So no flying, hotels, concerns about weather for our Winter cruise. Loved our cruise and the ship. The number of passenger vs size of entertainment venues was our only issue but we just got there early and talked or read as we waited. it didn't really bother us. MUST make reservations in advance for the 3 production shows.

Completely agree! Same thing I didn't hate the cruise but I won't book another Quantum class. I have noticed the reviews on the Oasis class are mostly positive and that class is bigger. So maybe I will give that class a chance. The Oasis class seems like a giant Voyager class ship to me similar design. I believe the Quantum Class is actually a Celebrity design that Royal Caribbean used. If you look at the Celebrity Equinox it is a similar design. The lack of Oceanviews I didn't like. I go on cruises in the middle of winter to escape cabin fever.... [ATTACH]420021[/ATTACH][ATTACH]420022[/ATTACH]

That is a little odd to me though. We were on the Celebrity Equinox last year and probably felt the most connected to the ocean of any cruise ship we have been on. The top deck with the grass and the sunset bar and other areas galore to look out at the seas. It is a beautiful ship however by the sixth or seventh day I was running out of things to do on that ship. There are just not that many extras like with Royal Caribbean (ice rink, rock climbing, mini golf, etc...). . Super relaxing though

Dan

This is a great question and I’ve been trying to sort out all of the memories to decide. It’s hard to separate “the ship” from the destinations and the friends we traveled with!

Balancing ship amenities, food,& service, my TOP would be: Freedom, Oasis & Serenade. BOTTOM: Explorer & Majesty

That was my main issue with Anthem it almost seemed like RCL forgot why we cruise? I want to feel like I am on a ship also. I understand RCL is competing with land resorts and Disney and going after that market is fine I just hope they don't forget their base. The new ships they have already planned past 2020 aren't really any smaller. It would be nice if they built some smaller ships along with the bigger ones like they did with the Radiance class when they were building the big Voyager class back in the early 2000s.

It is my hope RCCL does not forget its roots as well. We enjoy cruising on Vision through the Freedom classes. Have to wonder what will be left when the smaller classes retire. I truly do not want to have Oasis and Quantum class ships as my only choice to cruise...that will cause us to go elsewhere, which will be a shame because we do love cruising with Royal.

"Cruising is not only a vacation, it is our moment to step away from land and embrace the sea with open arms to give thanks and enjoy the beauty of life"

In the late 1980’s there was no ship in same class as Soverign of the seas, it was ship that made me a huge fan of rccl.

OMG YES. That ship has a lot of fond memories and a lot of folks remember her.

Just like around the same time Carnival had the HOLIDAY. Both ships had lots of fun and room out on deck.

so to answer the OP my three are.

Anthem: for being unique and forward thinking in layout and design

Radiance/Jewel: For having nice atriums and and nice glass elevators as well as covered pools.

Allure: for being my first Oasis class and without that DARN PINK slide to block the back view.

there is no RCI that I dislike.

My favorite of any ship/line I have ever cruised is Allure. Best ship ever! My least favorite was the Vision a year ago. Really showing her age, and entertainment was really poor. I guess I like them big:D

Cruising Anthem next year, and I'm a little nervous with the reviews, but it'll be our first time ever in a Star class room, so I think we'll be more than happy.

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2018 at 11:06 AM, 39august said:

Favorites:Liberty because she is closer to us and has the lovely suite/Pinnacle lounge and because we now know so many of her crew; Jewel because she is so beautiful and when we sailed her, the WJ food was great; Navigator because she is beautiful and because of concierge Nadja. Least: the Oasis class ships.

Hi 39August:

We've just booked the Jewel for a Baltic cruise next year after a long absence from RCL. I have a few questions for you -

• What makes the Jewel of the Seas so beautiful? 
  • What made the Windjammer food good?
  • When were you last on the Jewel?
  • Can you compare the Radiance class ships with the Vision class? (We honeymooned on the Splendour of the Seas when she was new and it was our first cruise together)
  • What lounge on Jewel is available for Celebrity Elite Plus pax? (I think that translates to Diamond on RCL) 

Thanks so much!

Edited by rolfecms

I’ve been on the anthem in 2016.  Went on the harmony in 2018.  Going on the anthem again this month due to the itinerary.  New England cruise.  So afraid I’ll be disappointed in the anthem due to the lack of the different areas like Central Park and boardwalk.  Love that back of the ship open theatre.     I know I’ll still love the cruise but might be mourning harmony.   I have terrible FOMO as well as should of could of would of.   Explorer was a ship we went on before her first rehab.   Loved that cruise.  Prob my fav. But the ship itself wasn’t all that.   Nothing is perfect and that goes for ships as well.  I do prefer the larger ships.   Been on the adventure, vision and majesty as well but remember very little from them.