What port to skip for a boat day?

Going on Freedom for a southern Caribbean route (St Marteen, St Kitts, Antigua, Barbados, and st lucia) with just one sea day. My hubby and I don’t care about seeing every port to its fullest and can only handle a few beach days per cruise. What port is best to skip and just stay on the ship for a less crowded ship day? We do enjoy shopping so what port is good for some shopping too?

We just got back from that exact route and we both agreed that we didn't like St Kitts as much as the other ports. St Lucia didn't get a fair shake as it rained just enough to postpone plans and then it was too late to really do anything. Shopping is abundant in St Kitts but be prepared for the hard sell from the tour companies. They didn't take no as well as the other port stops. Antigua and Barbados are fantastic beach ports (Ffryes in Antigua and Boatyard in Barbados). Have fun!

We are doing the same one in June. Was a hard choice to make. Was gonna skip ST. Maarten since we've been so many times and heard the traffic is ridiculous, but wanted to put some $$ into the country. So we will probably take the water taxi to the little beach near the port.

We have decided to let St. Kitts be our "boat" day. We have been to Carmbola Beach club twice and liked it, but it's our least fav beach on this route.

Karen

Given that itinerary, I would get off the boat and decide.. Every one of those islands is BEAUTIFUL in their own sense and seeing it from your balcony doesn't seem like the real way to soak in the islands beauty.

And sorry, I found St. Kitts to be beautifully intriguing and unique, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions!!!

Happy Sailing!!

So interesting - We loved St. Kitts. We did the Marriott day Pass a couple of years ago. It was very reasonable, the kids were free and their pool was beautiful. I do admit the beach was not great though.

I have always felt like there was the least to do in Antigua.

In St. Kitts, I like Caribelle Batik and the fort for some history. Plus the views where you can see both the Atlantic and Caribbean, which is cool.

In St. Martin, I'm addicted to Maho Beach, where you can watch the planes land.

Barbados-- Mt. Gay Rum factory, Agapey Chocolate, and it's a fun place for catamaran tours. Plus it's very civilized.

St Lucia is pretty.

I'd skip Antigua or St. Lucia, depending on if there was a tour or something specific you wanted to do on one or the other island.

St. Marteen....Love Seraphina's Bakery on the French side in Marigot.

St Kitt...Did a tour with Thenford Gray. It was outstanding. Highly recommend.

Antigua...Did a tour with Lawrence of Antigua. It was ok

Barbados....Did a self tour with a cabbie. Good time. Only took 2 1/2 hours.

St. Lucia....Never got past the port. Too much Deluxe drink package the night before.

So based on that highly technical analysis, I would say choose from Antigua or Barbados, depending on what you like to do.

What is it about ST Kitts that some of you didn't like. The daughter & I will be on our first Allure cruise and ST Kitts is one of our stops along with St Thomas & Cococay. I have been to ST Thomas several yeas ago but not ST Kitts or Cococay

Boatyard in Barbados was great. Our Souilaga snorkel/swim excursion was rained out in St. Maarten, Would like to go back again to do it. Haven't been to the other ports (yet).

Looking forward to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba in December. Haven't ben to any of these ports so won't stay on ship at any.

I’d skip St Maarten. You can get to that island on just about any other Caribbean cruise, any day of the week, any other ship.

St Kitts is starting to be more often visited on Eastern Routes, so that would be my second choice.

The other 3 are Southern Route specific. Don’t skip those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is it about ST Kitts that some of you didn't like. The daughter & I will be on our first Allure cruise and ST Kitts is one of our stops along with St Thomas & Cococay. I have been to ST Thomas several yeas ago but not ST Kitts or Cococay

The first time I went to ST. Kitts I was not fond of it. The next time I really wanted to give it a fair shake and booked Thenford Grey Tours. He really lives the island and wants to show it off. I had a wonderful time and I am so glad I gave it another chance.

Going on Freedom for a southern Caribbean route (St Marteen, St Kitts, Antigua, Barbados, and st lucia) with just one sea day. My hubby and I don’t care about seeing every port to its fullest and can only handle a few beach days per cruise. What port is best to skip and just stay on the ship for a less crowded ship day? We do enjoy shopping so what port is good for some shopping too?

I have been to the above islands a dozen times but never stay on the ship.

St. Marteen....Love Seraphina's Bakery on the French side in Marigot.

St Kitt...Did a tour with Thenford Gray. It was outstanding. Highly recommend.

Antigua...Did a tour with Lawrence of Antigua. It was ok

Barbados....Did a self tour with a cabbie. Good time. Only took 2 1/2 hours.

St. Lucia....Never got past the port. Too much Deluxe drink package the night before.

So based on that highly technical analysis, I would say choose from Antigua or Barbados, depending on what you like to do.

Sarafina's is closed. :( Unknown if and when it will reopen. They are trying, but.........

I would go with my gut for that day....if you don't really care about the ports, you could stay onboard for all of them! Really, one is no better or worse than another. It's up to you! And remember...you can get off and back on pretty quickly...so if you do get off and decide you'd rather be onboard, nothing is stopping you.