The Upgrade Fairy made her first visiti to me!

portofrome

I just got an email from Hal with a very nice surprice! Moved from a lanai cabin to a Vista Suite cat. A on deck 6 on my upcoming Rotterdam cruise to Norway. It is my first upgrade with Hal and I'm so happy!!

Now I have a question: being an upgdrade, will I have the double mariner points?

I just got an email from Hal with a very nice surprice! Moved from a lanai cabin to a Vista Suite cat. A on deck 6 on my upcoming Rotterdam cruise to Norway. It is my first upgrade with Hal and I'm so happy!!

Now I have a question: being an upgdrade, will I have the double mariner points?

I believe you only get the double points if you pay for that level of room. Being upgraded doesn't count.

As mentioned, in your case, no double points. If you had booked a Vista suite and gotten an upgrade to a Neptune suite, you would get double points as your original category qualified for it.

NO to points yes to upgrade:cool::cool:

We are sailing in August, 1st with HAL, on N Amsterdam to Alaska. how close to embarkation date might HAL call? Just made final payment last week.

It varies, depending on how the cabins are selling, but normally I start watching 4-5 weeks prior to sailing.

Sorry the answer at least for us is no. We got a great upgrade to a signature suite once and that was the only perk to got and was is GREAT. We appreciated it very much and an upgrade like that, sadly it hasn't happened again. We book not expecting that to happen, so it was a surprise too.

We are sailing in August, 1st with HAL, on N Amsterdam to Alaska. how close to embarkation date might HAL call? Just made final payment last week.

They won't call; it will come by email.

They won't call; it will come by email.

... or it might come in person!!! We actually got our first upgrade at the Check-In counter, so don't give up hope until you receive your stateroom assignment at Check-In.

... or it might come in person!!! We actually got our first upgrade at the Check-In counter, so don't give up hope until you receive your stateroom assignment at Check-In.

Oh. Hahaha! I had a vision of them coming to your door like Publishers Clearing House!

Oh. Hahaha! I had a vision of them coming to your door like Publishers Clearing House!

And please, don't hold your breath. Just enjoy if it does happen, which is extremely rare. In 31 cruises, it has happened once (not on HAL).

Sorry the answer at least for us is no. We got a great upgrade to a signature suite once and that was the only perk to got and was is GREAT. We appreciated it very much and an upgrade like that, sadly it hasn't happened again. We book not expecting that to happen, so it was a surprise too.

Sorry I missed congratulating you on the visit.