Do the Alaska Cruises on NCL ever go on sale?

marcyjane

Cruises up there in Dec are cheap! Lol

There's not sales since they are less than 6 months out of the year and a limited number of ships that cruise there. Add in that one of ncls cruise is a brand new ship.

There might be some deals you stumble on, but they're not likely to be as cheap as Caribbean deals. I've heard some last minute ones can be a good deal, but I would bet bliss won't have any this year.

I could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Alaska cruises seem to remain one of the more expensive ones, as mentioned because of the short season and popularity. A few years ago, we did book one that gave a free one night hotel stay in Seattle. Haven't seen that offer in a long time though.

Only bargains would be at the very beginning and end of the cruise season.

Otherwise it is PRIME time through out the cruise season from May till late September.

However you may find promotional deals i.e 3-4 guests free - extra OBC - shore excursions with discounts.

The first year sales on the NCL BLISS will be closely watched and if the bottom line did not produce the

anticipated results - maybe more incentives will be offered - at this point way too early to tell.

They almost always go on sale in the last 30 days before sailing. If you aren't particular about type of cabin you get, or where it is located on the ship, then you can get them for about 1/2 -3/4 price per person.

HOWEVER....unless you live in the area, and airfare isn't a concern....then you are either taking a huge risk booking airfare for a cruise you don't have booked yet, or you will pay the difference in cruise savings in increased airfare.

Sometimes within about 30-45 days from departure the North/South one-way cruises between Vancouver and Seward (or reverse) will have a sale on inside cabins ....... that really seems to be about it on "deals to Alaska in the last year or two. Of course then there is transport cost on the Seward End, expensive "open jaw" airfare, etc to deal with, so not always the bargain it appears to be

Generally, no.

Last minute inside maybe.

Soooooo port intensive that all you do is sleep and shower. Inside fine.

One ways no longer available since Sun stopped Alaska runs this year.

Jewel does Sawyer/Tracy Arm or Dawes/Endicott Arm

Pearl does Glacier Bay.

Bliss doing Jewel itinerary this year and Pearl itinerary next year.

You will find the best prices the first week or two and the last 2-3 weeks during the season. We sailed on Labor Day weekend and the weather was great all week with highs in the upper 60's and sunny. Our cruise was almost half the price of a June or July cruise

Due to the short season prices tend to remain high. If you find in sales they are going to be very early in the season or at the very tail end. Unless you are worried about shopping the scenery is great at both of those times. You will likely find more snow early in the season.

You are all wrong. This is going to be my 3rd and 4th in Alaska this season. Haven't paid more than 499 for a 7 day. You just have to flexibility and be ready not to cruise unless you get that perfect price.

You are all wrong. This is going to be my 3rd and 4th in Alaska this season. Haven't paid more than 499 for a 7 day. You just have to flexibility and be ready not to cruise unless you get that perfect price.

For 99% of the people you are wrong. Most cannot grab a cruise to AK at the last minute, and their is nothing at all that is inexpensive about them unless you get really lucky. For most people a European cruise costs less than an AK cruise.

I'd love to know which ships and when you sailed for $499 for a week? Did that include tax, port charges, and gratuites?

I monitor Alaska cruise prices and every season there are several last minute deals on sailings, specially on the northbound/southbound one. Not so much on the roundtrips from easier ports of embarkation like Seattle. I’ve also learned that on cruise lines like Princess and Holland America that have the largest number of ships in Alaska, the last minute deals and price drops are more common.

With that said, we booked a June roundtrip cruise on Holland America out of Seattle. We booked the lowest category that we’d be happy with about a year out. After final payment, the prices started dropping like a rock, and they even offered a 3rd/4th passenger free promotion.

I wasn’t expecting to take advantage of any of these promotion since we were already inside final payment, but Holland America honored every price drop and promotion. By the time it was all said and done, we had a complimentary upgrade to a premium balcony, our Kids sailed for free, and we had OBC in our account! Our 7 night cruise to Alaska ended up being cheaper than our 4 night cruise to the Bahamas the previous summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All of you are very lucky. For those of us up in years flying from east Virginia, flexibility is not a word in our dictionary. :cool:

Luck does play a role, but living far from the west coast shouldn’t automatically translate into costly airfare.

When we took the above mentioned cruise to Alaska, airfare was initially hovering in the $600-$700pp from Georgia where we live. Then one day, the rates plummeted to $240pp, and for nonstop flights! The only drawback was that on the return we had to spend an extra night in Seattle since the flight departed at 6am, but it was a small price to pay in order to save a couple thousand dollars. Plus we were able to squeeze in some additional sightseeing in Seattle. Win, win!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Time of year can make a difference. We were set to cruise to Alaska in high season and had to cancel due to illness. Luckily we had insurance as it was last minute. When we re-booked for he following year I found that switching from June to Sept. after Labor Day cut our airfare in half and also the exact cabin was $3000 lower for the two of us which covered our insurance cost for the other trip and gave us a nice amount of spending money for the new trip.

I only posted per person prices. Like Budget Queen I have taken over 40 cruises to Alaska. I have always got a great price or I would not cruise. Transportation to cruise was not part of the question. It also depends on where you live. Sorry to all that do not have the flexibility.

For 99% of the people you are wrong. Most cannot grab a cruise to AK at the last minute, and their is nothing at all that is inexpensive about them unless you get really lucky. For most people a European cruise costs less than an AK cruise.

I am sorry I am not like the 99% you text about