Princess website is horrible

twentyknots

After finding that cabin available, did you proceed directly with the booking or did you do other things on the web site first?

I have found that if I select an available cabin to see if it is available, exit, and then look again it will be marked as unavailable because my inquiry temporarily reserved it for me, but would not let me get back to it. After waiting about 30 minutes, it got released so I could reserve it again.

Yes.

I don't think I did that, but it has been a while. So, who knows? Maybe I did.

No big deal. As I said, all cabins take the same itinerary.

HAL cruisers have been threatening mutiny over their new web-site....

Looking into our possible first HAL cruise.

Their web-site and even customer service... well.... they are BAD!!!!!

Don't complain about occasional issues on Princess too awfully quickly!

I just booked a short four day getaway with a friend to try out HAL for the first time. The attitude of the booking agent had me imagining her stretched out, her feet propped up, and chewing her gum, lol. Verrrrry chilled out manner.

As for the website, omg! Everything takes so long due to selecting, then backing out, then adding the next component, over and over. And so hard to find anything.

Princess is a piece of cake in comparison.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
Perhaps you have not been on MSC's website....truly horrible!! Cunard's is very poor as is Celebrity. I never realized just how good Princess' is until I tried the others! :o

So true!! Try MSC and then come back here!! The Princess website is by far the most user-friendly one I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trying for past 2 days to see what's available for Hawaii next year. Slow, unresponsive at times. I give up. Thought we'd Princess a try. Well, on to Holland and Celebrity.

Having booked cruise on HAL, Royal, Celebrity and Princess web sites during the last 12 months, Princess is the best of the 4.

I just figured out what's going on, here.

The OP is actually a Princess marketing guy/gal. He/she figured that if we all ran off to the web site to see if there was a problem, then, maybe one or two of us might think, "Hmm, a cruise to Hawaii, next January. That sounds good. I think I'll use one of my FCDs and book it."

Whaddaya think?

I have a different theory.

Princess has made its website easy to use so that you actually book a cruise yourself, cutting out the TAs and the discounts that they offer. The more people who book direct, the more PCL makes. The other cruise lines take a different approach and make their websites so darned hard to use that you throw up your hands in defeat and call a TA. The difference between Princess and X and RC and MSC is as wide as the Grand Canyon.

Trying for past 2 days to see what's available for Hawaii next year. Slow, unresponsive at times. I give up. Thought we'd Princess a try. Well, on to Holland and Celebrity.

We rarely have a problem with the site. The design us also fairly intuitive for such dense information content. Your problem may not actually be with the site but reside somewhere else.

If you think Princess is bad, would like to see what you think about the 2 you mention. IMHO they are far worse.

I have experience with using Carnival, RCCL and HAL websites along with PCL. I find the PCL website easier to maneuver in and get the information I wanted from simple pages. Carnival for example is very difficult because you have to go through a booking page by page to find out the price while Princess makes it very simple with only a few keystrokes. I was just on HAL looking once again for a possible cruise and they also make it difficult to even see the itinerary of a cruise I might be interested in. Princess has a table with the ports and times listed plain and simple. For those however that need to be led by the hand through investigating and/or booking, the other websites may be "easier" to use as long as you don't want to do comparisons.

There are a lot of complaints about the Princess web site.

Have a great cruise. I love cruising to Hawaii.

By the way, I just went to Princess.com

• Under "Plan a Cruise" I clicked on "Find Cruises."
  • On the left side of the screen I clicked on the "Destinations - Any" box.
  • A drop-down menu appeared, and I clicked on "Hawaii"
  • On the right side of the screen, under "2019" I clicked on "Jan." "Feb," "Mar," "Apr," "Oct," "Nov" and "Dec"
  • I clicked on the "View Results" button.

I was presented with 20 cruises of 4 itineraries.

It couldn't have taken more than 20 seconds.

I just did the same thing. It was very fast. As soon as I click, the page was there.

could the OP computer need to be cleaned up or optimized? Or maybe just at the time they were looking, the site was down a little?

I'm older, use a laptop I've had for 10 years and never have any issues. I'm on the Princess site several times a day. I've had issues with other cruise lines websites, I think it is just me liking the way Princess site is set up.

While I will check through cruise line web sites to check pricing, once I have narrowed down my search including desired cabin, I then call my TA and give her the information. She takes it from there. She knows my dining times and has the cruise lines, not her office run the deposit/'s. If I were to book directly with the cruise line, I would call and speak with an agent. I don't think I have found one site worse or better then the other, they are about the same to me. Each have their good & bad points.