Princess website is horrible

twentyknots

Not true.

They make changes that make things worse.

One of my favorites is when they changed the display of an itinerary from a vertical listing which fit on one screen to a horizontal listing that required using two to four screens to view it in pieces.

Yeah I often wonder what instructions the IT dept is given when they are changing the site.

The Celebrity website is a NIGHTMARE - I’ve been trying to ‘log in’ to my booking for next year for the past week and it continually tells me ‘unable to retrieve my booking, try again later’ - it’s a bloody joke! Due to many factors, our next Celebrity cruise will most likely be our last. We are now Elite on Princess and Princess, for us, is much better value. The appalling Celebrity website certainly does not help! Rant over!!

The Celebrity website is a NIGHTMARE - I’ve been trying to ‘log in’ to my booking for next year for the past week and it continually tells me ‘unable to retrieve my booking, try again later’ - it’s a bloody joke! Due to many factors, our next Celebrity cruise will most likely be our last. We are now Elite on Princess and Princess, for us, is much better value. The appalling Celebrity website certainly does not help! Rant over!!

I like both lines, dislike both websites.

Before you book or use Celebrity's website, look at the comments about their website on cruise critics. It's by far the worst website and this has been going on for years. They were suppose to fix it, but time will tell.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2587697&highlight=website

We love Celebrity.... HOWEVER...you are right...the Celebrity website is horrendous...and generally non functional....Princess is leaps & bounds better.... It's amazing that after so many years and so many complaints and crashes that Celebrity is unable to fix whatever is wrong...

However...it would never stop us from sailing with Celebrity...….

The Celebrity website is a NIGHTMARE - I’ve been trying to ‘log in’ to my booking for next year for the past week and it continually tells me ‘unable to retrieve my booking, try again later’ - it’s a bloody joke! /quote]

I last travelled on Celebrity 18 months ago and that was the message I frequently got back then when I was trying to check my booking. To hear the exact same problem is still occurring is beyond words.

If you think Princess is bad and Celebrity is worse... go check out the MSC website. The MSC site is the absolute worst. Oh, call customer service for help... generally speaking, the live MSC person is almost as useless as the site is at times.

I went back to princess yesterday to see if things had improved and they had. I was able to complete my research on about 20 different Hawaii sailings for 2019. After sailing in an aft corner suite on Oosterdam last year we wont even consider anything unless it's similar. Many of the Princess Hawaii 2019 sailings have already sold out of aft suites. Unfortunately even when I do find an aft suite and google it for comments and photos I see many concerns and questions abut the columns and vents. I'm having a hard time justifying a cruise costing ~$15,000 with a questionable veranda. Not sure what to do at this point.

Unfortunately even when I do find an aft suite and google it for comments and photos I see many concerns and questions abut the columns and vents. I'm having a hard time justifying a cruise costing ~$15,000 with a questionable veranda. Not sure what to do at this point.

If your comment about columns is concerning an aft vista suite all I can say is that they are our preferred full suites. The aft corner locations are fantastic and the column is, in our estimation, a non-problem. In fact depending on the direction of the sun, we have been known to move some of the furniture to behind the column to get some shade.

Regarding your original comment about the Princess website, a few years ago our daughter's family was planning a cruise on Royal Caribbean and she asked me to check out something on-line. I don't remember what it was but I found it totally frustrating and kept telling her how easy the inquiry would have been on the Princess website. Then last summer I started planning a Galapagos cruise (for 6 or 7 people) and tried to check the Celebrity site. It was impossible. I gave up and we decided that when we go we will use Road Scholar. There website is basic but information is easy to find.

Edited by capriccio

I went back to princess yesterday to see if things had improved and they had. I was able to complete my research on about 20 different Hawaii sailings for 2019. After sailing in an aft corner suite on Oosterdam last year we wont even consider anything unless it's similar. Many of the Princess Hawaii 2019 sailings have already sold out of aft suites. Unfortunately even when I do find an aft suite and google it for comments and photos I see many concerns and questions abut the columns and vents. I'm having a hard time justifying a cruise costing ~$15,000 with a questionable veranda. Not sure what to do at this point.

Wanting an aft suite, why not call a few TAs and have them do the hunting for you on a few different lines....how about wait listing and let the TA handle that....a suite brings some nice commission and by using a TA maybe a few perks.

Don't be dependent on the websites...since most cruises are booked with a refundable deposit what is the risk of using a live person to provide u with info and make your arrangements.

The columns and vents really are not a problem on Aft cabins on princess....at least they have not been for me. Vibration is where I might have a question.

Good Luck...

I'm glad to hear that, at least, the web site is working better for you.

Yes, the after suites are usually booked very quickly. Since Princess will usually allow a cabin to be booked with a refundable deposit, many will do so, hold the cabin and decide at final payment (75 days prior to sailing) whether they want to keep it or cancel it.

Mrs. XBGuy wanted to try an aft suite for a Mexican Riviera cruise in December. When I started the booking procedure, the web site indicated that there was one available. Apparently, before I could finish, that single one was booked. So, we now have a GTY booking. We'll see if somebody cancels prior to final payment. I had reason to call Princess about another issue, and, since I was on the phone I asked the agent if we had a chance. She felt the odds were very good. Frankly, I don't care. All cabins take the same itinerary.

I have never cruised on Holland America, but I know others who have, and I get the impression that they are very good. I have my own reasons for sailing on Princess, but, if you can find what you want on Holland America, why don't you just go ahead and book with them?

I'm trying to book a flight on EZ Air. I try to go onto Cruise Personalizer, and a screen comes up that it's unavailable.

If the date of the RETURN flight from your cruise is more than 330 days from the date on which you are looking for flights, flight schedules are not available from the airlines.

:p

One of the reasons I choose Princess over Celebrity is that I can't stand dealing with the Celebrity web site. Yes' date=' I've hit times when the Princess site seems to be "down," but overall it is very user friendly.[/quote']

I tried Disney yesterday and their web site is not user friendly when it comes to cruises. I am happy with Princess web site

I would have a hard time justifying a cruise costing $15,000....Period!! LOL!

I agree though...if i were paying that much for a cruise it would have to be perfect!

I'm trying to book a flight on EZ Air. I try to go onto Cruise Personalizer, and a screen comes up that it's unavailable.

What is the timeline between your sailing and when you want to fly? It's usually 11 months pre-cruise before the flights show up.

Mrs. XBGuy wanted to try an aft suite for a Mexican Riviera cruise in December. When I started the booking procedure, the web site indicated that there was one available. Apparently, before I could finish, that single one was booked.

After finding that cabin available, did you proceed directly with the booking or did you do other things on the web site first?

I have found that if I select an available cabin to see if it is available, exit, and then look again it will be marked as unavailable because my inquiry temporarily reserved it for me, but would not let me get back to it. After waiting about 30 minutes, it got released so I could reserve it again.