Cancelled Cruised

bama57

Anyone have any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

My son is getting married 06/23 and my wife book the Carnival Vista selling on 06/24. Carnival said it was on EZ pay and when the last payment hit it was declined on 04/10. She did not get an email or any notification that is was cancelled. We just found out about it today when I logged on to get boarding pass and luggage tags. Now Carnival says the cruise is booked completely and all they can do is put them on a cancellation notification. My wife had already booked the airlines and thought she had it all planned out. They are so disappointed. Any advice to get them on that ship would be appreciated. We were on the phone with Carnival for 3 hours and they could not get them on the cruise,

Thanks in advance

They are getting married at home and it looks like they may need to change to a 5 day cruise instead of the one they wanted. The cruise had over 1600 paid on it and when they sent the last payment thru is was declined according to Carnival and then cancelled. They refunded the money and charged 500 penalty.

You “may” be able to get them to cut some slack on the $500 but that 6/25 on Conquest is available with a balcony. I would call customer service and see if they will budge on the $500 but snag that cruise as it will still make a nice honeymoon. Hard lesson learned about making sure final payment goes through before it is due...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No help here but you have my sympathy, that would be a hard situation. Hopefully, it will work out in the end. 2nd thought...I would go to roll call & see if ANYONE is cancelling for their ship week & see if they could do a 3 way call to Carnival.

Anyone have any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

My son is getting married 06/23 and my wife book the Carnival Vista selling on 06/24. Carnival said it was on EZ pay and when the last payment hit it was declined on 04/10. She did not get an email or any notification that is was cancelled. We just found out about it today when I logged on to get boarding pass and luggage tags. Now Carnival says the cruise is booked completely and all they can do is put them on a cancellation notification. My wife had already booked the airlines and thought she had it all planned out. They are so disappointed. Any advice to get them on that ship would be appreciated. We were on the phone with Carnival for 3 hours and they could not get them on the cruise,

Thanks in advance

When balancing her credit card statement, how did she not notice there was no payment made to the cruiseline on April 10?? And in more than the two months since, do you mean to say she never once looked at that booking? That all just sounds odd to me. (And if she purchased even halfway decent trip insurance (hopefully NOT through the cruiseline) she might get part of that $ back.).

My wife has been very busy finishing her Nurse Practitioner degree and working full time as ER RN. Trying to also plan wedding and honeymoon as well as putting up with me. She has been stressed to the max. She passed her boards.:) Carnival has us on the cancel notification list and we have the Conquest booked as a backup. I think it was just an oversight and a lesson learned. My son and future daughter law are not as disappointed as I thought but sure feel bad for the hiccup in the honeymoon.

The responsibility is the passenger they should have been pending on the date of the charge that this proceeded properly. The charges are always on a fixed date and they should be vigilant on that day that their CC was accepted.

If it was an early saver booking and you can find an open cruise to book them on, Carnival will likely apply $400 of thr penalty. Call Carnival and see what they can do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Hopefully, but I'm betting it was past final payment when it got canceled so probably would cost them the $500 deposit unless CCL was nice and feels like giving them a break.

Like you said, call them and see. Nothing to lose.:)

Bill

Exactly why I never do “auto” payments for anything.

Some time ago I received an updated card with extended expiration date. That caused an auto-payment to be declined (I did get it quickly fixed) but NEVER, NEVER again for auto-payments

This is a tough situation and I am sorry. I never book without a travel agent to take care of these things. Something to think about in the future. A good one would have caught this before final payment! Best of luck to you!!,

Hmm... I just looked at the Vista sailing 6/24 and found several available cabins: suite 5233, Havana balcony 5207, Havana premium 6549, OV spa cabin 11202, and interior 8246. You don't say what category the newlyweds are in and some of these are pricey, but if all else fails maybe the interior could work. I wonder why it is showing me availability but they are telling OP that it is sold out?

My wife has been very busy finishing her Nurse Practitioner degree and working full time as ER RN. Trying to also plan wedding and honeymoon as well as putting up with me. She has been stressed to the max. She passed her boards.:) Carnival has us on the cancel notification list and we have the Conquest booked as a backup. I think it was just an oversight and a lesson learned. My son and future daughter law are not as disappointed as I thought but sure feel bad for the hiccup in the honeymoon.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding and your wife's accomplishments!

Having sailed 13 days on Vista and seven days on Conquest (as well as 149 days on 13 other Carnival ships), Conquest is a much better ship, in my opinion.

Best wishes.

I sincerely doubt that part

I also had a cruise cancelled without notification. Luckily I am always on looking for price reductions and noticed. It was Carnivals fault because I was booking with a reduced deposit and traveling Solo. So they only took 1/2 the deposit even when I ask are you sure about that? I insisted and they said no no its ok. So once I saw that I called and they fixed everything.

I also had a cruise cancelled without notification. Luckily I am always on looking for price reductions and noticed. It was Carnivals fault because I was booking with a reduced deposit and traveling Solo. So they only took 1/2 the deposit even when I ask are you sure about that? I insisted and they said no no its ok. So once I saw that I called and they fixed everything.

I had a CSR tell me the same thing and even when I insisted I needed to put full deposit down, she got a little testy and said no I didn’t. I hung up, checked it online and it said I had to put the rest down before midnight. That was the last time I booked not using a PVP.

I'm not familiar with Carnival's EZ Pay Plan, but hearing a cruise was cancelled without notice is scary.

I hope this works out for the newlyweds.

I do agree. Final payment for my upcoming cruise was recently due. About 3-4 weeks before I started receiving (very annoying) emails from carnival. Also my PVP called to remind me about a week before (benefit of having a PVP).

Hope it works out too...sounds like it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All of this is over and done with ... but ... IF there is another cruise ... set an alarm on your cell phone's calendar. About 7 days before the actual 'Final Payment Due' date. This should be a good reminder to pay it yourself.

Curious ... did you get a reason why the payment 'failed' to go through? Was it cruise line's problem? Ran wrong #?