Miami Cruise Port To Ft. Lauderdale Airport

charlielinda

Does anyone know the ease of getting from the Miami port to FLL. We rather not transfer with Celebrity. Are cabs or vans plentiful or should I make a reservation with a private company. Since we don’t know when we’ll be getting of the ship that could cause some timing issues. Thanks for your assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Using Uber of Lyft will save you money and you can expect to pay about $40-$45 for one of their vehicles. A taxi will likely cost you at least $75. There are also some decent transfer services you can find online, but keep in mind that they will use a large van or mini-bus and you will spend extra time waiting for them to fill their vehicle with clients. This can sometimes mean picking up at at least one other pier before they start on their way.

Hank

We used Jiffy Jeff and were very pleased. They called us on the morning of departure to confirm what time we would be getting off and then were in contact as we were waiting outside. No problems at all! We paid $15 pp and were at the airport in plenty of time.

We have used Uber twice worked out just fine. It will take about 30 mins, easy breezy:cool::D

30 Minutes would be an unusual and lucky drive :). Under most normal conditions it is closer to a 45 min drive, and if done on a weekday morning it could easily take an hour. The main road between Ft Lauderdale and Miami is I-95 certainly has its moments...many of which are not very good (and understatement). The alternate Turnpike route is not normally used by taxis or Uber because of the additional cost....although it is a good option when "95" is having a bad day.

Hank

Well Hank I gave my truthful assessment not sure the last time you made the trip but we did in Nov 2017 & April 2018 did the Uber both times It cost about $35 for my husband and I plus tip and it did take 30 mins just like said in addition to saving over $200 on our flights by not flying into nor out of FLL.

I'll say also, SAS is great. We used them last Oct and will again(have reservations) in Sept. We fly in and out of FLL as it is way cheaper for us and they are great communicators.

Great service, but as said don't cut your flight time out of FLL to close traffic can be really, really bad, we book late afternoon out of FLL and then less worries. If you tell Celebrity what time you want off the ship they are good about giving it to you.

I'm another believer in SAS Transport - have used them several times. They were where they said they would be, when they said they would be there, had clean/comfortable vans and friendly drivers. If cruising from MIA and flying out from FLL I would not book a flight earlier than 1230/1pm if you can avoid it just in case any issues crop up no matter what transport mode you use.

Does anyone know the ease of getting from the Miami port to FLL. We rather not transfer with Celebrity. Are cabs or vans plentiful or should I make a reservation with a private company. Since we don’t know when we’ll be getting of the ship that could cause some timing issues. Thanks for your assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please don’t take a taxi. They are the worst in the county in south Florida