Do you have a favorite itinerary?

Prefer the southern Caribbean, especially on B2B cruises.

Currently, the Freedom goes there out of San Juan, Puerto Rico.

By doing a B2B it allows you to visit 10 different islands in 2 weeks.

Aruba is my favorite destination.

Glad to hear that. We have sailed for a long time, always on RC and have had a B2B on the bucket list forever and finally pulled the trigger and booked one for next spring and can't wait. We really like Alaska, and the southern Caribbean routes, but they are all good.

Greek Islands Santorini Mykonos

Followed by

Croatia Dubrovnik Split

Then

Kotor

^ that + Venice.

This +2. My number one sailing of all time.

Serenade did Naples, Malta, Venice (overnight), Dubrovnik and Kotor ... other than Santorini the top 5 ports of call in the Med in my humble opinion... all in one sailing a few years back and never repeated the itinerary. I see Jewel is doing close to this next April (without Venice unfortunately)

Next favorite would the French Polynesia sailing I did this past spring... RCL does not do this itinerary unfortunately.

Of the cruises my husband & I have done I would say our most memorable trip was in 2014 when we flew to Sydney, Australia and did a 13 day NZ, followed 9 days later with the Transpacific then 12 day Hawaii back to Seattle with our daughter and husbands sister. All our cruises have been enjoyable. Most recently was our Copenhagen TA this past September and husbands last.

scorpluvsdolphins

You ask what I do and where to go in Aruba.

The ship docks in the capital,Oranjstad, around 8 a.m. and leaves about 10 p.m.

I'll rent a car (they drive on the right side) and head to Baby Beach in the morning to snorkel, then go the gold mines and sometimes even go sperlunking.

On the way back to the ship I'll stop for lunch at Zeerovers, where the fish are so fresh because they are literally being taken off the boats while you are ordering.

Then I'll head up to the California Lighthouse, the Alto Vista church, the "new" Natural Bridge and the Natural Pool.

Sometimes, I'll go triking and/or go 4 wheeling thru the Arikok National Park.

In the afternoon I'll go to Palm Beach, arguably one of the nicest beaches in the Caribbean. There is always a breeze (think tradewinds) so you don't broil on the beach and the water is picture perfect with gentle ripples.

This area is also called the High Rise section, since all the major hotels are located here.

If you're into kite boarding, this is where it got started.

In the late afternoon I'll return to the ship and get changed for dinner ( dressy casual).

My 2 favorite restaurants are

Blossoms - for Chinese/Japanese/hibachi ( in the high rise section , above the Hardrock Café & diagonally across the street from the Hyatt.

Madame Jennette's - for Dutch caribbean cuisine - located in a suburban division between the low rise and high rise areas.

Make reservations for both restaurants because the are highly popular with both locals and tourists.

There is plenty more there to do, but this is what I do now.

Been doing land vacations there since the 90's when the airport was 1/2 the size of your local Sam's Club and you had to pay $20 a head to get off the island.

Aruba - One Happy Island.

P.S. If you're an American who needs prescription medicine you can save a lot of money. For what I'm prescribed for in the States , which costs $746 for a 3 month supply, I buy in Aruba for $50.

Just bring a hand written prescription.

PPS - Use Trip Advisor for a list of things to do & go.

PC is fine, but after you explored all opportunities like airboats/gator farm, NASA thing... there isn't much to do there, but it is our frequent place to visit.

And it's one of the easiest and most comfortable ports to embark from. :D

Who has done this itinerary? Or do you have another favorite? This is very unlike my typical cruise. I think I'm going to love it!

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/11-night-southern-caribbean-from-fort-lauderdale-on-serenade/SR11D024?sail-date=2019-12-09&currency=USD&wuc=USA&ecid=sl_mdt_shrdln__4645

We are booked on this cruise in March 2020 and are looking forward to a few new ports. But my two most favorite cruises were a British Isles/Norwegian fjords cruise and a Copenhagen to Bayonne transatlantic with stops in Denmark, Norway, Scotland, 4 days in Iceland and a day in Newfoundland.

Who has done this itinerary? Or do you have another favorite? This is very unlike my typical cruise. I think I'm going to love it!

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/itinerary/11-night-southern-caribbean-from-fort-lauderdale-on-serenade/SR11D024?sail-date=2019-12-09&currency=USD&wuc=USA&ecid=sl_mdt_shrdln__4645

We love cruising to Hamilton,Bermuda