Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I was watching the news and not sure if any of you heard but Tony Bennett has

Alzheimer's. 

Love me some Tony Bennett..... sad to hear.. but this is life... the manual sometimes gets it wrong...

Joseph

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

Love me some Tony Bennett..... sad to hear.. but this is life... the manual sometimes gets it wrong...   Joseph

YES!  Sad to hear about Tony Bennett.   Fortunately in 2007 at his age of 81, we were at one of his live performances in Columbus.  He was super superb!!  Totally amazing, memorable experience!!

The winter storms and snow turned out to be "REAL".  Below from AccuWeather and the Daily Mail are some visuals to document the depth of the "hit" from these weather events.  How is J.P in Albany/NY and for others in these affected areas?    Surviving?  It's COLD here with much snow on the ground in Central Ohio.  BUT, the snow looks pretty in our ravine location.  Fortunately, we do not have to be out any today and for the next few days.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

1249609431_ScreenShot2021-02-02at8_20_13AM.thumb.png.45ff96144f1ae5534be43ffa86342fce.png

823686618_ScreenShot2021-02-02at8_21_16AM.thumb.png.69cd7e8150bd43d5f5a6559303145919.png

692405272_ScreenShot2021-02-02at8_26_56AM.thumb.png.268939d8ff57129e591c793b3ae701bf.png

Good morning,  Terry, Tony's voice has always been amazing.🙂. He is also a painter! So

very talented.

Joseph, I love me some Tony Bennett too😀

Propane delivery today, gas logs keeping us extra warm tonight.  Not that long since I traded the wood stove for this soothing contraption.  Looking for, cutting & splitting firewood replaced by watching out the window for the propane truck...time is going by...when do we get to cruise again?  Solitaire may be worth looking into. 

• Like 2

Terry, we were not doubting the existence of snowstorms.  We questioned the graphic that showed Albany NY getting snow on Saturday, when our forecast then was for possible snow on Tuesday.  On Monday, the forecast indicated that we might be in a small window in the storm with lesser accumulation.  In any event, we had about 5 inches total.

We do look at various weather apps, mainly when we want to see the weekend wind forecast before sailing.  We are especially concerned when we are the Race Officers responsible for conducting races.  This involves knowing wind direction and strength, and how those will change with time.  Most stressful is when we are faced with deciding whether the wind is (or will soon be) strong enough to hold a fair race.  It is much easier (and safer) now with cellular radar maps and weather alerts.  Rain just gets you wet, but lightening is not to be trifled with.

We check Accuweather, the National Weather Service, Windy, Sailflow,  Windfinder,  Weather Underground, World Weather Online, and the Weather Channel.  this year we will try to determine which, if any, are more accurate more often.  We are accustomed to arriving at the Lake and finding the wind direction and strength to be totally different from forecasted! 😳

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

142540911_3663263177061143_4202555688147299531_n.jpg.3d1ece73a5d62c3b0b3a81e4d268a5ae.jpg

Have a great safe fun day all!

Thanks, mysty; good to know that I am not the only one - and she even looks a bit like me at present.

I'm having problems trying to get DH and me sorted for vaccination (hoping to have it done at home, as he can't walk well and has other problems, and is over 90), and it is very frustrating, even though our NHS and government are currently doing pretty well in the vaccination rollout.  The good side is that they keep finding things out about how the vaccines work, understandably as it is all so new, and the longer we wait possibly the better it will be!

I have good days and bad days, but trying to make sure the good ones are more frequent, and all your funnies and wise words (from many of you) helps a lot.

Stay safe all,

Lola

• Like 2