Prepaid gratuities - includes what?

LH3

Hi all!

I was curious as to what the prepaid gratuities covers?

Sailing Anthem of the seas

Your stateroom attendants and helpers and your dining staff, including those at the "free" breakfast, lunch, and snack venues.

Hi all!

What Bob said...… but also the same gratuities that will be added daily to you sea pass card if you don't pre pay them. Pre-Paying gratuities doesn't get you anything special...it's just that it's done & paid for before you sail...and won't be added to your sea pass account to be paid at the end of the cruise.

It does NOT include gratuities for drinks you buy.

Hi all!

wait staff in all included venues(MDR, Windjammer, Promenade or Boardwalk eateries, Park Cafe. basically anywhere you can grab a bite to eat that does not cost extra.

and your cabin attendant.

NOT included:

bar staff( they get theirs either when you purchase a drink package , or when you buy a drink individually) this includes specialty coffee purchases or smoothies as well

Specialty dining staff

Concierges

anytime you pay for something( like scoop ice cream) 18% will be added automatically

Room service

Kids Club counselors and Nursery Staff

not sure about Johnny Rockets since I never eat there.

1) Stateroom attendants

2) Dining staff

3) Bar staff

4) Culinary services staff

5) Other hotel services teams

Info located @:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-service-gratuity-expense

Incorrect. Bar staff is covered under a different system. either per purchase, or up front when you buy a drink package.

Bar staff is covered by the added gratuities on drinks or drink package purchases. The other grats cover: cabin attendant, waiters, ass't waiters, and head waiters.

The only thing NOT covered would be room service delivery, if you use it. $1-5 is the common tip amount at time of delivery.

You guys can stop correcting the bar staff. RCCL says it does include them.

The automatic gratuity is $14.50 USD, or $17.50 USD for suite guests, applied to each guest’s SeaPass account on a daily basis. The gratuity applies to individual guests of all ages and stateroom categories. As a way to reward our crew members for their outstanding service, gratuities are shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams who work behind the scenes to enhance the cruise experience.

Bar staff is covered by the added gratuities on drinks or drink package purchases. The other grats cover: cabin attendant, waiters, ass't waiters, and head waiters.

The only thing NOT covered would be room service delivery, if you use it. $1-5 is the common tip amount at time of delivery.

Gratuities for room service are included in the $7.95 fee for room service.

"...gratuities are shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams who work behind the scenes..."

So, that means that if gratuities are included in the drink and dining packages that you're actually paying them twice? (Though this isn't the only cruise line where I'm seeing this happen.)

You guys can stop correcting the bar staff. RCCL says it does include them.

The automatic gratuity is $14.50 USD, or $17.50 USD for suite guests, applied to each guest’s SeaPass account on a daily basis. The gratuity applies to individual guests of all ages and stateroom categories. As a way to reward our crew members for their outstanding service, gratuities are shared among dining, bar & culinary services staff, stateroom attendants and other hotel services teams who work behind the scenes to enhance the cruise experience.

Bar and culinary service staff may share in the automatic $14.50 per person daily gratuities, just like other “hotel service staff “ however I interpret that to mean it includes the staff who stock the bars, bring the big buckets of ice, etc.

You still have to pay 18% gratuity on any individual drink you purchase. If you purchase a drink package you are charged 18% gratuity on the package. These gratuities are not included in your daily billed/prepaid gratuities.

Right, all recent reports point to a real price of $9.38 for room service.
Am sure the staff will love that - would never have dreamed of getting room service without tipping less than $2 per tray, but if Royal reckon that's too much...

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X703F using Forums mobile app

It’s bar services and culinary services. Bar backs, not bar tenders. Culinary services would be the guys back in the kitchen plating, washing dishes and folding napkins so the waitstaff doesn’t have to

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So if the bar backs are included in the auto gratuities that means the guy that hands an overpriced can of soda across a counter to you is getting 18% all to himself for doing close to nothing.

What about this:

"In a significant change to its cruise fare structure, sailings departing from Australia and New Zealand on Royal Caribbean and its premium sister brand Celebrity Cruises will from early next year have gratuities for stateroom / suite attendants and dining room wait staff built into the fare paid by guests.

The move sees the company adapt to the lack of tipping culture in Australia and New Zealand with the move taking effect for new bookings made from 12 December 2016, for cruises sailing from 15 January 2017 and thereafter. The cruise brands say guests will see no change to the currently published cruise prices at any point of sale, from its website, advertising and call centre."

quote from this site:

http://www.cruiseadvice.com.au/2016/12/royal-caribbean-celebrity-cruises-merge-crew-gratuities-fare-prices/

Does this mean there will be no end-of-cruise gratuity charges unless you have purchased specific items or services outside the "included" meals etc.

Edited by lunacruiser
errors

What about this:

"In a significant change to its cruise fare structure, sailings departing from Australia and New Zealand on Royal Caribbean and its premium sister brand Celebrity Cruises will from early next year have gratuities for stateroom / suite attendants and dining room wait staff built into the fare paid by guests.

The move sees the company adapt to the lack of tipping culture in Australia and New Zealand with the move taking effect for new bookings made from 12 December 2016, for cruises sailing from 15 January 2017 and thereafter. The cruise brands say guests will see no change to the currently published cruise prices at any point of sale, from its website, advertising and call centre."

quote from this site:

http://www.cruiseadvice.com.au/2016/12/royal-caribbean-celebrity-cruises-merge-crew-gratuities-fare-prices/

Does this mean there will be no end-of-cruise gratuity charges unless you have purchased specific items or services outside the "included" meals etc.

There will be no end of cruise gratuities at all, because anything that incurs a charge will have it added at the time of purchase.

Question... How do I prepay gratuities? I am brand spanking new to the RCI website, and I can’t seem to find it anywhere when I pull up my reservation. Do I have to call?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Call Royal if you booked directly with them or your travel agent if your booking is with them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app