MamaToMany

Favorite food onboard?

If you had to pick, what’s the absolute best food you’ve eaten on a NCL ship? (I love to talk food, and I’m busy compiling a list of things not to miss!

Observation from our last cruise with NCL:

1. Gent requesting sliced meat ( ie turkey, roast beef) be placed on a bun he cut and prepared with condiments. Quiet brilliant and fresher than coldcuts. Great lunch snack.

Somewhat on topic, I hope :)

My favorite thing would be the Oreo cheesecake in Cagney's, but sadly they have removed it from the Cagney's menu. Every time we cruise, I keep hoping they have returned it to the menu. However, the raspberry creme burlee is very good. We also love the crepe station in the buffet.

Le Bistro's mushroom soup. My husband loves their escargot.

I'm going to go with all of it...if i'm not cooking whatever i'm eating than it's my favorite

For a soup there isn't one that comes within a country mile of the Mushroom in Le Bistro!!

I like the roast lamb in Le Bistro. There are certainly enough good menu items on board to make my cruises enjoyable. However, I live in a small midwestern city not particularly known for its food (Dayton, Ohio). I have not found a dish on NCL that I couldn't find better in my hometown.

I really like the cold fruit soups they have in the buffet.

I also like the real corned beef hash in the morning, also in the buffet.

I know this won’t be everyone but I love the buffet pizza and the crepes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Filet with Gorgonzola crust in La Cucina. I also love any of the souffle desserts in the MDR. Served warm with a sauce to pour in the middle.

Love NCL's buffet pizza, the chocolate lava cake, Haven beef tartare :hearteyes::hearteyes: Favorite restaurant though would have to be Food Republic.

Chocolate lava cake, creme brulee, made to order crepes, truffle fries at Cagney's, mushroom soup at Le Bistro, fish and chips, free ice cream at the buffet.

Okay, not necessarily my favorite, but I do enjoy the orange/chocolate mousse served in the MDR for lunch on embarkation day.

The chicken salad on the buffet. And the pretzel rolls and sticks.

Egg salad is very good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The chicken salad on the buffet. And the pretzel rolls and sticks.

Egg salad is very good too.

I've only seen egg salad sandwiches, is it offered somewhere else as well?

I absolutely love the different types of bread sticks. And I'm not even a bread type person. That and the homemade crepes with just a little jelly or nutella. But not too much.

OK, lots of my favorites have been mentioned but for the sake of originality:

Smoked salmon with capers in Garden Cafe (when I can get it) or the same on the buffet with the suite breakfast in Moderno on the Star,

I don't know about favourite but we were able to have breakfast in the Moderno on one cruise and it was "different" to be able to get a nice, if small, piece of filet for breakfast!!

Does Cagney's (or Moderno, can't remember) still have banana cream pie? DROOL!

Also, the shrimp cocktail in Cagney's is really good.

And, lastly, the fried calamari in La Cucina is the best I've had anywhere.20150913_181230.jpg.2981c6993144b1d972692a8f6c181d82.jpg

20150919_122710.thumb.jpg.9624832ec8254e80b3fbf4d914df2fd4.jpg

20150914_194520.jpg.7b3e2c42eefdd4a86803671e3f585a06.jpg

In Moderno for lunch I always started with double shrimp cocktail (6 prawns) without any sauce. Washed down with a Bushwahcker.

Pretzel rolls !!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So nothing from the MDR, have to go to specialty for a decent meal? Sounds like NCL.

NO. The meals in the MDRs are usually DECENT!! The specialty restaurants have some things that many believe are special and so their favourite.

Chicken wings in O'Sheehan's (or the equivalent, can sit there for hours, ordering nothing but drinks and chicken wings, lol,) and Sliders on the appetizer menu in the Main Dining Room.

My favorite thing would be the Oreo cheesecake in Cagney's, but sadly they have removed it from the Cagney's menu. Every time we cruise, I keep hoping they have returned it to the menu. However, the raspberry creme burlee is very good. We also love the crepe station in the buffet.

A couple of quick questions:

• Is the Crepe Station for breakfast, lunch or both?
  • Do they have both sweet & savory crepes?

Thanks -- Von

A couple of quick questions:

•  
  • Is the Crepe Station for breakfast, lunch or both?

• Do they have both sweet & savory crepes?

Thanks -- Von

I’ve seen the crepe station mainly at dinner or late night. (May have been at lunch but I was more interested in the pasta station!) It’s only been sweet ones I’ve had but they may have had cheese etc. (Otherwise get a plain one and find the savoury fillings and fill it yourself perhaps from the buffet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow, hard to say: for anyone who thinks you have to go to specialty dining room to get anything decent, you don't understand the question: it has nothing to do with decent, but the FAVORITE. I would hope, most of us would find our favorites being served in specialty dining rooms for heavens sake.

For me: I would say the cheese biscuits in Modernos: the Fondue in Le Bistro: and yes, the chicken wings in O'Sheehan's. More than the best ever, I am just a chicken wing addict.