The price of the Deluxe Beverage Package just got another notch

ditmar2007

I’m fairly sure that I am going to wing it too and not buy a beverage package .. $56 a day is more than I can drink for 7 days...I might hit it on a day or two, but never all 7...our last cruise it went down to $39 which was totally worth it for the bottled water alone, but that’s it.

The coffee card will help me out..and we are driving to port so I can pick up 2 bottles of wine to bring with me as well (with the package we don’t bother). If the 10 drink punch card shows up at a good value towards the end of the week - even better!

The trick will be giving myself permission to spend money on board without the package...I tend to be somewhat frugal in those moments and I will need to remember that this IS vacation and I do have funds allocated for this - so if I want a latte or a smoothie or a pina colada or mambo taxi I can just buy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point same exact plan and mental gymnastics to splurge on drinks onboard. LOL

Coffee card purchase on board if a decent drinks package price doesn't appear.

Look for the drinks card later in cruise as that's when our short port (5pm) and sail days are anyway.

"Splurge" on a drink or two if no other option presents itself.

I really think they are bordering on losing a good amount of drink package patrons with these prices. They're no longer in the "close enough to make it worth it" category. They've now entered "I wouldn't even come close to break even" category.

The two I have booked that I had not bought a package for went up today as well :( Booo! $59 (supposedly 10%off) on Empress to Cuba $50. What I did notice if that the combo internet package made up for the difference? Liberty next month is on sale for $45 20%0ff, was $42 last week but we got it a while ago on a sale for $41 :)

BonVoyage

Dawna

My Empress sailing in December has ranged from $47 to $50 per day. Today it's $50, not showing as any % off from the prices onboard.

I agree that some of the prices are getting out of hand. I would prefer to have the package so I can relax and not think about the prices onboard. But the current price for our 7 day cruise would be $1,040.76 total for the two of us with the gratuity added in!

Now I will be on a mission to spend less than that onboard. I can live without the special coffee drinks and we don’t drink soda, so I have to believe our bar bill will be less than that. I guess the upside will be fewer mornings hungover.

Also there often seems to be a disconnect between a sale price change and a banner appearing indicating it's a sale. I also think there might be a wording change going on I had noted before. Is "Deluxe Package Special Offer" always how it's titled in the listing? I was think there might be a "sale" with a banner and then sometimes a "special offer" price that's not promoted as part of an overall sale.

We're on Ovation of the Seas to Alaska 11 nights May 2019. Drinks package was £36.42 now £37.92.

It has increased again now £39.50 didn't realise that the 18% was in top of the price , so that would work out at £46.61 x 11 £512.71= with the exchange rate approx $60.60 per day. I'll see if I can purchase it for hubby as I don't drink much and don't drink coke or soda.

It has increased again now £39.50 didn't realise that the 18% was in top of the price , so that would work out at £46.61 x 11 £512.71= with the exchange rate approx $60.60 per day. I'll see if I can purchase it for hubby as I don't drink much and don't drink coke or soda.

It’s trying to remember to look at the cruise planner every day that I struggle with. Hoping there some sort of Black Friday or New Years sale on that’ll make it drop a little!

I believe the gratuity is already in the advertised price of beverage packages in the UK web site, isn't it?

Our Canadian Anthem cruise next week has fluctuated between $39 and $45 plus tips. Wonder if it depends on how many they have sold and their historic data for sales on this itinerary?

Our itinerary is Bermuda and Boston in April. It seems like they’re having increases across the board right now. I’m glad we paid the $44 when we did.

For our cruise in Feb on the Symphony, total was $925 for two. It’s a bit much for us. Around $40-45 per day is worth it for us given that my hubby drinks 10 waters a day in addition to every thing else. Hopefully the prices come down a little. Will check Black Friday. Fingers crossed.

Actually dose anyone know if you can apply the cost of the soda package towards the Deluxe package? We have a Boardwalk Balcony and get the soda one already and wonder if it could help defray the cost??? I am assuming no but hey..it’s worth a shot:)

Actually dose anyone know if you can apply the cost of the soda package towards the Deluxe package? We have a Boardwalk Balcony and get the soda one already and wonder if it could help defray the cost??? I am assuming no but hey..it’s worth a shot:)

Since you didn’t actually pay for the soda package there is nothing to subtract from the Deluxe package. It’s built into the price but what was the price used? They aren’t going to tell you how little it actually cost so I would say you are out of luck.

No, they won't give any consideration for that to buy up to another package (And if you can't do it in advance, there's little point to doing it on the ship because they'd deduct the $8.50/day from the onboard price and it'd cost you more per day than to just buy it in advance and not worry about a credit for the soda package). But since mere physical presence of the cup is all it takes to use it at a machine, if someone doesn't mind not being able to go to a bar to get a soda (since they usually want to see your SeaPass card, which theirs would be missing the Coke Freestyle logo or drink package sticker), you could make some folks on the cruise really happy by giving them your Coke Freestyle cups. :)

I believe the gratuity is already in the advertised price of beverage packages in the UK web site, isn't it?

No, it wasn't when I went to checkout as a test, it added it on. Ended up phoning RC instead as it wouldn't let me just add one beverage package on, it wanted to add both, bought it for Hubby and I have the Soda Package which in itself it expensive enough but will cover me for coffees, teas, non alcoholic cocktails, orange juice etc!!

If the price drops I can cancel the beverage package and buy it again, can't see that happening. Pity it doesn't apply to the cruise itself here in the UK once we pay our deposit that is it, we cannot avail of a price drop!! Unless, it is worth it to cancel the cruise, forfeit the deposit and rebook at a lower price.

Whats most interesting is the difference across the ships, at the same time having different prices.

I just booked a 7 nite nov 2018 cruise on anthem, drink price $45, while my 12 nite grandeur april 2019 drink price is $50.

Are they serving better burbon on grandeur??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk