Does the Apple Store Celebrity (Reflection) sell bluetooth ear buds / AirPods?

A Sixth?

Thanks everybody. I remember Beats and JBL headsets products and thought they had a few earbuds from those makers but can't recall AirPods ever either....

FWIW. In addition to free packages being included already I almost always have sooo much OBC rather than buy another shirt I don't need or take an island tour that "I" could give I usually buy a new iPad or electronic toy(s) from the Apple store onboard. Forget saving the sales tax, for me they're FREE!!!! :cool:

My guess is that the difficulties in restocking items when the ship is in Europe may be coming into play.

I attempted to purchase an Ipad in May this year sailing from Miami...on the first day of the cruise when the Apple store opened onboard...sorry, we don`t have any in stock

• 3 weeks later...

We bought an iPad on our Bermuda cruise in July. Bought it because we needed a new one and had a lot of OBC so it was a good deal for us. Got home, tried to facetime the grandchildren and no one could hear us. Went to the local Apple store, they checked it said the microphone was bad and gave us a brand new one. Did not even ask for the receipt so Celebrity had to have registered it properly with Apple when we bought it.

Right now Costco has those Ear Buds that is a little less than the retail price.

I found most times in the ILounge the merchandise they sell is not a bargain compared to stores like Best Buy. Most times their stuff is not the latest model and or has been discontinued. I bought a noise cancelling Beats Head set. On board it was $229. Checking the price at Best Buy it was $179. They were discounted because a new model was out. I bought them because I had a ton of SBC and needed to spend it. I think the stores on board are all aware of the excessive amount of non refundable SBC that the passengers have and know that they don’t have to discount or reduce their prices.

Don’t expect any bargains or a large selection. Long gone are the days when you could “steal” stuff from the seller. The worm has turned and most times the sellers are taking advantage of the gullible buyer. Especially in the Caribbean and Mexican cruise ports.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Let me share what happened to me, and I will let all of you determine what it means because I sure don’t know. We we onboard the eclipse a couple of years ago and had a ton of OBC. We wanted 2 iPads but they only had 1 that had more memory than we needed. My DW had the brilliant idea to by the 1 with the extra memory and an iPad mini and we would just exchange them for the items we wanted when we returned home. We told the rep in the ilounge what our plan was and he said that we would not be able to do that. My DW is very persuasive so she decided to do it anyways. We were joking around with the rep and told him that was our final decision and he said let’s stand in front of the surveillance camera and let me go on record that you will not be able to exchange these items, which we did. When we returned home my DW went to the apple store with the unopened boxes and the receipt and she was told that these items could not be exchanged. Not sure what the explanation was but the story ends with us having an iPad with more memory than we needed and my son getting an iPad mini.

NAYRB, if I went to Best Buy and bought two iPads and then tried to exchange them at my local Apple Store I bet the answer would be no....Best Buy is an authorized Apple reseller but why would Apple exchange a purchase made at another retailer? Think about it that way.

Here in Montreal. I had bought an iPhone 8 on eBay for 2/3rd regular price and a few months after using it one of the mics failed. I took it to the local Apple store where they confirmed that the mic was toast and they handed me a new one.

Same visit I brought in a five year old track pad for my iMac and they offered me a replacement for less than half of the new price (though it was the same older model but 1/3 the price of the latest greatest)

Let me share what happened to me, and I will let all of you determine what it means because I sure don’t know. We we onboard the eclipse a couple of years ago and had a ton of OBC. We wanted 2 iPads but they only had 1 that had more memory than we needed. My DW had the brilliant idea to by the 1 with the extra memory and an iPad mini and we would just exchange them for the items we wanted when we returned home. We told the rep in the ilounge what our plan was and he said that we would not be able to do that. My DW is very persuasive so she decided to do it anyways. We were joking around with the rep and told him that was our final decision and he said let’s stand in front of the surveillance camera and let me go on record that you will not be able to exchange these items, which we did. When we returned home my DW went to the apple store with the unopened boxes and the receipt and she was told that these items could not be exchanged. Not sure what the explanation was but the story ends with us having an iPad with more memory than we needed and my son getting an iPad mini.

Simple. Not hard to understand. You could not exchange it because you did not buy it from Apple. The iLounge store is an authorized reseller, they are not owned by Apple, not an Apple store. It is like if I bought a pair of Levis at Lord and Taylor, I could not take them to Macy's which sells the same Levi's and exchange them for another size.

If there is a defect, like the bad mic someone mentioned and the item is under warranty the Apple Stores or Apple online will honor the warranty if the product was sold by an authorized retailer. They can tell by the serial number even if you don't have the reciept.

Simple. Not hard to understand. You could not exchange it because you did not buy it from Apple. The iLounge store is an authorized reseller, they are not owned by Apple, not an Apple store. It is like if I bought a pair of Levis at Lord and Taylor, I could not take them to Macy's which sells the same Levi's and exchange them for another size.

If there is a defect, like the bad mic someone mentioned and the item is under warranty the Apple Stores or Apple online will honor the warranty if the product was sold by an authorized retailer. They can tell by the serial number even if you don't have the reciept.

The other thing is that a few cruises ago I acquired five 10.5 iPad pros and wanted to exchange one for the larger screen model... nope, the Apple store couldn't do it BUT if I wanted to exchange my older iPad Pro 9.5 model they would credit it's trade in value to the purchase of the new one. No trade in's on current models accepted.

Again, I am not saving sales taxes I am using my ample OBC to get stuff for no charge at all. That's one of the reasons we ONLY cruise Celebrity these days.... :cool: