Anyone interested in Navigator live review after the refurb?

On 10/8/2018 at 5:39 PM, George C said:

I was told that the Concierge Lounge will become a Suite Lounge and be located on Deck 14. The area on Deck 9 where the current CL is located is to become cabins.

Thanks, hope they keep Izumi , had dinner there several times

If they follow the same Royal Amplified as Mariner, Izumi will move from 14 where Suite Lounge will be to deck 4 where Giovanni's is. Jamie's Italian and Chops will both be in the front sides of the Windjammer. According to my cruise planner for April 12, all 3 are available for purchase. 

To the OP, I'd LOVE to see a live review of your sailing...very interested to see if they do stick with the exact amplifications as Mariner, since she will be replacing her for short Bahamas runs. And because I'm sailing that itinerary in April.

Guess we'll have to wait for awhile, but yes would love to read your review.  We have Navigator booked for end of August.  Last summer we went on Mariner (which was amazing), and with the refurb of both ships, they seem very similar.  Sabor is listed on Navigator (which is not on Mariner).  Otherwise they seem the same.  The cruise planner has Jamie's for booking so I assume that Giovanni's is being replaced with Jamies Italien?

Edited by LuCruise

22 minutes ago, cot427 said:

If they follow the same Royal Amplified as Mariner, Izumi will move from 14 where Suite Lounge will be to deck 4 where Giovanni's is. Jamie's Italian and Chops will both be in the front sides of the Windjammer. According to my cruise planner for April 12, all 3 are available for purchase. 

Sabor is currently on Deck 4 across from the Schooner Bar. Chops and Giovanni's are currently on the front sides of the Windjammer. I would guess that they will just change Giovanni's to Jamie's Italian. Looks like Izumi is replacing Sabor since Sabor is not included on my Cruise Planner. 

17 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Guess we'll have to wait for awhile, but yes would love to read your review.  We have Navigator booked for end of August.  Last summer we went on Mariner (which was amazing), and with the refurb of both ships, they seem very similar.  Sabor is listed on Navigator (which is not on Mariner).  Otherwise they seem the same.  The cruise planner has Jamie's for booking so I assume that Giovanni's is being replaced with Jamies Italien?

We were hoping that Navigator would have Hooked, but since it's not on our Cruise Planner that doesn't seem to be the case. 

1 minute ago, lr657 said:

Sabor is currently on Deck 4 across from the Schooner Bar. Chops and Giovanni's are currently on the front sides of the Windjammer. I would guess that they will just change Giovanni's to Jamie's Italian. Looks like Izumi is replacing Sabor since Sabor is not included on my Cruise Planner. 

We were hoping that Navigator would have Hooked, but since it's not on our Cruise Planner that doesn't seem to be the case. 

That's what I meant! Sorry, I was thinking of Explorer, since I was just on her two weeks ago. Giovannis is deck 4 on that ship and there is only Chops on 11. So yes, I would agree, Izumi to deck 4 to replace Sabor and Jamie's to replace Giovannis on 11 and keep Chops where it is. 

I'm wondering if they will add the boardwalk dog house to outside on deck 11. It seems Mariner already had it pre-amplification? 

Also on Navigator's ship page, definitely looks like she's getting the two new bar concepts, Playmakers and Bamboo Room, as well as slides, bungee and laser tag. 

I think that Hooked is for Freedom class. They have that extra space on the pool deck where they used to have the Smoothie Bar or whatever it was in the corner by H2O Zone/Splashaway Bay.

There are many people here that enjoy live threads.  For the simple fact that many of us like living vicariously through the writer while on a cruise, the more updates, the betters, especially with pictures.

That being said, I will probably do my own live thread upcoming in November.  It will be a great way to see how the ship is before, and then after the refurb.  I did one in April on my Grandeur cruise and got about 20K views, which was pretty impressive for my first live thread.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We'll be on the next 9 night.  If you get a chance, these are a couple of things I'm interested in:

What late night food options are there?

• When does Playmakers stop serving food?
  • Does the Windjammer have a late night snack area?
  • Are they offering anything late at the Lime and Coconut?

How do they handle the sign up for Laser Tag?  Is there a cost?

Are there Coke Freestyle machines?

Do the rooms look refurbed?

Does either Royal App work on the ship now?

THANK YOU in advance.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

Yes I would love a live review!!! We just booked the ABC in April...just a quick question are they getting rid of the ice rink for the laser tag or will it now have both the rink and the laser tag?

Thanks!

Pretty sure they will continue the ice shows, maybe more limited free skate times though, as they will cover the ice for laser tag and have to blow up the blockades, etc. 

Still excited for this "live" cruise!! Also interested in The Fun Researcher's questions and also, more info about the Bamboo Room...all has been quiet about that bar from Mariner. 

3 hours ago, hmolloy29 said:

*following* If you live post, will you please post the link to the new thread here? I'm considering an ABC cruise on Navigator for next year, and I'm eager to know more. 

I will probably just carry on the review from this thread. If not, I'll be sure to link the new one! 

28 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We'll be on the next 9 night.  If you get a chance, these are a couple of things I'm interested in:

What late night food options are there?

• When does Playmakers stop serving food?
  • Does the Windjammer have a late night snack area?
  • Are they offering anything late at the Lime and Coconut?

How do they handle the sign up for Laser Tag?  Is there a cost?

Are there Coke Freestyle machines?

Do the rooms look refurbed?

Does either Royal App work on the ship now?

THANK YOU in advance.

Dan

I will try and find these out for you. 🙂 

So far, word on the street is there are no Coke Freestyle machines much to my disappointment as I kinda like them. 

I will be sure to find out about late night snacks, while on holiday I do love a good late night snack, plus we have the deluxe drinks package for the first time ever so late night snacks are definitely my thing as alcohol makes me hungry. 

• Like 2

Very much looking forward to reading reviews (live or otherwise) from those of you sailing soon after the refurb... With lots of photos please 🙂 I'm sailing on her in April.

Edited by CazV

Will definitely look for your review. We are on the March 15 sailing and would really like to see what the kids pool/play area looks like in reality. My 7 year old is looking forward to that (not the slides though, she is terrified of those). Thanks!

On 10/17/2018 at 1:56 PM, lr657 said:

Hooked was supposed to be going on Deck 4. Not showing in my Cruise Planner either though so maybe they changed the plan.

27 minutes ago, CazV said:

Hooked was supposed to be going on Deck 4. Not showing in my Cruise Planner either though so maybe they changed the plan.

Well then add that to my list of things to know :)

If Hooked isn't onboard then I will be cancelling at least part of our dining package.

37 minutes ago, CazV said:

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Well then add that to my list of things to know :)

If Hooked isn't onboard then I will be cancelling at least part of our dining package.

It's there.  Just grabbed this from the Royal Caribbean website:

Deck 4 across from the Schooner bar (where Sabor used to be I believe)

Hooked.JPG

Edited by The Fun Researcher
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mommao729 said:

Yes! I will be on the April 12th 9 night abc cruise. Would love that. 

We will be on that cruise too..are you traveling with kids? We are with our 9 year old girl, 7 year old son, and 2 year old son.  My older two love meeting friends in adventure ocean!!!!!!  

I would also love to know requirements for the new water slides..just b/c they are two new ones to the cruise line..i am hoping they are the 48 inch requirement b/c my 7 year old is 49 inches!!!!!