Luggage

Janflap

Most times our luggage arrives while we are at lifeboat drill -- even though we stay in the Pinnacle Suite on HAL (highest category) and luggage is marked "priority"  which means nothing.  We have to try and get things done before we leave for dinner at 5:30.  

But one time we were among the very few to get our luggage by 11 PM!!!  Maiden Voyage of the original Star Princess -- we were scheduled to be on Sitmar and Princess had bought them out -- 1989.  The majority of the crew had never worked on a ship before.  Oh the stories I could tell you about this cruise.  But back to luggage.  The staff down in the hold thought it would be better to wait until ALL the luggage was loaded onto the ship.  The piles of luggage got higher and higher and higher.  It was a 14 day cruise out of San Francisco to Alaska and back.  The majority of the people had lots of luggage -- we had checked in 4 suitcases.  There were hundreds of suitcases when the staff knew they were in trouble and called for help to start to deliver the luggage.  But alas -- there were no spare people to help them.  The front office was swarmed with calls.  Eventually extra help was sent but it took all night to deliver all the luggage.

The latest for 1 of our bags was around 8:30pm. Everything else arrived just before sail-away....I was actually unpacking, when I realized we were moving!!   The earliest, the bags were IN our cabin before WE got there!!!

It really depends where in the pile of bags yours happens to land!

The latest was 11:00 pm.  This was after we had visited the Passenger Service Desk to report the luggage not delivered.  And, we had not received any phone calls to come to the naughty room.

No information was provided as to why the late delivery.  We just found it out side the door to our room when we heard the noise of the delivery.  No knock on the door.   By the time we opened the door, staff was gone .

Only thing we figured happened, it was delivered to the wrong cabin and someone finally reported that it was not their suitcase and someone picked it up and delivered it to our cabin. 

Bob

5 hours ago, cb at sea said:

The latest for 1 of our bags was around 8:30pm. Everything else arrived just before sail-away....I was actually unpacking, when I realized we were moving!!   The earliest, the bags were IN our cabin before WE got there!!!

It really depends where in the pile of bags yours happens to land!

Yep a couple of times they’ve beat us to our cabin.

love when that happens.