Coffee Card - FYI

Mikew0805

13 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

“There's a sucker born every minute.” 
 Michael Bayley

Yes, Can hear that coming out of any Company. How many years it takes to learn life experiences.. I try to instill it in my Kids and now Grand Children... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Well thanks for your opinion, just as important as everyones...

It was not meant to be rude, we are not talking about nickel-and-diming here. Your post insinuated that we should be okay with being scammed since cruising was cheaper than it was 30 years ago. 

How one can be okay with that is beyond me...

4 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

It was not meant to be rude, we are not talking about nickel-and-diming here. Your post insinuated that we should be okay with being scammed since cruising was cheaper than it was 30 years ago. 

How one can be okay with that is beyond me...

No problem, understand. Managed Restaurants and Bars from 1982-1996, at least Royal should be consistent with rules/policy's 100% of the time.....

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I was getting off the elevator on Anthem with a young lady and mentioned I was on my way to the Diamond Lounge to get my double espresso eye opener.  She mentioned that she was just going over to Starbucks (which was on the way) because it was free.  I said, Free???  She said, yes, I purchased a coffee card.  :classic_dry:

Boy is she going to be disappointed lol

21 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Yeah.. either your not understanding our gripe, or you don't care and just take pity on the poor little billion dollar corporation.

We ARE making a choice based on what they advertise it as. Then AFTER we pay, they are changing the product that they sold us. If you are okay with handing money over for one product, and getting something different... good for you. I, on the other hand will not be taken advantage of, and the results of my interaction with the beverage managers proves that to be true. 🙄

False advertising is not good business practice.

13 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I was getting off the elevator on Anthem with a young lady and mentioned I was on my way to the Diamond Lounge to get my double espresso eye opener.  She mentioned that she was just going over to Starbucks (which was on the way) because it was free.  I said, Free???  She said, yes, I purchased a coffee card.  :classic_dry:

Maybe she purchased a starbucks gift card . lol

16 hours ago, Wine-O said:

This is the mentality that allows Royal Caribbean to get away with the marketing tactics that they use.

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

This is the mentality that allows Royal Caribbean to get away with the marketing tactics that they use.

You guys are so funny.

It is sad to not stand by one's initial offering as stated boldly in the advertisement where you purchase a coffee select card.

It is wrong and unethical no excuses, and must be challenged in a manner that will  result in change. Which should be corporate customer relations i imagine. This is no way trivial. I think that after so many complaints they will set the standard either change advertisement on the cruise planner where product is purchased or they will comply to the initial advertisement. They have been made aware of the problem. A sign in the promanade is unaceptable as it is not where most cards are purchased. I have purchased mine on the cruise planner and expect them to honor the advertisement as implied. ANY SPECIALITY COFFEE and 15 of them.

• 1 month later...

I had no luck searching for one of the several coffee card threads so here's another. FYI: i am currently on the Anthem New Years sailing and just learned Miami has advised Anthem that we can no longer get frappes using our coffee cards. When I asked how many punches for one on this ship (I have been charged one on some ships and two on others), I was told I cannot get one for any amount of punches and I would have to charge it to my Seapass card. Odd since the price of the frappe was virtually the same as the small caramel latte that I can get for one punch.

• 1 month later...

Asking for daughter  - does the Coffee Select Card  include ordering hot chocolate at Cafe Latte-Tudes?  

Not the envelope in hot water, but the chocolate made with steamed milk 

thanks!

Edited by BSocial

On Oasis back in '17, it was one-per, regardless of drink.  

I think what RCCL is missing is that the card almost certainly makes them a lot of income that they wouldn't collect otherwise.  I would never buy two coffee drinks every morning (one for wife, one for me) on a 7 night cruise but I was able to rationalize buying the card based on relatively low out of pocket expense and the value it gave us (a nice beverage every morning is a decent little treat.)

If they're no longer honoring their own stated rules of the card then we'll just go back to drinking the freebie coffee.  We don't drink lattes every morning at home, so we've got no addiction that we have to feed on the cruise.  So that just becomes $30 less that RCCL gets from us.

• Like 3

I just got off Symphony from back to back eastern and western cruises. I brought my coffee card from my last cruise on Serenade. I had no problem using it and we were charged one punch per beverage. I got a small and my husband got a large every day and it "cost" 2 punches. I bought a new card that has not been used up and will bring that onto my Anthem cruise in July.

Denise

• 5 months later...

seranade was great they let you you get any speciality coffee as advertised and the manager or the head barista was so nice he couldn't do enough for you. and some people were crabby to him. i just shook my head i wanted to say something but i felt like it would ruin my mood. i always got frappi with whipped topping and chocolate drizzle they were awesome.

On 2/9/2019 at 8:39 AM, irun5k said:

On Oasis back in '17, it was one-per, regardless of drink.  

I think what RCCL is missing is that the card almost certainly makes them a lot of income that they wouldn't collect otherwise.  I would never buy two coffee drinks every morning (one for wife, one for me) on a 7 night cruise but I was able to rationalize buying the card based on relatively low out of pocket expense and the value it gave us (a nice beverage every morning is a decent little treat.)

If they're no longer honoring their own stated rules of the card then we'll just go back to drinking the freebie coffee.  We don't drink lattes every morning at home, so we've got no addiction that we have to feed on the cruise.  So that just becomes $30 less that RCCL gets from us.

This is exactly what I told them when I asked for clarification in the "how many punches per coffee" email I sent them before my last cruise.

Before their shenanigans - 2 coffee cards in my cruise planner basket

After their shenanigans - 0 coffee cards in my cruise planner basket, and 0 paid for specialty coffee's on my cruise.

We finally decided to purchase the coffee card on our recent cruise and felt it was a good deal since DW only gets one shot of espresso per drink. There was mention of size limits. However, this time around I noticed when I bought the card for next year's cruise to the Baltic, there's a $5.00 "service fee" added to the card; didn't notice this before. To me, that's just more ridiculous nickel and diming of customers.

On a side note, one day I got a bit adventurous....took DW's empty plastic cup, went and got a cup of regular coffee, put ice in it, then got a vanilla cone....stirred it up....BAM! That was my FREE coffee drink....and it was awesome....

Edited by johnjen

16 hours ago, johnjen said:

We finally decided to purchase the coffee card on our recent cruise and felt it was a good deal since DW only gets one shot of espresso per drink. There was mention of size limits. However, this time around I noticed when I bought the card for next year's cruise to the Baltic, there's a $5.00 "service fee" added to the card; didn't notice this before. To me, that's just more ridiculous nickel and diming of customers.

On a side note, one day I got a bit adventurous....took DW's empty plastic cup, went and got a cup of regular coffee, put ice in it, then got a vanilla cone....stirred it up....BAM! That was my FREE coffee drink....and it was awesome....

Your so funny. They usually charge a fee that includes tips. 31.00 for card and then after graits it comes to 37. something.Still a great deal and you would pay graits anyway. 

• Thanks 1