AMEX Offer...It's Back!

AryMay

The American Express offer is back...spend $500 for any Carnival Corporation branded cruise and get a $100 statement credit. Offer is good until March 31, 2019.

image.png.fd5842a5918ed3a99ef10da913f1a0fa.png

You have to go to your online account and add the offer. So far the offer is only showing up on our Blue Cash Everyday card but I will keep checking in case it is offered on either our Delta or Hilton AMEX cards. 

This offer (or one similar) seems to show up a couple of times a year. We were able to save $900 on our upcoming South America cruise by making payments with different cards.

I just saw this too, but are already paid in full (and booked through Costco). 

Can I take advantage of this by purchasing on board credit and then just cashing out the on board credit at the end of the cruise?

Or does it still work to use onboard credit to load a poker pro account and then use that to convert to cash?

All though we have AMX credit cards ,we prefer to book using our  Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card ;because we then get Free trip cancellation & free trip interruption insurance + baggage insurance  .We save really big with not having to buy the insurance  . Chase covers us up to a $10000 .00 each trip cost . all we then buy is a supplemental medical & medical evacuation policy at $91  . We are  79 & 80  ,so trip insurance is rather costly with out the Chase  trip insurance benefit .We now can cruise more often :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, scottee said:

Can I take advantage of this by purchasing on board credit and then just cashing out the on board credit at the end of the cruise?

Doesn’t sound like it. Fine print says “statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.”

42 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

Thank you for providing the link.  I was able to add it to my Delta Gold Amex card. 

Just curious if anyone has been able to add it to more than one card? I was able to add the offer to both (mine and my husband's) Blue Cash cards. When I tried to use the link above to add it to our Delta AMEX it looked like it was going to work but then I got a message saying "sorry you have already added this to one of your cards." 

18 minutes ago, AryMay said:

Just curious if anyone has been able to add it to more than one card? I was able to add the offer to both (mine and my husband's) Blue Cash cards. When I tried to use the link above to add it to our Delta AMEX it looked like it was going to work but then I got a message saying "sorry you have already added this to one of your cards." 

Their system will allow you to add it to one card per person.   When a person tries to add it to more than one of their cards, the message you saw shows up and the offer cannot be added.  This doesn't just happen with this particular offer. It can happen with something as small as $5 off $20 at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.  They'll sometimes let you double up on 2x points offers, but that's about it.

42 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Their system will allow you to add it to one card per person.   When a person tries to add it to more than one of their cards, the message you saw shows up and the offer cannot be added.  This doesn't just happen with this particular offer. It can happen with something as small as $5 off $20 at Five Guys Burgers & Fries.  They'll sometimes let you double up on 2x points offers, but that's about it.

This is different than before. On a past offer I was able to add it to our three different cards (with 2 cards per account) for a total of 6 offers. 

2 hours ago, lvz2cruz said:

I paid in full yesterday. Do you think I can use it for onboard account?  

I used the offer on our Holland America cruise last summer, and then when the offer came up again, I used it to buy onboard credit before the cruise and received the $100 credit on my card.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boulders said:

Interesting. My offer is for 10000 Membership Rewards points with a $500 spend. 

Don't quite understand why Amex elects to give $100 cash rebate to some and 10k reward points to others? It's the same promo. Why the different treatments?

2 hours ago, lvz2cruz said:

I paid in full yesterday. Do you think I can use it for onboard account?  

Call your TA or PCC and ask them to purchase OBC through their reservation system.  The charge will show up as Holland America Res on your Amex and it will trigger the offer.  If you buy it any other way it will post as Holland America Web and you won’t get it.

1 hour ago, AryMay said:

This is different than before. On a past offer I was able to add it to our three different cards (with 2 cards per account) for a total of 6 offers. 

Did you remember to use different logins for each card?