Has NCL offered OBC as a perk lately?

MusterDrill55

9 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

TAs are giving OBC

I know TAs offer it sometimes, but I'm asking about the OBC that NCL used to offer on a seemingly routine basis. I saw it offered a lot last year, took good advantage of it. But I haven't seen it in months. 

They were offering up to a $500 on board credit through September 30, 2018.   Then switched to the nearly worthless free airfare or wifi package.   They keep suggesting that the airfare promo will die as it should but they keep extending the turd.   Only OBC since September have generally been select Insider Latitude cruises of modest amounts.    

Free at Sea wifi packages can be upgraded to unlimited at a good rate.   One has no control over when and where one flies for Free Air Fare, plus additional guests in the cabin are charged an outrageous markup negating any savings for the first two guests, then they charge for another markup for the airport transfers.

I bet their systems will crash the moment they offer another significant OBC, there is a likely a lot of pend up demand from value travlers that have been watching and are just as confused as to why they are not emulating prior years OBC offerings in their promotion cycle.

Good luck.

2 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

"BUT" still CAN'T use that type of OBC for payment of the DSC !

I thought you could use the $100 Past Guest OBC for anything, even refund the amount you don't use.  The other $100 Free On Board Spending can only be used on board.  

30 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

I thought you could use the $100 Past Guest OBC for anything, even refund the amount you don't use.  The other $100 Free On Board Spending can only be used on board.  

There is two types of onboard credit: refundable and non-refundable
Refundable on board credit is something you buy or it might be gifted to you by your travel agent
Non refundable onboard credit is something you DO not buy and it given to you as a promotional perk like the past guest obc, wave sale obc or it is gifted to you by your travel agent.

If you have a travel agent, find out if their credit is refundable or non refundable

A general rule of thumb with onboard credit..refundable obc can be used for DSC, non refundable obc can not be used for DSC.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, Nola26 said:

$100 OBC for Christmas cruise next month for an inside cabin.

I would like to know if NCL still gives out christmas OBC...I am thinking about taking a last minute cruise on the ncl gem december 15th of this coming year....I am a platitum member with ncl..and have taken two other cruises near to the christmas holiday and always had gotten $100 OBC...