RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, ace1zoe2 said:

No. However, within 30 days of sailing you can go to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade and enter your information to see if you can bid. We did not receive an offer in February but bid and won. For April we got an offer but chose to keep our existing room on a smaller ship with no real suite benefits.

You can actually try earlier than 30 days. It came up for me at 90 days for my May Harmony cruise. 

Question for those of you following this thread for a while, since I don't recall anyone asking:

For a given sailing do RoyalUP wins all occur at once on the same day, or can they be awarded at various times of the day or even over several days?

We had several folks on our upcoming cruise receive confirmation of winning bids earlier today, yet my RoyalUp bids all still show Pending (not Expired) and are available to Modify or Cancel.

Just wondering if there's still hope to win one of my bids or not...

Just now, Ready2SailAway said:

Just wondering if there's still hope to win one of my bids or not...

I think most reports seem to indicate most wins coming fairly close together (a couple of days?), but just about anything is possible with Royal Up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think most reports seem to indicate most wins coming fairly close together (a couple of days?), but just about anything is possible with Royal Up.

OK thanks - I'll report back with an update on this scenario...

Edited by Ready2SailAway

Sailing Harmony ots on Apr 17, recd email today - went fr stndrd bal (connecting) to large bal non-connect.  70 pp.  what’s interesting, upgrade email indicates certain ships can have upgrade bid accepted if already on board- glad I didn’t have to wait…

CONGRATULATIONS!
Hi ICE,

Your RoyalUp bid for a stateroom upgrade has been accepted.

What to do now:

• You have been upgraded to the Ocean View with Large Balcony stateroom(s). 
  • If you are not yet onboard the ship, please reprint your SetSail Pass and luggage tags to accurately reflect your updated stateroom(s). When you log into Manage Reservation, you'll see your new stateroom number, which is assigned based on availability.
  • If you are sailing on Odyssey of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, or Harmony of the Seas, and are already onboard the ship, please stop by the guest services desk as soon as possible to receive your new cabin number and key.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, icemanoneaatl said:

Sailing Harmony ots on Apr 17, recd email today - went fr stndrd bal (connecting) to large bal non-connect.  70 pp.  what’s interesting, upgrade email indicates certain ships can have upgrade bid accepted if already on board- glad I didn’t have to wait…

CONGRATULATIONS!
Hi ICE,

What to do now:

• If you are not yet onboard the ship, please reprint your SetSail Pass and luggage tags to accurately reflect your updated stateroom(s). When you log into Manage Reservation, you'll see your new stateroom number, which is assigned based on availability.
  • If you are sailing on Odyssey of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, or Harmony of the Seas, and are already onboard the ship, please stop by the guest services desk as soon as possible to receive your new cabin number and key.

Well played, congrats!

18 hours ago, icemanoneaatl said:

CONGRATULATIONS!
Hi ICE,

What to do now:

If I may ask the time between when you put in your bid and received your congrats email.  I just put in bids for my June 17th cruise and trying to guess when I will get a yes or no.

21 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

If I may ask the time between when you put in your bid and received your congrats email.  I just put in bids for my June 17th cruise and trying to guess when I will get a yes or no.

Checked my emails and received the royalUp email March 1st and submitted that day.  I honestly don’t think there is rhyme or reason to the upgrades, as some in this thread posted of weeks in advance success and others up to the day before. 

9 minutes ago, icemanoneaatl said:

Checked my emails and received the royalUp email March 1st and submitted that day.  I honestly don’t think there is rhyme or reason to the upgrades, as some in this thread posted of weeks in advance success and others up to the day before. 

Thank you for your quick reply.  I will just sit back and wait.  Enjoy your cruise

10 minutes ago, icemanoneaatl said:

I honestly don’t think there is rhyme or reason to the upgrades, as some in this thread posted of weeks in advance success and others up to the day before. 

Some people have found out after boarding.

21 minutes ago, icemanoneaatl said:

I am on the Harmony one week before you, on April 10.  I received the email on January 10, and my bids are still pending and able to be modified/canceled.  Absolutely no rhyme or reason!

On 4/5/2022 at 2:54 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am on the Harmony one week before you, on April 10.  I received the email on January 10, and my bids are still pending and able to be modified/canceled.  Absolutely no rhyme or reason!

Update:  I was notified today that I won one of my bids.  Earlier this morning, one changed to “unavailable” and two still showed pending with the option to modify/cancel.  This afternoon, I was upgraded from an inside to an ocean view for $90 total.  There were five other OVs available, and I asked to be moved to a front-facing cabin on deck 10.  

• Like 4

Here I go again hoping to score another RoyalUp upgrade aboard the Oasis of the Seas. I counted the remaining cabins and there are around 357 cabins. I checked the RUp website and I'm getting the wait until 30 days message. We have 58 days until we board. This is a last minute 5 night cruise. We're happy with what we have but we will be excited if we get to bid and WIN!

https://www.elliott.org/cruises/royal-caribbean-new-what-if-royalup-cabin-downgrade/

Here’s a reminder: If you pay to upgrade your cabin to a better category, immediately go to RoyalUp and cancel your old unwanted bids.  Otherwise, there is a chance the old bid will be accepted and you will be charged, even if you no longer consider it an upgrade!  The link above from a travel advocate tells such a story and the difficulty it caused.

• Like 1

Hello,

Whom should I contact as my RoyalUp bid page is showing me in an incorrect cabin - balcony not JS?

It probably isn't that simple but I would presume, should it be corrected, that the various suite bids' costs would reduce by the 'balcony to JS' bid cost.

Thanks and Regards,

Cublet.

11 minutes ago, cublet said:

Whom should I contact as my RoyalUp bid page is showing me in an incorrect cabin - balcony not JS?

Only RCI (main number) may be able to fix that, tho that may be a tough ask. 

Edited by Biker19

There are hardly any cabins left on my cruise (0 ocean views, 5 balconies, 12 juniors, 1 grand, 1 ownes), but I have been offered the chance to bid for a RoyalUp

I booked a balcony, so I bid on all of those above, but I was just wondering why I have been offered at all. Just interested in trying to understand the tactics Royal use here

5 minutes ago, compman9 said:

There are hardly any cabins left on my cruise (0 ocean views, 5 balconies, 12 juniors, 1 grand, 1 ownes), but I have been offered the chance to bid for a RoyalUp

I booked a balcony, so I bid on all of those above, but I was just wondering why I have been offered at all. Just interested in trying to understand the tactics Royal use here

It gives them the chance to make additional revenue on rooms that might go empty if anyone cancels at the last minute.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, compman9 said:

They can also get good marketing information... how much are you willing to pay for a certain category of room, etc.

• Like 1