RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

Have 4 weeks until my cruise - the anticipation is killing me on getting the upgrade. 

I am extremely happy with my current room and will not complain at all if I don't get the upgrade. However, the upgrade bid would move us from a sky class to a star class - that is what will kill me on the waiting...LOL

Edited by BeagleAgility
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm sure this is not news or otherwise brand new information, but we sail on 11/28 (Sunday) and many folks have received their RoyalUp congratulatory emails today, 11/24. So, 4 days before seems to be the timing, at least for us. No email for me, unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, amc80 said:

I'm sure this is not news or otherwise brand new information, but we sail on 11/28 (Sunday) and many folks have received their RoyalUp congratulatory emails today, 11/24. So, 4 days before seems to be the timing, at least for us. No email for me, unfortunately. 

They could give you the upgrade on day you sail , don’t give up hope. The way I feel is book the room or suite you want then Royal up to your dream , that’s what we did a celebrity and got the penthouse two days before sailing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

They could give you the upgrade on day you sail , don’t give up hope. The way I feel is book the room or suite you want then Royal up to your dream , that’s what we did a celebrity and got the penthouse two days before sailing.

It stands to reason that cabins could come available shortly before a cruise.  Some people will learn a close contact tested positive.  Some will test positive on their pre cruise test.  Some may just take the CWC FCC if they decide they don’t want to travel.

What happens if you get an upgrade and others in your traveling party do not? We are traveling with our solo friend and worried that she won’t be able to check-in with us or join us for shows, etc. if we get the upgrade and she doesn’t. We are traveling together and she booked her own room to have her own space. Is there anything that she can purchase if we get upgraded that will give her the same benefits as us or can we add her to our room later?
Happy Thanksgiving 🍁 

11 hours ago, Sally12345 said:

What happens if you get an upgrade and others in your traveling party do not? We are traveling with our solo friend and worried that she won’t be able to check-in with us or join us for shows, etc. if we get the upgrade and she doesn’t. We are traveling together and she booked her own room to have her own space. Is there anything that she can purchase if we get upgraded that will give her the same benefits as us or can we add her to our room later?
Happy Thanksgiving 🍁 

Moat f the time they allow parties to check in together.  As for seats at the shows you may have to sit with her instead the other way around.

On 11/24/2021 at 6:09 PM, amc80 said:

Yes, me, either. We're happy with our current cabin. Looking forward to our cruise, even if we don't score a suite upgrade.😁

• Like 2

On 11/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, Lou33 said:

Many people report that their bid is locked with no ability to cancel or modify before they win their bid.  That may be a good sign, but I can report that it does not guarantee a winning bid.

We booked a balcony cabin on Explorer, November 14, 7 day.  Nine days before the cruise my bid for a JS became locked and pending, and bids for GS and GS 2-bdrm became "expired".  I was sure that I was going to win the JS.  But two days before the cruise, the bid for JS turned to "upgrade unavailable", and bids for GS and GS-2 turned back to "pending" and possible to cancel or modify.  I received a rejection letter for all bids the night of the cruise.  

I bid $110pp for the JS and the minimum bid was $50.  I think if I bid just a little higher, I would have won the JS.  I'm curious what the winning bids were for that sailing.  The ship was at 50% capacity and I'm guessing that with so many vacant cabins, most (all?) bids for OV or balcony were successful.  

I think that is the case for my bid as well. I bid on GS and JS. The GS expired about a week ago. JS locked and pending. I bid max of 220/pp. We sail on 11/28. Have not received a email either yes or no. 

We bid and won a GS in August for an Alaska cruise on Royal.  Had an MSC cruise in the caribbean last month and noticed that the bidding system was the same as used by Royal.  Just got off the Independence this morning after four days.  For fun, I looked up my bids for that.  The day before we left, the bid for a GS was marked as 'Not Available" or something like that.  Today, after the cruise, that bid is now marked as "Flight has departed".

Pretty apparent that it is some other company doing these bids for Royal (and MSC) and that they were involved in flight bids prior to this.  Probably why if you call Royal about bids, they don't know anything.

1 hour ago, pretzlaff said:

Pretty apparent that it is some other company doing these bids for Royal (and MSC) and that they were involved in flight bids prior to this. 

The company is Plusgrade, and yes, the majority of their customers are airlines.

I’m currently in a connecting ocean view balcony with my kids. My husband and I are in one room, and my kids (16 & 11) are in the other room. The room with the adults received a Royal up offer email. I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room. Does anyone have any experience with this?

1 hour ago, SunnyFlowers said:

I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room.

They are not going to consider any related booking - your bid will not depend on it. 

Edited by Biker19

9 hours ago, SunnyFlowers said:

I submitted some bids but i’m wondering if they’re even going to consider us because technically the adult room would be moved from the kids room.

As Biker19 said, that will not be a consideration.  The only concern would be that you could be moved to a completely separate deck, on the other end of the ship.  You don't have any control on where they place you.  If you are upgraded, and there are similar rooms available, you can possibly call in to ask to switch to a room closer to them, but there is no guarantee.  Would you be comfortable being, possibly, several decks apart?  When we book connecting, we don't place bids for this reason.  But, that is your call as the parent, since you know their maturity levels and behavior traits.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, wesnliz said:

I’m getting an error that cruise my be within 30 days (19 days out) any one have this issue? Just booked it about hour ago

It takes some time for Royal Up to sync with the RCIs bookings system.

It’s a different company that runs the program.

My guess there is some scheduled job at Royal Up that gets a feed from the RCI reservations system for Royal Up participation.

When that feed occurs and how Royal determines who is eligible for the Royal Up program is anyones guess. 

On our October cruise on jewel we did a royal up for the minimum price plus 10£ on a gs from a Js we found out we had been upgraded 2days before royal had informed us , how because the suite concierge sent us an email as they do to all their guests 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received the email for the 12/5 Allure sailing on October 6 and again on  November 28.  The minimum bids had been reduced $35 to $90 pp.  Now, two days later, I received another email with a “Promo” offer; the ocean view balcony was reduced $10 pp.  I am not interested because I want the Central Park balcony with the double balcony that I have booked.  I don’t think I have seen anyone mention the “Promo” offer in the past.

340DFA1B-BEF1-4743-BC06-39CD58E520FD.png

• Thanks 2