RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

3 minutes ago, CONCH65 said:

Yes we received it last night. Upgraded from interior guarantee to category 1D Oceanview balcony.

great news!  We sail on the 26th out of Barbados and right now all my bids are expired except a spacious OV which is pending.  Cannot adjust bid at all.  I had an inside guarantee and bid $100 total to royal up.  My situation looks like yours did so fingers crossed!  Just strange they are locking for lack of a better word the bid this far out (3 weeks).

Got my RoyalUp email today for 12/12 Oasis.  I've been hearing most come just a few days beforehand but I'm over a week out.  Not a "we'd better accept this bid before he changes his mind" deal either....just $10 over minimum to go from a balcony to JS.  My bids expired about three days ago, the JS stayed pending but unmodifiable, as others have said happened when they eventually got the upgrade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Got my RoyalUp email today for 12/12 Oasis.

Interesting. I’m on the same sailing and still able to modify bids.  We are in a crown loft, so tried bidding into the star class.  But, those have also been unavailable to book for a while.  So, I’m assuming it has to do with availability since there were still some junior suites available to book.

2 hours ago, KimA75 said:

Interesting. I’m on the same sailing and still able to modify bids.  We are in a crown loft, so tried bidding into the star class.  But, those have also been unavailable to book for a while.  So, I’m assuming it has to do with availability since there were still some junior suites available to book.

What were the bid amounts to go to Star class?  I am in an OS on HM January but have not yet received any RU offers

6 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Got my RoyalUp email today for 12/12 Oasis.  I've been hearing most come just a few days beforehand but I'm over a week out.  Not a "we'd better accept this bid before he changes his mind" deal either....just $10 over minimum to go from a balcony to JS.  My bids expired about three days ago, the JS stayed pending but unmodifiable, as others have said happened when they eventually got the upgrade.

Same cruise, bid 5 over minimum for junior suite from balcony. No luck so far but I increased it $10 to 15 over minimum. Here's hoping, but it seems luck was on your side. 

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

What were the bid amounts to go to Star class?  I am in an OS on HM January but have not yet received any RU offers

I don't know what your min would be bid but I thought our was ridiculous. We are already Star Class and have paid for all of the perks and our min bid was $2500 pp. There are only 2 of us so there was no way I was paying that for more space.

Edited by ownedbypets
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, molly361 said:

What were the bid amounts to go to Star class? 

The ultimate panoramic was around $600pp.  We skipped that since we want a balcony.  The 2 bedroom aquatheater was around $700pp and the star loft suite was around $750pp.  All others above that seemed ridiculously high to bid on, so we didn’t touch those.  

• Thanks 1

We were pending for several weeks and then 5 days before the 4-night cruise on the Freedom, we got a 2 bedroom suite. My logic on bidding on that one was that how many will bid on a 2-bedfoom suite on a short cruise. It sounds like we have a 600+ sf room and over a 200 SF balcony per the diagrams.

BTW I bid on all categories above balcony which we had at a little over minimum, and only bid the minimum exactly for the 2 bedroom. Should be fun.

• Like 1

We hope to consider an upgrade from Sky class to Star class on our upcoming cruise.  We are less then 30 days out and when I try to bid, I get a message be sure you are 30 days out and all information is correct.  Perhaps they aren't accepting bids for this cruise for Star class.  I will try again next week.

We have a beautiful well located crown loft suite- so we win no matter what!  Just wanted to try the genie experience.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:11 AM, molly361 said:

We are booked in GS 1 br  for HM 12/12.  As I recall my pp minimums included : $800 Aqua theater 2 br, $750 Aqua theater 1 br, and $350 Crown loft, $200 GS 2 br, $300 OS (when I bid, the RoyalUp minimum for OS was higher than to just buy the upgrade; obviously we did not bid on it)

Our Bid for the Aqua theater 1br is currently locked/pending and others are expired.  No suites have been listed for sale for a little while on our sailing, so I wonder if somebody would have to cancel for our upgrade to come through.

Edited by Starry Eyes

38 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

We are booked in GS 1 br  for HM 12/12.  As I recall my pp minimums included : $800 Aqua theater 2 br, $750 Aqua theater 1 br, and $350 Crown loft, $200 GS 2 br, $300 OS (when I bid, the RoyalUp minimum for OS was higher than to just buy the upgrade; obviously we did not bid on it)

Our Bid for the Aqua theater 1br is currently locked/pending and others are expired.  No suites have been listed for sale for a little while on our sailing, so I wonder if somebody would have to cancel for our upgrade to come through.

Correction, an aqua theater 1br shows available for our sailing; as our bid is locked, maybe we have a real shot at the upgrade.

I also received many emails, sometimes 2 a day even for our last week Harmony cruise.  

But the 1/2/22 cruise...nothing.  And in fact have tried several times to check the bid availability, only to get those error messages about not entering info right or "making sure your cruise is within 30 days" (it is...only 25 days away).  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I also received many emails, sometimes 2 a day even for our last week Harmony cruise.  

But the 1/2/22 cruise...nothing.  And in fact have tried several times to check the bid availability, only to get those error messages about not entering info right or "making sure your cruise is within 30 days" (it is...only 25 days away).  

I am also trying a 1/2/22 cruise but also get error messages.  Seems strange.  But I have noticed more staterooms and suites available.  Perhaps people are postponing their cruises due to the new strains of covid.

• Like 1

Booked Harmony for a 7 day starting 12Dec.  Initially got a balcony guarantee for cheap, about $400/person.  Assigned (sadly) to one of the neighborhood balconies.  Ocean view balconies at the time were $700ish/. 

When I attempted to upgrade, I was only offered ocean view with a minimum of $40/ and some slightly 'better' balconies with minimums of $200ish/.  Bid $50 for the base ocean view and just got it here 5 days out.

It went from pending and modify-able to done deal without going pending and un-modify-able.  Now the question is...can I get this upgraded even higher.  I will let you know.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Where do you go to try to register for it?

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I am also trying a 1/2/22 cruise but also get error messages.  Seems strange.  But I have noticed more staterooms and suites available.  Perhaps people are postponing their cruises due to the new strains of covid.

The really interesting thing is the following cruise...which we are on for B2B.  1/9/22....there are an amazing amount of available suites listed...far more so than the 1/2/22.  

On 11/17/2021 at 2:20 PM, cynt said:

CONGRATS!!!!

Our Christmas cruise on Liberty is showing sold out however, I am still able to bid. I just put in low ball bids for most categories. We're in an inside guarantee, which is fine this is our cheap Christmas gift to each other, but if they happen to accept our low ball offer for a window or a balcony it's all good.  There weren't any suites available to bid.

On 11/4/2021 at 5:03 PM, cynt said:

Well today was our 45 day check in for our cruise. I checked in and it still had us listed as Gty on our set sail pass. However, this afternoon it changed and revealed Deck 10. And then I remembered the trick with scanning the bar code on your Set sail pass with a QR code scanner to find the cabin number. I did it and it worked!! We're on deck 10, interior cabin. That's cool we didn't want a low deck. Not happy about being under the kiddie pool but we can always change to a different cabin within the same 2V category. So I'm definitely hoping they accept our RoyalUp offer. 80 balconies, 10 JS, 49 promenades, 42 OV, 9 spacious OV, 3 Panoramic OV and 1 Ultra Spacious OV remaining as of yesterday when I counted.

I just wish they would deny my offer or counter so I can bid on an OV room if they're going to deny me a balcony.  I think Royal should have 72 hours to accept, reject or counter. That way we wouldn't be in limbo. 🤪

The bidding for our Christmas cruise on Libby has been all over the place. It was sold out all categories. Then only a couple suites and OV balcony guarantees. Then a couple of OV Balconies and JS, Grand and Owners 1 bdrm. Then several OV Balconies and JS. Then just JS, Grand and Owners 1 bdrm. Today 14 OV balconies, 16 JS, 2 Grands and one Owners. 

Looks like things are calming back down and this might be close to the true remaining inventory. But who knows?!?!?  It has been fun tracking all of this. My bids were still pending the other day. Today I keep getting the 504 Gateway error when I try to go to the modify/cancel my bids. I'll try again tomorrow but I jumped on here to see if anyone else was receiving this error message?

Here's hoping no one else books and a lot more balconies cancel so I can get upgraded to a balcony. LOL!! 😁