RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 12/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, PompeySailor said:

We are already booked in a Star Loft Suite (Star Class), received this Royal Up email today for a cruise in 88 days.

I don’t see any benefits other than size of room for 2 people 😱

Thoughts 🤔

D0DB5547-6F04-4E81-B763-E24FD754888D.jpeg

Our minimum bid was higher than this so we chose to stay with our Star Loft. 

• Haha 1

Did not win royalup. Bid mostly minimums but one got accepted on this thread for a similar amount. One of mine progressed to the "expired and pending" stage before becoming unavailable, and I only now 3 hours after departure got the decline email. Oh well but it would have been nice.

5 hours ago, cruisefan0110 said:

I have submitted a bid for the first time. I got a second email from Royal and when I looked at the options, the bid I placed was not there. How do I see the status of placed bids. 

I did resubmit the bid, but it never asked for credit card info. 

If you didn't enter a credit card number you probably did submit a bid

• Like 1

Just a thought, but has anyone with a pending and locked bid checked to see if their cabin is being listed for sale? Of course it could be a domino effect, but I suspect that the desirability of your current cabin can come into play. In other words, they lock your bid, try to sell it and if it sells, you get the upgrade. If not, they just unlock your bid. I'm sure there are several scenarios, but I'm thinking this could be one.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 4:18 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

Thank you so much for posting this!  I bid on a couple of star suites, for my upcoming Feb Odyssey cruise, and had my hopes up way to high.  I’ll just assume that there is no chance of an upgrade (all suites except jr have been sold out for months).

You just never know....You can't win if you don't play...Best of luck !!!

We just checked our Royal Up bid and noticed that our offer was accepted for a Crown Loft Suite 

on Harmony of the Seas next week(Christmas), December 19 departure.

We were in a hump Jr Suite and have moved to a deck 17 ocean-view Crown Loft.

Nice to have that in pocket 5 days prior to cruise.

• Like 6

We were upgraded thru one of our Royal Up bids on HOTS 12/19 Xmas cruise from a JR Suite to a 1 bedroom Aquatheater on deck 12. Glad to know ahead of time but now I’m obsessing over whether I will like an aft cabin and if the cabin and balcony will be as awesome as I am hoping! We will have 6 of us on the ship celebrating the holiday so having the space to gather should be great! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tenniskat59 said:

We were upgraded thru one of our Royal Up bids on HOTS 12/19 Xmas cruise from a JR Suite to a 1 bedroom Aquatheater on deck 12. Glad to know ahead of time but now I’m obsessing over whether I will like an aft cabin and if the cabin and balcony will be as awesome as I am hoping! We will have 6 of us on the ship celebrating the holiday so having the space to gather should be great! 

What's not to like ??? Look on YouTube for videos of this cabin category. Going from a JS to this category ...... why are you "obsessing" !!!!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AftMan said:

We just checked our Royal Up bid and noticed that our offer was accepted for a Crown Loft Suite 

You will love the Crown loft suite!  Our favorite suite!  Great room and view- two bathrooms!    Enjoy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

What's not to like ??? Look on YouTube for videos of this cabin category. Going from a JS to this category ...... why are you "obsessing" !!!!

I know! I keep telling myself that! All the videos and information seem to show the cabins on other decks that are bigger balconies. The sq ft of the cabin and balcony on deck 12 seem to have different answers online as well. Intellectually I know it has to be a much nicer cabin vs our original JS since to book it without a royal up it’s about $18,000 for the cabin compared our all in with the royal up we are at $8000 +/-!  I guess I should redirect my obsessing to praying we have 6 negative Covid tests so we can go on this cruise! Lol! 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2021 at 7:44 PM, mawvkysc said:

Anyone get confirmation the day of sailing? Both of my bids are still pending and can be changed or cancelled. Checkin time is noon tomorrow. 

you probably didn't get it.  I went through this last month for my b2b.  I got the emails both times the next day when at sea.  I even on the 2nd leg went and asked guest services and they called me the 2nd day to tell me no availability.  I had a great aft balcony on deck 10 for 1st leg but 2nd leg we had to move and the balcony wasn't that good so I was hoping for that GS.  We were also able to adjust the bids even when we left the port!

Now I put in a bare minimum bid on an OV room or a spacious OV on my upcoming grandeur next week on the 26th.  We currently have a guaranteed inside.  The OV is expired and the spacious OV is pending with me not being able to adjust.  Can't get my luggage tags yet.  So I think I may have got this one.

Received royal up offer with an option that I have not seen offered before......we have two cabins, one has our two adult children travelling together (18,21).  They had an offer to add another cabin so that they would each have their own cabin (spacious balcony), minimum offer was $120pp.  I thought there has to be one person at least 21 in a cabin, so surprised at the offer.

17 hours ago, AftMan said:

Congrats!!  🤗 May I ask how much over minimum did you bid?  

Doing another B2B on Harmony first of the year.  I have exact situation for 1/9/22 Harmony, hump JS on deck 11 (perfect location for a JS).    Our 1/2/22 showed very little CLS cabins available, but the CLS cabins for the 1/9 leg is still showing 90% available...not sure why the difference.  

I did not bother with trying to upgrade on the 1/2....but am doing as you did for the 1/9.  I very rarely bid, but thought I had a chance with the lightly booked week.  

Just received Royal up confirmation for our 12/23 Mariner!  Here’s our breakdown:

Original cabin:  Spacious Ocean view balcony deck 7

Bids:  Junior Suite— minimum bid $25, I bid $150 pp

Grand Suite—minimum $90, I bid $225/pp

Grand Suite 2BR—minimum $180, I bid $200pp

Owners suite—minimum 180, I bid $260pp

Royal Suite—minimum $400 pp (did not bid)

Received email to bid at 45 days out

17 days out GS, 2 BR GS and OS showed expired while JS showed pending 

Today, 8 days out received JS assignment deck 9😀😀😀

Happy…when we booked JS would have been $1500ish more to directly upgrade.  This will be our first ever JS, excited for the extra space!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

OK... how bad is this cabin??  Just got a Royal Up on Harmony from Interior to neighborhood view, but it's cabin 7725.  I was wanting aft, which we got...but it looks like the kids climb structure is literally in our window...??  Anyone been in this cabin?

1 hour ago, discru said:

OK... how bad is this cabin??  Just got a Royal Up on Harmony from Interior to neighborhood view, but it's cabin 7725.  I was wanting aft, which we got...but it looks like the kids climb structure is literally in our window...??  Anyone been in this cabin?

Found a review out on the internet for this room that states:

Our room had a kids play net coming through our window which we were very disappointed about. We didnt ask fir that room but it would be nice to not have to close the curtains and be in a dark room. Kids were knocking in our window every second. Mind you we were on the 7th floor. They should deff fix that!

On 12/10/2021 at 6:24 PM, cynt said:

Ooooo my CC friends this is getting exciting. Just checked my bids and all of them are still pending. So I then proceeded to see who has booked the last few balconies and JS so I can stop obsessing over this bidding nonsense. But to my amazement their are even more balconies available.

17 JS

2 GS

1 OS

But check this out!!!

44 Connecting Balconies (these have been zero for a while)

65 Spacious OVB (14 available the other day)

109 Balconies available. Yep I'm doing my happy dance 💃. Even if I'm not upgraded because you know my bid was the lowest possible, $120/pp, I sure hope someone who bid to upgrade to a balcony gets one. 

That's crazy.

I'm wondering if people are cancelling. I figured there would be a few available next Friday, 12/17 because that's our first test day. But for 100 cabins to become available!?!??!

Happy bidding everyone! 

....and the waiting continues. For those just now following along, we're in a cheap inside guarantee. This is our cheap Christmas present to one another. So we will be happy wherever as long as we're on the ship!!!  So tracking the cabin availability has been entertaining and interesting. 

Two people on my roll call have reported that they were assigned their Jr. Suite upgrades!! YIPPEEE!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO THEM!!!

I have not been assigned anything yet. But we still have 4 days until we cruise. I'm staying optimistic.  I'm just pumped someone on our cruise was upgraded.

Latest availability:

4 - JS

39 - Connecting Balconies

52 - Spacious Balconies

And the waiting continues....

Edited by cynt

2 hours ago, malson said:

Found a review out on the internet for this room that states:

Our room had a kids play net coming through our window which we were very disappointed about. We didnt ask fir that room but it would be nice to not have to close the curtains and be in a dark room. Kids were knocking in our window every second. Mind you we were on the 7th floor. They should deff fix that!

UGH... that's what I was afraid of.  That is ridiculous, and certainly not an experience I would pay MORE for... Ugh!  Thanks, Malson