RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 11/11/2021 at 2:47 PM, ZoeyVictoria said:

Our bid for the GS showed “pending” without change from the time we made the bid eight days ago until 1:30 p.m. today.  We got to our original cabin, 1388, took one look at it, and immediately canceled the bid. 

If you already checked in, wouldn't this mean you did not get the upgrade?  Why did you need to cancel? Can you receive an upgrade after you checked in? At this point It would appear that you were not upgraded and the denial email was forthcoming.  

5 hours ago, JKCamara said:

I am sure that this question has been asked before, but there is also 200+ pages to go through.

The question has been asked several times with different outcomes.  You don't have to read every post.  Instead you can do a keyword search using terms related to your question.  This was you can read all the posts on the outcomes of not being able to modify an offer. 

Edited by crusinthrough

4 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

If you already checked in, wouldn't this mean you did not get the upgrade?  Why did you need to cancel? Can you receive an upgrade after you checked in? At this point It would appear that you were not upgraded and the denial email was forthcoming.  

It's pure speculation on my part but given that some people have reported not receiving their denial email until after their ship has sailed, I think it might still be possible to get a "you won" email at that point if there happened to be a no-show or very last-minute cancellation. I could certainly envisage Royal keeping their options open until then. Admittedly, I have not seen anyone report such a scenario. 

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

It's pure speculation on my part but given that some people have reported not receiving their denial email until after their ship has sailed, I think it might still be possible to get a "you won" email at that point if there happened to be a no-show or very last-minute cancellation. I could certainly envisage Royal keeping their options open until then. Admittedly, I have not seen anyone report such a scenario. 

I agree that there are probably last minute cancellations especially with Covid testing but once checked in and received a cabin, it would seem as if a bid was not successful.  It could be bit of a hassle to locate guests and then go through the process of switching rooms.  Anything is possible though.  

32 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

I agree that there are probably last minute cancellations especially with Covid testing but once checked in and received a cabin, it would seem as if a bid was not successful.  It could be bit of a hassle to locate guests and then go through the process of switching rooms.  Anything is possible though.  

Yes, can you imagine if you were already on board and unpacked and suddenly get news your bid has been accepted? Then you'd have to repack everything again to move to the new cabin!

15 hours ago, JKCamara said:

I am sure that this question has been asked before, but there is also 200+ pages to go through.
We are 6 days from sailing. Yesterday I checked our status and all of our bids were expired except one that still says pending. The strange thing is we can not modify or cancel this bid, nor have we received an email confirmation that we have won the bid (and assigned a new cabin). 

Is this typical? 

Thanks!

This happened to me two weeks ago (three weeks before departure), one bid became expired, the other pending with no way to edit or cancel. At that point we decided to split into 2 connecting rooms rather than try to upgrade to one suite. I was told to email RoyalUp to request they cancel my bids. Three emails later, still no response. I ended up canceling the original booking, but to my surprise the original RoyalUp bid on the canceled booking still shows as pending. I'm thinking they tried to lock me into my bid even though I was supposed to have the ability to change or cancel at that point. I've done RoyalUp many times and this might be my last time, I don't trust the process anymore.

Apologize if answers to this are somewhere in the 232 prior pages, I honesty did not scroll through all.

Currently have two cabins booked on Indy - one is the coveted aft balcony 7408, and the other a spacious ocean view right next to it 7402.   Currently I am booked in 7408 with my two sons, and my wife in 7402 with my daughter so that one adult is in each cabin.  RC will not allow us to combine adults in one room and the kids in the other.

Today received an email for each cabin offering Royal Up.  We will not bother trying to upgrade 7408 because of its huge balcony, but debating bidding up for 7402 to a panaromic ocean view suite (VP).

Questions:

1.  Interestingly, one of the options that came up for the upgrade was the exact same class that we booked (4M).  Also when I tried to do a dummy booking to get a sense of how much to bid up, I noticed that my originally booked cabin (7402) was there as an option to book.  However in my RC account online, 7402 is still shown as my booked cabin. Probably just a IT glitch?

2.  If my wife was to be upgraded to a suite, but I was not,  could I board the same time as her? Also could I go to the Suite lounge with her? Or does each person have to have a gold, suite seapass card? 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by peacefrogdog

24 minutes ago, peacefrogdog said:

Or does each person have to have a gold, suite seapass card? 

This. Yes to the other questions. Your situation is not conducive to Royal Up. Stick with what you already have. 

Edited by Biker19

Quick Question -

For “last minute” bookings is there a window between booking the cruise and being able to access the RoyalUp offers?

We just booked a cruise departing in 16 days, and talking to other folks on this specific cruise, they are making bids via RoyalUp.

However when I go to check the site I get the following:

“Please ensure your sailing is within
the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in
the information you entered”

I’m wondering if there is a delay between booking and RoyalUp having your info?

Booked direct through RCL. Though oddly never get any marketing email from them (despite opting in).

Thanks!

Some of you may remember my disenchantment a few weeks with finding out my RoyalUP max bids had gone up over $2K.  I cancelled my bids just to reduce my stress over it all.  Yesterday, on impulse, I put in bids on owners, 2br grand and 1br grand for my cruise leaving this weekend.  An hour later, I reconsidered, went to recancel, but found all my bids expired except my owners suite.  I bid the same on every category.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through as it’s at a lower amount than my original bids before I got irritated at the process!  Find myself checking my credit card constantly.  Would like to cancel dbp if it actually happens!

Edited by dianajo67
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dianajo67 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through as it’s at a lower amount than my original bids before I got irritated at the process!  Find myself checking my credit card constantly.  Would like to cancel dbp if it actually happens!

Hoping you win your bid! 🙂  And worst case scenario, the concierge can cancel it for you, for a refundable onboard credit.  

I lowballed a Star Loft for just over 2 weeks from now (we are currently in a Crown Loft).  If we win, we win.  I don't expect to because there are only 2, but it was fun to just bid.  And dream. lol  👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I lowballed a Star Loft for just over 2 weeks from now (we are currently in a Crown Loft).  If we win, we win.  I don't expect to because there are only 2, but it was fun to just bid.

We went out to look at our upcoming 11/21 Harmony cruise on Monday 11/8 to see if any JS on Deck 8 had opened up (we were in a deck 7 JS and wanted to move up for better mobility), and all they had available were JS guarantees. Just for a lark, I went and checked whether there were any CLS suites still available, and there were still 17 showing as available. We figured why not do a low ball minimum bid ($600/pp) on one just for laughs to see what would happen. We just got the confirmation email a few minutes ago that our minimum bid was accepted. 🤑

Edited by orville99
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We went out to look at our upcoming 11/21 Harmony cruise on Monday 11/8 to see if any JS on Deck 8 had opened up (we were in a deck 7 JS and wanted to move up for better mobility), and all they had available were JS guarantees. Just for a lark, I went and checked whether there were any CLS suites still available, and there were still 17 showing as available. We figured why not do a low ball minimum bid ($600/pp) on one just for laughs to see what would happen. We just got the confirmation email a few minutes ago that our minimum bid was accepted. 🤑

Congratulations, how do you check to see what suites are available?

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

CONGRATS!!!!

Our Christmas cruise on Liberty is showing sold out however, I am still able to bid. I just put in low ball bids for most categories. We're in an inside guarantee, which is fine this is our cheap Christmas gift to each other, but if they happen to accept our low ball offer for a window or a balcony it's all good.  There weren't any suites available to bid.

Edited by cynt
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations, how do you check to see what suites are available?

We just go out to their booking website like we are booking a new cruise, and drill down through the screens until we find the category we want and then select it. That opens up a screen with all of the available cabins in that category. CLS are easy to check because they are all on the same deck.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, orville99 said:

That's amazing news, @orville99!  We are also waiting for a JS to CLS upgrade as well as (crossing fingers) an OS to SLS upgrade.  We hope to see you on deck 17!  Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2021 at 4:25 AM, Heymarco said:

Give it a day or two for your new reservation to sync with RoyalUp. You should be able to bid after a couple of days.

You were totally right. Took 3 days for it to sync. Thanks!

Do they charges go through as Royal Caribbean or from a 3rd party? Leveraging an AMEX offer so want to try and hit the minimum spend. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, acrbag said:

You were totally right. Took 3 days for it to sync. Thanks!

Do they charges go through as Royal Caribbean or from a 3rd party? Leveraging an AMEX offer so want to try and hit the minimum spend. 

They go through as Royal Caribbean.

I’ve done a few bids for my upcoming cruise but just noticed a 2 bedroom GS has opened up. Unfortunately I seemed to have deleted my RoyalUp booking link. 

I tried going to the site and entering my details but it just brought up my present bids. There doesn’t appear to be spot to bid on other rooms. 

is there anyone I could call to resend the link?

Edited by csnarpy