Diamond Lounge Disaster - A Voyager Class Sob Story

Crism

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Reality is sometimes a bit different than the stories you read about on CC.

35 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

I am a little upset as I hope to be diamond soon. The perks seem to get less and less the closer I get.

Yea, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.  Lots of gloom and doom.  99% of the issues is because sailings have a HUGE number of D and D+ on them.  If you sail in the high season (because some of us have to, thanks to work), you will not encounter the crowding problems.  

D's haven't seen a major change for years, but D+ got moved into the D lounge on ships that had a CL and it was changed to a SL.  Oh, well.

Loyalty program dilution happens in most travel industries. All frequent flyer programs have gone through some changes. When you were 1 of 1000, it meant something to RC. Now that you are1 in 100, not so much anymore. (Made up numbers). That’s the harsh reality off it all. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I don't even remember seeing the spirits list.  I'm sure it was there, i just don't remember it.  It was just one small card with wine and beer and ONE cider (Of course, I got the cider, because that's why i know).  But then again, I don't drink much, so the fact that I even ordered the chocolate martini was amazing.  Even free, I find order alcoholic drinks to be a little odd for me.

RCI Chocolate Martini = Bailey's Irish Cream, New Amsterdam vodka, imitation chocolate sauce.  

Shaken, not stirred. 😎

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 11:33 AM, KJL53 said:

Use your 3 drinks on your seapass in another lounge.

Royal still has the best loyalty program out there. You will get nothing if you cruise

Princess, Carnival or NCL. Princess top level gives 1 set up of small drink bottles

in your room when you board. It is not refilled.

Everything changes, we all feel the pinch in one way or another.

Having sailed Princess I know the demographic is totally different. They swear that Princess has the best program because top level gets free laundry. On that board the elites complain that it takes too many days for the laundry to be returned because there are too many elites or that elites are brining dirty laundry from home to be washed on the ship.

The only thing I get from any loyalty program is the entertaining complaint threads started by the poor top tier cruisers who had the money and free time to cruise enough to reach this high honor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I swear dry cleaning on the ship is cheaper than here in Cocoa Beach. 😱

Same here too. 

I guess as much as Laura is on the ship, it's pretty convenient for you to drop off your cleaning once a week.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, island lady said:

We Royal DS really all need to get together on a future cruise!!  🙂 

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They could reserve the lounge for us and call it the DSL.

DSs gone wild. :classic_cool:

Edited by davekathy