EQUINOX VS. REFLECTION

cruisecookie

33 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

Which ship do you prefer --  Equinox or Reflection? 

Reflection is a little more crowded.  Equinox would be our favorite ship if she had Lawn Club Grill and The Porch.  Reflection does, so we favor Reflection.  But, we are on Equinox at Christmas/New Year's.  So, we like both.  😊

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

Which ship do you prefer --  Equinox or Reflection?  We're looking at very similar southern Caribbean itineraries (9 nights on Equinox or 11 nights on Reflection) for January/February 2021.  The price is only slightly higher for the 11 night cruise.

We've been on the Equinox before but not the Reflection. We prefer longer cruises. First choice for us would be the 12 night Southern Equinox cruise. Second choice would be the 12 night Western Equinox cruise. Third choice would be the 10 night Reflection cruise. Fourth choice would be the 9 night Equinox cruise. Fifth choice would be the 11 night Reflection cruise. Our choices are based solely on the itineraries in these selections and not the ship. Even better we'd make a 24 night B2B cruise on the Equinox doing the Southern and Western Caribbean cruises.  Either ship would be great. 

Edited by davekathy

We have been on the Equinox 3 times this year. Just got off yesterday from the special 3 day cruise. It’s a great ship with an amazing staff. However I love that the Reflection has the Lawn Club Grill and The Porch. With very similar itineraries I would definitely pick the Reflection.

We've been on both ships a number of times. The most recently being in early November on Equinox. We've had great times on both ships and would take either again in a heartbeat. With all that said, I think if I had to choose between one of them I would go with Reflection but I can't give you a good reason why I make that choice.

I used to say that Equinox was much better because it had the Corning Hot Glass Show and the lawn was unencumbered by cabanas that blocked the view of the ocean.  But now the Hot Glass show has become a for-fee make-your-own-not-very-good-glass show.  OTOH we refuse to dine outdoors [if God had wanted us to eat outdoors, why did He give us Air Conditioning? :classic_biggrin:], so the Lawn Club Grill and the Porch don't add anything to Reflection for us, and it is still the most crowded Celebrity ship.  So I still prefer Equinox.

We have done the Equinox 5x and Reflection 4x.  We have never felt the Reflection was more crowded, guess we missed the crowded places😉.  Both are great and each has its pluses but if we had to choose we would go for the longer  cruise on the Reflection .  Love having more dining options on the Reflection:

• Like 1

I've been on the Equinox twice and the Reflection once.  I think I prefer the Equinox, although I did like the Lawn Club Grill and Q'sine (second is gone, though).  I found them more the same than different though.

One thing that's nice on the Equinox is the Sky Lounge - it goes more around the front of the ship.  On the Reflection, there are rooms carved out of one half.  

That said, I'd go on either.

I loved both ships. I agree the Reflection felt slightly more crowded, and the reduced space in the Sky Lounge was noticeable. We are main dining room cruisers, so specialty restaurants are not important to us, although I think choices give everyone a better cruise experience and Reflection has more choices. 

Having said all that, I would always prefer a longer cruise. Eleven days on Reflection beats nine days on Equinox.

Whichever you choose, have a wonderful cruise.

Wishing you calm seas and smooth sailing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueensChick said:

I loved both ships. I agree the Reflection felt slightly more crowded, and the reduced space in the Sky Lounge was noticeable. We are main dining room cruisers, so specialty restaurants are not important to us, although I think choices give everyone a better cruise experience and Reflection has more choices. 

Having said all that, I would always prefer a longer cruise. Eleven days on Reflection beats nine days on Equinox.

Whichever you choose, have a wonderful cruise.

Wishing you calm seas and smooth sailing. 

I couldn’t have said it any better.  I agree with the Queen 100%

• Like 1

Just off a B2B on my first Reflection cruise. Not at all crowded with lots of sunbeds on most days. My only moan...the sunbeds had no cushions.

I have travelled on all Solstice class but have no preferences to any of these ships

The "extra" deck felt weird at first .

The longer the better.  The ships are much more the same than they are different although I am partial to the Equinox.  But I'd still go for the 11 nights.  Actually I would probably compromise and take a 10 night Equinox to the ABC islands (if it's available in 2021).  

enjoy

We have sailed both Reflection and Equinox and love both of them.   I would pick based on the itinerary and give a slight  edge to any cruise that included Barbados and St. Lucia.  If the itinerary are the same, I guess that I would pick Reflection because I love the sunset bar on the Reflection.  We have reservation on both ships in 2019 and 2020.  Either ship is a great choice.

Cruised on and really enjoyed both...They really are very similar.

Reflection was noticeably busier poolside on port days but we did enjoy both the Lawn Grill and the Porch. We tended to have a swim then enjoy the sun on the stools at the sunset bar, a good excuse to enjoy a midday cocktail! The Porch is a great venu for lunch!

Longer cruises are always better than shorter....

• 8 months later...

I had booked 9-night Equinox for next November and did a search on found this thread and decided on 11-day Reflection for a similar price with an additional port.  Originally, I thought the revolution concept that Equinox had would make it a better ship, but now, I'm not so sure about that.  It's probably better for suite passengers, but not so much for verandah passengers.  I'm happy we made the switch.  Thanks all for this thread.  It may be a 9 months old, but it's still relevant for many.