Odd things to remember

BigProc

Febreeze air freshener for the room and an extra toothbrush. A couple years ago, I read someone's post on here that her husband dropped his toothbrush on the bathroom floor the first night of the cruise and they didn't have an extra. The gift shop probably carries them, but they were ready for bed and didn't want to traipse there to buy one. So I always toss an extra one in just in case!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cathi007 said:

I am bringing the fabric folding cubes, for the closet. I got them at the dollar store

This is a great idea! It will help keep our clothes separated. Everyone will have their own “cube”. Need that organization as we are 4 in a cabin.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

So many suestions about the only ones I’ve seen that we bother with are medications/first aid and a small sewing kit.

I felt the same way until I started cramming 4 people in one room, 2 (ok, 3) of whom were not so great at folding or organizing. Bringing extra items was the only way to keep 4 people's stuff accessible on one hanging bar and 3 shelves, and 2 drawers. Especially when it's a winter sailing and you have a mix of seasonal clothes, and prefer to dress for dinner.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

I felt the same way until I started cramming 4 people in one room, 2 (ok, 3) of whom were not so great at folding or organizing. Bringing extra items was the only way to keep 4 people's stuff accessible on one hanging bar and 3 shelves, and 2 drawers. Especially when it's a winter sailing and you have a mix of seasonal clothes, and prefer to dress for dinner.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I recommend Poo-pouri. If you haven’t seen it, it’s an oil-type spray you put in the toilet before pooing and it cuts down on the bad smells a lot. We used it on our last cruise and in our RV.  It’s not cheap, but it lasts fairy long since you only spray it once or twice. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've started to bring a folding bike with me.

Specifically a Citizen Miami 20" and a helmet with a go pro.

Remember that bicycles can not be ridden while on board.

It fits under the bed when not in use.

It's my odd thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JerseyMom said:

I also pack large plastic bags for putting dirty clothes into. 

our travel agent gave us a laundry bag as a Thank you gift a few years ago: love it. Until then I used our small roller board and tipped it on its side: kept the top unzipped and filled it with our dirty cloths. Other than that and a small first aid kit I can't think of anything usual I have brought on board. I think my husbands shaving bag has a small sewing kit in it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, careyayn22 said:

I recommend Poo-pouri. If you haven’t seen it, it’s an oil-type spray you put in the toilet before pooing and it cuts down on the bad smells a lot. We used it on our last cruise and in our RV.  It’s not cheap, but it lasts fairy long since you only spray it once or twice. 

I started using this at home and in our RV where space is just about as tight as a cabin on the ship,  but never thought about on a cruise ship - it would be great!  And it comes in small enough bottles to pack. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00U1EAIHK?aaxitk=lJVV4.rK5XzI6HxLuHTw9g&pd_rd_i=B00U1EAIHK&pf_rd_p=3ff6092e-8451-438b-8278-7e94064b4d42&hsa_cr_id=5781212300501&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=Poo-Pourri Before-You-Go Toilet Spray 4 ml Bottle%2C Original Citrus Scent

• Like 1

17 hours ago, luv2cruise523 said:

This is a great idea! It will help keep our clothes separated. Everyone will have their own “cube”. Need that organization as we are 4 in a cabin.

Yeah my DD and S-I-L are sailing with a 3 y/o and a 14 m/o, so it'll be nice to organize their toys too 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry, but what is Bonnie?  Never heard of it.

Also I make a diy popourri.  The stuff really works! Adjust to the size of bottle you need.

1/2 cup rubbing alcohol

1/4 cup water

30-40 drops of essential oils - any scents you want

Shake and spray before you go.

12 minutes ago, StampedersFans said:

Sorry, but what is Bonnie?  Never heard of it.

Also I make a diy popourri.  The stuff really works! Adjust to the size of bottle you need.

1/2 cup rubbing alcohol

1/4 cup water

30-40 drops of essential oils - any scents you want

Shake and spray before you go.

"Bonnie" is apparently an inadvertent misspelling of Bonine, an anti-nausea/motion-sickness med.

(Probably "thanks" to auto-correct...?)

GC

• Like 2